Guest pakistan

Small time lurker here, first of all congratulations to everyone who have received their visas, may you be further blessed with happiness :) 

My husband applied for the partner visa from Pakistan in June 2016. We had all our documents finalised by May, and on June 16 he sent the paperwork to the embassy. A couple of days later they asked for his medicals/biometrics, which he sent. About two weeks later the embassy asked for more documents, which we then also sent through email. However, a month later we found out that our documents weren't read because they were not attached as PDF files, even though they had not stated to do this anywhere! So my husband then had to re-send the files as PDF.

We did not hear anything from the embassy for many months after that. In November of 2016, I went to visit my husband on a one month trip to Pakistan. We notified the embassy of my trip through email, and emailed them again of my return. On the 25th of January 2017 I had my interview after receiving a call from the Pakistani embassy here in Australia. It went well and was only 12 minutes long (I was asked mostly about my recent trip, my studies, financial support, where my husband would stay when he arrives, and what I like most about him). After my interview however, my husband did not receive any call. It was not until the 18 of May this year that he received his interview call, which thankfully also went well according to him. A day after the interview he was asked to send another police check. The police check was applied for and submitted after 10 days on the 29th of May.

And now we are waiting...just waiting for their response. It's so hard being patient sometimes, especially when you miss each other too much :(  I want to ask however, why were our interviews held four months apart? Why didn't my husband get a call right after mine? And how much longer must we wait? :((

20 hours ago, Earlgrey said:

Small time lurker here, first of all congratulations to everyone who have received their visas, may you be further blessed with happiness :) 

My husband applied for the partner visa from Pakistan in June 2016. We had all our documents finalised by May, and on June 16 he sent the paperwork to the embassy. A couple of days later they asked for his medicals/biometrics, which he sent. About two weeks later the embassy asked for more documents, which we then also sent through email. However, a month later we found out that our documents weren't read because they were not attached as PDF files, even though they had not stated to do this anywhere! So my husband then had to re-send the files as PDF.

We did not hear anything from the embassy for many months after that. In November of 2016, I went to visit my husband on a one month trip to Pakistan. We notified the embassy of my trip through email, and emailed them again of my return. On the 25th of January 2017 I had my interview after receiving a call from the Pakistani embassy here in Australia. It went well and was only 12 minutes long (I was asked mostly about my recent trip, my studies, financial support, where my husband would stay when he arrives, and what I like most about him). After my interview however, my husband did not receive any call. It was not until the 18 of May this year that he received his interview call, which thankfully also went well according to him. A day after the interview he was asked to send another police check. The police check was applied for and submitted after 10 days on the 29th of May.

And now we are waiting...just waiting for their response. It's so hard being patient sometimes, especially when you miss each other too much :(  I want to ask however, why were our interviews held four months apart? Why didn't my husband get a call right after mine? And how much longer must we wait? :((

I think, it takes a bit longer for male applicants (migrants). 

10 hours ago, Zain said:

How manny people completed 12 month waiting period.?

Hey riwaty any good news?

Hi Zain

No news from my side. Made a call yesterday to AHC-ISLAMABAD, that lady was so dumb without asking me the file no., she just asked me the date of lodgement and then replied that the processing time is 12 to 15 months. 

Anyways have applied for a family sponsored visa for my husband on 30th of April, still waiting for the decision. Lets see what happens. 

You can look over the spreadsheet to find who all are still waiting for the 309 visa decision. 

On 5/27/2017 at 03:02, arham786 said:

Guys i have a question. My wife recently applied for spouse visa mid April last month. I will go Pakistan in December this year and i want to bring her back with me mid January next year on visit visa. Im not sure if this will affect the spouse visa decision if it hasnt been processed already. If she is here at the time of their decision will they reject it or send a letter to go offshore? Not sure if its a major risk or not and if its worth taking.

Any inputs will be greatly appreciated. Thank you :) 

Hi Arhan,

Both the partner visa and the visitor visa are mutually exclusive where one visa does not affect the other. However I have read of cases where the applicant was in Australia during the last few months of the processing period, and the finalization of the partner visa was delayed until the applicant left Australia.

This may be the only risk for you since by the time your wife enters Australia in January, 9 months would already have passed since lodgement. So answering your question, if she is in Oz at the time of the decision, they will not reject it. They will just notify your wife to go offshore.

On 6/1/2017 at 18:31, RIWATY said:

You can update your details by using Form 1022 and submit it to the department. 

Hi Riwaty, I checked Form 1022 and it is for "Notification of changes in circumstances". I found another more relevant form 929 which is for "Change of Address or Passport detail". 

I think the change in circumstances is something else which can affect the decision on your visa.

What you think guys?

Edited by murtza4u

3 hours ago, murtza4u said:

Hi Riwaty, I checited Form 1022 and it is for "Notification of changes in circumstances". I found another more relevant form 929 which is for "Change of Address or Passport detail". 

I think the change in circumstances is something else which can affect the decision on your visa.

What you think guys?

Yes Murtza may be you are right. Have google It and found form 929 Is more appropriate for updating address change. Thanks for correcting me. 

On 2017-6-2 at 00:09, Butterfly said:

Hi Arhan,

Both the partner visa and the visitor visa are mutually exclusive where one visa does not affect the other. However I have read of cases where the applicant was in Australia during the last few months of the processing period, and the finalization of the partner visa was delayed until the applicant left Australia.

This may be the only risk for you since by the time your wife enters Australia in January, 9 months would already have passed since lodgement. So answering your question, if she is in Oz at the time of the decision, they will not reject it. They will just notify your wife to go offshore.

Thank you Butterfly :)

aoa guys..i have been a silent member of this group. I have applied for my 309 partner visa in April 17 from Pakistan, I want to get info about sponsored family tourist visa. Has anyone got that from Pakistan lately? I have heard it is difficult to get a visitor visa for Pakistanis, Can someone please share experience or help.

Yesterday, unfortunately, my wife missed the phone call from high commission. (i.e. She was unable to pick the phone due to some personal reasons)

After sometime (say an hour or so), when she checked her phone and realized there was a call from high commission (Assuming it was an interview call), she made a call to department immediately.The operator advised that the department will contact her soon.

Just wondering if anyone has such experience before ? (Missed a phone call from high commission). If YES, how long does it take them to contact you again ???

Regards,

Henry

Edited by henryolonga

thanks for the comments. 

Hopefully, they will come back after one month and we will receive the call this time. 

One question comes into my mind is what happens if we miss the call another time ? Can they schedule the call via email?
Obviously, we would like to pick the call straight away but just asking what there course of action is in such cases where applicant missed phone call in second attempt.  

Regards,

Henry

Hi Everyone,

I am mostly a silent reader, but I would like to ask a question. I am an Australian Citizen, I applied for my Wife's visa on 22nd Feb 2017. She is in Pakistan and the application was lodged online. Her medical was done on 8th March 2017. We are waiting from there onwards. My Question is, We know my wife will receive a phone call for the interview as an applicant. but will I be interviewed as her sponsor as well?

Was there any case where both applicant and sponsor were interviewed?

Will appreciate a quick response from someone.

Regards,

Asim

We applied for my Wife's visa in June 2016 and it was issued in January this year. That includes us delaying the medical due to a 3 week holiday being taken. We did it ourselves and found the process painless and simple, provided you complete the forms properly and have all the supporting information needed it is a very easy process. The only problems were receiving a response to emails when we were wanting to get updates.

11 hours ago, Buyer71 said:

We applied for my Wife's visa in June 2016 and it was issued in January this year. That includes us delaying the medical due to a 3 week holiday being taken. We did it ourselves and found the process painless and simple, provided you complete the forms properly and have all the supporting information needed it is a very easy process. The only problems were receiving a response to emails when we were wanting to get updates.

Where did you apply from? Grant in 7 months is pretty quick :rolleyes: