Would you go back?

Guest inlimbo

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest guest17301

Good one...interested to hear the replies..I imagine it depends on where they are now, why they left in the first place are how much they have to lose/gain. A poll would be good. Honesty essential! (Aldo):cute:

Qestion for those who have tried Oz and come back....would you try it again?

If there was a direct flight from Malaga that took 2hrs i might.

Qestion for those who have tried Oz and come back....would you try it again?

I have absolutely no problem with oz, i have some great memories,great friends.....mostly aussies.

We had a real positive experience,and did very well.

But could i leave the UK ,right now ........and leave the lifestyle i have now ( which is nothing special compared to some.........pub 300 yards away,good friends,my mom, Devon twice a year, europe), ........maybe one day ,but not yet

Well, in the event of escaping and actually getting myself back to civilization then no, nothing would prevail upon me to come back to live here although I would come back for holidays to see the grandkids but that would be it. Any more than about 3 months and I would be hankering to leave again. It's a very nice place for a holiday - the motels are cheap and a little bit of sunshine doesnt go amiss.

If you cant be happy where you are, are you ever going to be happy anywhere?

Ask all the ppl on here who are waiting for their visas..:err:

Ask all the ppl on here who are waiting for their visas..:err:

It was directed at everyone.

"If you cant be happy where you are, are you ever going to be happy anywhere?"

sorry didn't realise it was directed at any one person or group!

Maybe your problem is with me rather than the question but thats ok I'm a big boy. :wubclub:

Guest mollymo
If you cant be happy where you are, are you ever going to be happy anywhere?

Probably not, some people will find something to moan about where ever they lay their hat.

Guest guest30038

It's not just about being happy though is it? There's many folk who have come to Oz, and many gone back, who don't do it simply because they're unhappy in their current location.

I'm not unappy here but I'd go back at the drop of a hat if I could live comfortably in the Highlands of Scotland or on the Shetland Isles.

kev

:mask:Same here,I'm not unhappy as my kids are happy and that's the most important things for us as we came out here to give them a better life,and my eldest will never go back to live but who knows later on in life I hope he may wish to travel. On the other hand if my OH said we're going back (bear in mind he would never say that) I would go back tomorrow!!!

It was directed at everyone.

"If you cant be happy where you are, are you ever going to be happy anywhere?"

sorry didn't realise it was directed at any one person or group!

Maybe your problem is with me rather than the question but thats ok I'm a big boy. :wubclub:

get over yourself,

you may well be right but that shouldn't stop us all from trying.

I would not want to tie myself to Australia any more than I tied myself to the UK - I may want to stay forever ... and I may not. I hope that we would be lucky enough to have the choice to go back to the UK if we so decided, the same as we were lucky enough to have the choice to leave the UK to come here.

Choice and opportunity are wonderful things but it's when they are taken away that being anywhere can become difficult, so we do appreciate how lucky we are to be here - through choice.

Sue x

Guest inlimbo
It's not just about being happy though is it? There's many folk who have come to Oz, and many gone back, who don't do it simply because they're unhappy in their current location.

I'm not unappy here but I'd go back at the drop of a hat if I could live comfortably in the Highlands of Scotland or on the Shetland Isles.

kev

Good post, but this could be also the case for some people in the UK, they leave the Uk because they hate where they live in the UK and they go to Oz not realising a move to a different part of the UK would have probably have made them happy.

you may well be right but that shouldn't stop us all from trying.

Where in my post does it say you shouldn't try it? People go to Australia for many reasons, as do people coming home not all because they hate it, or hate the UK (or where ever they live).

Australia has the same problems as the UK some worse some better depending on where you lived in the UK and where you move to Australia.

If your escaping the UK because of X, when you get to Australia you will most likely find X waiting for you.

Now that is not a personal attack on anybody.

Guest JoanneHattersley

People go to Australia for many reasons, as do people coming home not all because they hate it, or hate the UK (or where ever they live).

Australia has the same problems as the UK some worse some better depending on where you lived in the UK and where you move to Australia.

If your escaping the UK because of X, when you get to Australia you will most likely find X waiting for you.

Uh oh I am going to agree with Geoff! Where are the men in white coats!! LOL!

I think youre dead right Geoff. A lot of people are `running` from something adn they forget that life here is the same. The same mundane things that you did in the UK have to be done here.

IMHO it all depends how realistic you are. Are you coming to Oz looking for something that aint there!!!

Where in my post does it say you shouldn't try it? People go to Australia for many reasons, as do people coming home not all because they hate it, or hate the UK (or where ever they live).

Now that is not a personal attack on anybody.

sigh... I didn't say you said you

shouldn't try it

ffs stop thinking its all about you!

:SLEEP:

Uh oh I am going to agree with Geoff! Where are the men in white coats!! LOL!

I think youre dead right Geoff. A lot of people are `running` from something adn they forget that life here is the same. The same mundane things that you did in the UK have to be done here.

IMHO it all depends how realistic you are. Are you coming to Oz looking for something that aint there!!!

Most common these days LOL

Guest pegasus 90

It's horses for courses. We are seriously thinking about going back to U.K, not because we are homesick or hate Australia (far from it). Personal circumstances, wants & needs change after a certain amount of years. We have found that Oz suited us perfectly when we had very young children, but now they have grown things are different. I don't necessarily buy into this 'better for the kids' notion.

We have looked at this in a measured, objective way & come to the realization that after 9 yrs; Oz just can't offer us the type of lifestyle we want.The remoteness has become a big issue for us. Nevertheless I accept that there will people on here who are infinitely more enthusiastic about Oz than me, I couldn't have contemplated going back after 2-3 years (we were too busy setting up home!). It has taken nearly a decade for me to change my mind.

The strangest thing is that 12 motnhs ago i couldn't imagine me being on a POMS forum let alone writing these words!

At the end of the day everyone has to travel their own journey, it just seems that mine will be taking a detour after 9 long years.

kev

Kev , watched a programme on some obscure cable channel,about 2 gay blokes who left a life on a busy street in Leeds ,to open up a campsite on the isle of Harris.

The bank let them down for the 80 grand they needed to do up this croft , so they used items from the land .

Heather was used for thatching for the roof,reclaimed poles for bridges etc.

Whilst one was working the ground......the other opened a small hairdressers by the docks to support themselves,this little business thrived.

And after all this ,they succeeded........loved their life........and had finally found peace .

Interesting programme

Guest guest30038
Kev , watched a programme on some obscure cable channel,about 2 gay blokes who left a life on a busy street in Leeds ,to open up a campsite on the isle of Harris.

The bank let them down for the 80 grand they needed to do up this croft , so they used items from the land .

Heather was used for thatching for the roof,reclaimed poles for bridges etc.

Whilst one was working the ground......the other opened a small hairdressers by the docks to support themselves,this little business thrived.

And after all this ,they succeeded........loved their life........and had finally found peace .

Interesting programme

The Good Life eh? I love those types of programmes, even if they do raise all the "what ifs". I'm here now and the missus suffers from Raynauds, so it looks like I'm stuck with the sun :cry:

kev

Probably not, some people will find something to moan about where ever they lay their hat.

Excuse my French but what a load of !! I am a very very positive person and see the good in everyone...."a do gooder if you like" but I know in my heart where I need to be and it aint here !!:realmad:

kev

Wow I think I just agreed with you !!! lol:wacko:

Archived