Why choose Adelaide?

Cots

Guest guest33730

Hey Cityboy,

We are moving to Gawler next year so it looks like we will be neighbours!! - Do you have a job to go to? are you moving into temporary accommodation or going straight into a rental etc?

Daniel

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest cityboy

Hi Daniel

Going straight into a short term rental for 8 weeks then will decide on areas from there.Start work last week of Jan. When you headed out???

Cityboy

Guest guest33730
Hi Daniel

Going straight into a short term rental for 8 weeks then will decide on areas from there.Start work last week of Jan. When you headed out???

Cityboy

We're not going 'til June, Haven't decided whether to get a short term rental or to stay with some friends yet - but still time to decide! - I haven't found anyone doing short term rentals in and around Gawler yet - it all seems to be near the beach or in the CBD.

Maybe have a PIO social when we're out, be good to put a few faces to the names!!

Daniel

We're not going 'til June, Haven't decided whether to get a short term rental or to stay with some friends yet - but still time to decide! - I haven't found anyone doing short term rentals in and around Gawler yet - it all seems to be near the beach or in the CBD.

Maybe have a PIO social when we're out, be good to put a few faces to the names!!

Daniel

Have yer tried "real holidays.com au" yet dan?

Guest guest33730
Have yer tried "real holidays.com au" yet dan?

Not yet Pab's - thanks for the tip though - I'll look into what they've got

Daniel

Guest cityboy

Hi Dan

I booked my short term rental on the net. Try www.holidaylets.com.au/sa/gawler. The place we have is fully furnished and is in Gawler. Our shipping takes about 8 weeks to arrive, so I decided to rent this place short term. I think it is on Gawler Terrace, which is off Murrey St in Gawler. Will be nice to able to walk to work for a while. As I mentioned, we can then use that as a base and explore the surrounds from there wrt to schools, amenities etc. Been looking at Tanunda and Nuriootpa , Angaston and Lyndoch. Obviously will get a feel for aplace when we get there.

Try the website above, any probs let me know.

Cheers, CITYBOY.

Guest guest33730
Hi Dan

I booked my short term rental on the net. Try www.holidaylets.com.au/sa/gawler. The place we have is fully furnished and is in Gawler. Our shipping takes about 8 weeks to arrive, so I decided to rent this place short term. I think it is on Gawler Terrace, which is off Murrey St in Gawler. Will be nice to able to walk to work for a while. As I mentioned, we can then use that as a base and explore the surrounds from there wrt to schools, amenities etc. Been looking at Tanunda and Nuriootpa , Angaston and Lyndoch. Obviously will get a feel for aplace when we get there.

Cheers, CITYBOY.

If it is Gawler terrace then that's exactly where we want to live - I would love to build something there if I could the views are pretty special. I'll have a look at the link you have posted and may be in touch later if that's ok. We will need easy access to Adelaide as my boys may go to the Uni and so we can't be much further out than Gawler - plus we are city people anyway.

Thanks for your help

Daniel

Guest cityboy

Hey Daniel,

I gave you the incorrect web address. The correct one is,

www.renta-home.com.au. There is a link on there for SA and the propeties available. Look up the rivergum property. It is a holiday home let.

Best wishes,

Cityboy

Guest guest33730
Hey Daniel,

I gave you the incorrect web address. The correct one is,

www.renta-home.com.au. There is a link on there for SA and the propeties available. Look up the rivergum property. It is a holiday home let.

Best wishes,

Cityboy

Yeah thanks cityboy, I actually worked it out last night with other info you had supplied - unfortunately someone has already booked it for 4 nights in July right in the middle of the time we would need it - so I may email them but it doesn't look promising - you will love it though - it's in a great location, you wait 'til you see the properties around, very exclusive and architect designed houses!

Thanks again

Daniel

Guest cityboy

Hi Daniel.

I presume you have been there before? I am not sure what Gawler is like, heard both good and bad, although it is handy for the city. I Have you been out to Oz to live before or just to visit. We arrive on the 10th and the people I working for have provided on arrival accommadation in Semaphore and a hire car for two weeks on arrival which aint bad. Have you got familt out that way? You may be able to work around thedates on offer from the property owners.

Cheers,

Cityboy.

Guest guest33730
Hi Daniel.

I presume you have been there before? I am not sure what Gawler is like, heard both good and bad, although it is handy for the city. I Have you been out to Oz to live before or just to visit. We arrive on the 10th and the people I working for have provided on arrival accommadation in Semaphore and a hire car for two weeks on arrival which aint bad. Have you got familt out that way? You may be able to work around thedates on offer from the property owners.

Cheers,

Cityboy.

I really liked Gawler - but it's about to change completely with new infrastructure going in etc - they want to double the population over the next few years and therefore it looks like the time to buy land/house etc. I have close friends there but not family, I worked together with them for a few years when I was in Essex so we'll see how it goes but I'm looking forward to it.

All the best

Daniel

Hi bring me sunshine,cityboy,

Any info on Nuriootpa etc just let me know, im an essex boy, been in oz for 6 years ,lived in Barossa for 3 years.Lovely part of state ,trust me i have done the grass is geener thing in perth and moved back here !

Guest guest33730
Hi bring me sunshine,cityboy,

Any info on Nuriootpa etc just let me know, im an essex boy, been in oz for 6 years ,lived in Barossa for 3 years.Lovely part of state ,trust me i have done the grass is geener thing in perth and moved back here !

Hey Roland,

Welcome to PIO - What do you do out in the Barossa? apart from drinking wine that is!!

Why do you like Adelaide over Perth?

Daniel

Guest mandisfam

Hi folks, Haven't been on PIO for ages. But have really enjoyed reading this thread, lovely to read some well balanced views on Adelaide.

Its always been our number 1 choice, having considered nearly all other cities in Australia, its the only one that we feel comfortable with....sounds odd I know but the more I read about the place the more it just feels right. Having a couple of friends in Adelaide helps to.

Good luck everyone making the move over there soon, we hope to be there by May 2010.

Mandisfam

Guest guest33730
Hi folks, Haven't been on PIO for ages. But have really enjoyed reading this thread, lovely to read some well balanced views on Adelaide.

Its always been our number 1 choice, having considered nearly all other cities in Australia, its the only one that we feel comfortable with....sounds odd I know but the more I read about the place the more it just feels right. Having a couple of friends in Adelaide helps to.

Good luck everyone making the move over there soon, we hope to be there by May 2010.

Mandisfam

Hey Mandisfam,

Hopefully you can warm the place up for us before we get there in June!!

All the best

Daniel

Hi Dan

Cheers, CITYBOY.

Mmmm I would work on 10-12 weeks to be safe, they are always optimistic with shipping estimates, plus it can take a couple of weeks to clear customs after it has landed.

If you can afford it it is good to overlap a new long term unfurnished rental with your furnished one for a few days - less stressful and you can have stuff delivered, unpacked and all nice to move into. :cute:

Hey Roland,

Welcome to PIO - What do you do out in the Barossa? apart from drinking wine that is!!

Why do you like Adelaide over Perth?

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Im currently "inbetween jobs" at the moment but my backround is the mining industry.

Perth has its good points but the cost of living was quite high when we went there(2006) ,and at the time I could not get the work I was looking for.

As for wine the irony is I hate the stuff and my wife gets it for free from her work !!.

Guest guest33730
Hi Daniel,

Im currently "inbetween jobs" at the moment but my backround is the mining industry.

Perth has its good points but the cost of living was quite high when we went there(2006) ,and at the time I could not get the work I was looking for.

As for wine the irony is I hate the stuff and my wife gets it for free from her work !!.

Cool - seems your wife will be the popular one then!!

All the best with finding a job (presuming that's what you want)

Daniel

Yep i'm on my xmas break then will start looking in new year as a lot of jobs dont come up till then.

Just finished 5 months of 4/1 so like having the time off back home.

To be honest I havent looked at old posts so whats the go with moving to Gawler ?

Guest guest33730
Yep i'm on my xmas break then will start looking in new year as a lot of jobs dont come up till then.

Just finished 5 months of 4/1 so like having the time off back home.

To be honest I havent looked at old posts so whats the go with moving to Gawler ?

I am a church pastor and our denomination has a small church there (the only one we have in Aus) and I have been asked to help out - so i am currently handing over the church i pastor in Paisley (will be done by end of Feb) and then come out with my wife & twin boys (17) in June next year. I also run businesses to help with income (mainly property related) so may set something up when I'm out as well.

Can't wait, we have been talking about coming to Aus for past 12 years or so and so when the opportunity arose we have grabbed it with both hands.

Never expected it would be Adelaide area but really happy it is.

Daniel

How do the boys feel about such a move??.Gawler and surrounds would be a good area to get into property wise as just down the road a new delfin estate is being built and the new expressway should be finished by september 2010.

Guest guest33730
How do the boys feel about such a move??.Gawler and surrounds would be a good area to get into property wise as just down the road a new delfin estate is being built and the new expressway should be finished by september 2010.

yeah, if you see my earlier posts on this thread I was saying about the new infrastructure going into the area. I saw it happen a few times in the UK during the 90's and 00's but got in to things quite late so it will be good to part of it happening in Gawler area. The Boys can't wait although Girlfriends are now currently working out how they can follow!!

We have moved quite often as a family and travelled extensively so I think we are as prepared as we can be for this move. I must say again that although Adelaide area wouldn't have been out 1st choice I've got a funny feeling it's going to be perfect for us.

Daniel

Guest cityboy

Hi Roland. Cheers for the offer. We are jetting off in 2 weeks, house not even packed yet and still wrappng xmas presents!! In your experience , where is the best place to reside in the Barossa wrt to schools etc. I quite fancy Angaston from what I have read, not sure how long the commute to the CBD and beach would from there though. I guess you are back in Nuri. We are lokking for something semi rural with a not too long drive to the CBD. Presumably the public transport in the Barossa is limited. Any advice graetley appreciated.

Cheers, cityboy and family.

Hi Roland. Cheers for the offer. We are jetting off in 2 weeks, house not even packed yet and still wrappng xmas presents!! In your experience , where is the best place to reside in the Barossa wrt to schools etc. I quite fancy Angaston from what I have read, not sure how long the commute to the CBD and beach would from there though. I guess you are back in Nuri. We are lokking for something semi rural with a not too long drive to the CBD. Presumably the public transport in the Barossa is limited. Any advice graetley appreciated.

Cheers, cityboy and family.

Wait till may,yer gonna win the prem arnt yer:biggrin:?anyway,much rather you win it than THEM,btw..............port noarlunga,quiet,but beaches and pubs within walking distance,just my opinion:wink:

Guest cityboy

Hi Daniel

Having read you are a church pastor, our local church arranged a concert for third world maternity awareness. I was asked to play drums whuch I agreed to do only to find it was all U2 songs !!!!(U2CHIRIST MOVEMENT). I love playing drums but took no pleasure in playing U2!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyhow, if you have thoughts on forming a chuch band, give me a shout. (NO U2 ALLOWED)

Best wishes,

Cityboy.

Archived