The All New Fishing Thread

Guest Working to fish

Guest cazbeckham

Eddie

Just had a thought, while Tina is in the UK you did say she would come back to find a dog and a motorbike perhaps you could squeeze in a 4 stroke engine as well or would that be pushing your luck????? If she chucks you out you can stay with us hahahaha

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Working to fish
Eddie

We are free this Sunday, but maybe we need a couple more times out or maybe not hahahah

other dates we are free are:-

1/2 Aug - 8/9 Aug - 15th Aug - 29/30 Aug - in fact Sat 29th August is Barry's 60th so we could go out then and take some party balloons etc to put up on the beach but don;t tell Barry as he hates parties hahahaha

will wait for pete to see these,s dates ,think he is logged on right about now lol.

eddie

Guest Pete and Lou

Hi, glad to hear that your first trip out on your boat was a success and you both enjoyed it. Louise, the kids & I are available pretty much any time, just let us know when & we will be there for some beach fishing!!!

Been looking for this picture for ages...

here it is

can i be in the gang now???

Please???????

BTW that was a young aldo 1990 brisbane

Bl**dy catfish, Aldo...They are considered as a minus fish in Qld.

Cheers, Bobj.

don't want to be in a childish fishing club anyway:wink:

Was out fishing off the rocks yesterday 6.30 AM-9 AM

Caught 3 members of the mack attack. Not these, but very similar; grey (broadbar), macks.

Cheers, Bobj.

They look like skinny tuna, are they same species

Guest inlimbo
They look like skinny tuna, are they same species

you know when you have a tuna on Aldo. all muscle and they fight like hell....caught some nice yellowfin when I was in Africa.

Guest Guest9973

It's windy here too.:arghh:

Had a good day on Thursday though - my first bag out on King George Whiting :laugh:

Guest guest30038

It's windy here too.

Same here....................had sprouts and cabbage for dinner last night :biglaugh:

kev

Guest Guest9973
Same here....................had sprouts and cabbage for dinner last night :biglaugh:

kev

:wacko:

Curry tonight - so I can forecast what it will be here too!

Guest Working to fish
It's windy here too.:arghh:

Had a good day on Thursday though - my first bag out on King George Whiting :laugh:

Nice one Tyke ,its 18 knots here with a 1.9 swell .

gutted.

Think its in for a few days ,think i will sit in the passage on sunday and see if by a miracel a fish comes my way.

eddie

Guest Guest9973

gutted.

Think its in for a few days ,think i will sit in the passage on sunday and see if by a miracel a fish comes my way.

eddie

Hope ya manage to get out.

Does the wind direction make a difference where you are??

It does here - can be the same speed but if it comes from one direction folk won't go out but same speed / different direction everyone is happy.

So much to learn yet!

Guest Working to fish
Hope ya manage to get out.

Does the wind direction make a difference where you are??

It does here - can be the same speed but if it comes from one direction folk won't go out but same speed / different direction everyone is happy.

So much to learn yet!

Still trying to get my head around the wind direction ,from what i can work out if its a s/se wind then people are happy.Not sure if this is gosbel ,may be Kev knows more ?.

What do you think Kev ?.

After the other week going out when it was a big swell ,i am now being more cautious.

eddie

gutted.

eddie

Man or mouse lol, try the north sea from hartlepool or the irish from flrrtwood thats a bit choppy , went out on a 3 day trip from Hartlepool , 2nd nite 8 or 9 winds gustin higher bout 60 mile out ,now that is ****tin yersen stuff and every other bodily excramental fluid.

Mally

Still trying to get my head around the wind direction ,from what i can work out if its a s/se wind then people are happy.Not sure if this is gosbel ,may be Kev knows more ?.

What do you think Kev ?.

After the other week going out when it was a big swell ,i am now being more cautious.

eddie

Is it back to front to the uk as n ne on the east were nasty , s se comin from the antartic innit

mally

but

I caught it

Guest guest30038

What do you think Kev ?.

eddie

Mate, I take no notice of tides, moons etc. With a deckie that works shifts, I'm happy just to get out even if fishing predictions are poor.......there's always an exception to the rule with fish..............just like humans when most MacDonalds are empty late at night, somewhere, some big fat bugger is feeding their face in one :biglaugh:

Wind against tide is the big no-no.............particularly in parts of Moreton Bay. It might only be a light to moderate wind but if it's a king tide, flowing into the oncoming wind, then the waves will stand up.........if the wind stays the same direction all day, then you have a fishing window of 6 hrs when the wind is blowing with the tide.

kev

Guest guest30038
Bloody luverly the UK today....hot and s :spinny:

Did someone mention weather? :biglaugh:

kev

Guest Guest9973
Mate, I take no notice of tides, moons etc. With a deckie that works shifts, I'm happy just to get out even if fishing predictions are poor.......there's always an exception to the rule with fish..............just like humans when most MacDonalds are empty late at night, somewhere, some big fat bugger is feeding their face in one :biglaugh:

Wind against tide is the big no-no.............particularly in parts of Moreton Bay. It might only be a light to moderate wind but if it's a king tide, flowing into the oncoming wind, then the waves will stand up.........if the wind stays the same direction all day, then you have a fishing window of 6 hrs when the wind is blowing with the tide.

kev

Wind against tide here in Adelaide is uncomfortable as well.

We were in that situation and beam on to a big swell the other day.

It didn't help that my fishing buddy was fishing on the same side as me either.

We fish mainly on the run in tide ,catching lots of Squid and Cuttlefish on the period of slack water. Last time it happened we ended up with 13 squid and 5 ,3kg cuttlefish.The boat was covered in bloody ink due to a newbie pulling em' in!

Guest Working to fish

kev

Kev

this is what seabrezze is saying ,,,,,,,,

SUNDAY

7am

ene 9 knots 1.9m swell

10am

ene 9 knots 1.8 swell

1pm

ne 9 knots 1.7 swell

4.30pm

nne 7 knots 1.7 swell

Wave direction

7am south

10am

sse

1pm

sse

what would you do ?

I have just driven past mooloolaba bar 6pm on a saturday night and it is as flat as a pan cake and no wind .

cheers

eddie

Guest cazbeckham

Eddie

We need info on wind for fishing. We went on the Mooloolah River yesterday and did some fishing and just for the record I caught 5 Brim (Bream) and Barry caught 2 but after my third he said he wasnt playing or counting hehehehe

We need another anchor as well as just having the one at the front was swinging the boat in all directions - we just have not got the hang of this yet

Archived