Temp resident visa (309) - Perm Residant

nik_kershaw

Hi there, my question is that I am in Australia on a subclass 309 visa, and have been lead to believe that someone will just come to our house and check my wife and I are still together. Is this right or do I have to email someone to gain perm resident visa?

Hi there, my question is that I am in Australia on a subclass 309 visa, and have been lead to believe that someone will just come to our house and check my wife and I are still together. Is this right or do I have to email someone to gain perm resident visa?

Suggest you contact your case officer and ask that question - was there nothing on your visa grant letter to advise you of the procedure?

good luck

Hi there, my question is that I am in Australia on a subclass 309 visa, and have been lead to believe that someone will just come to our house and check my wife and I are still together.

The DIAC are most unlikely to visit your home unless they have 'community information' indicating that you are not together.

The procedure for processing the so-called 'second stage' spouse visas has recently changed (for the better it seems) and you can expect a letter from the DIAC in due course. Make sure they have your current address.

The DIAC will of course know if either of you leaves Australia and they can and do data-match work addresses and bank account addresses and so on.

Archived