Woods interviews

lynne1266

Good afternoon Noel and family

Which sort of area are you looking at? i can have a look around and see what i can come up with, how many rooms would you be looking at? (i am shore you have four children? if i remember right?) will have a look around for you, would you be wanting a hire car to?

Michelle.

ps. 2 to have a look on is www.wotif.com.au and also have a look on www.budgetstay.com.au hope this is of some help.

Hi Mark and Michelle, we were looking at Berwick to get a house long term,but for the hotel probably somewhere close enough to the airport and we're probably going to rent a car at the airport as we need a seven seater as we have 4 sprogs LOL, on a different note was it woods that organised your house for you and if so what was it like we're you happy with it?

Thanks for your help it's greatly appreciated

Noel

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sharon and gaz
Hi Sharon and Gaz, we don't get into Melbourne till 19.15 so just going to get a hotel for the night we were talking to Tony Houlston and he said that was probably a good idea and that he would pick us up the next day and bring us to our new house.

How are you getting all with your own move?

Noel.

Still early days for us,just getting the house organised for the move just now.The shipping agent is coming on Tuesday to quote us for our stuff,gonna send it away in April then we have to hand back our car to the lease company at the start of June.Best of luck with it all mate,exciting times ahead for you and your family we hope..

Guest sharon and gaz

Hi everyone,us again.Can anybody explain the ins and outs of registration and rwc's on cars being bought second hand .We have been scanning Gumtree for possible purchases but it doesn't seem to be black and white if you know what i mean.Any help would be most appreciated guys.:err:

Guest markandmichelle
Hi Mark and Michelle, we were looking at Berwick to get a house long term,but for the hotel probably somewhere close enough to the airport and we're probably going to rent a car at the airport as we need a seven seater as we have 4 sprogs LOL, on a different note was it woods that organised your house for you and if so what was it like we're you happy with it?

Thanks for your help it's greatly appreciated

Noel

Good afternoon Noel and family

We stayed at a hotel close to the airport the 1st day we got in to Melbourne, if anything we found it really good as it gave us time to feel normal (if there is such a thing...lol) before Crystal picked us up, and the house was not ready till the day after we got in.

Yes it was Chris that sorted us out with our rental house, all i can say Chris did a great job, he asked us what we was looking for and so we had a look on net sent him a few we liked the look of, and so on. We are in Cranbourne North and love it here, we have a housemaker centre just 5 mins down the road, the city is only an hour from us on a train (train is only about 5 mins down the road) and fountain gate shopping centre is only about 10 15 mins down the other road.

I know there is people who enjoy Berwick, and Narre Warren and Cranbourne, but on the whole we are happy with the house we have and with where we are. there is 2 beaches just about 15 mins away from us. great going for a walk along the beaches at night.

Hope this has been of some help? if you have any question i will do my best to help.

Take care

Michelle and Mark:cool:

• 2 weeks later...
finally nearly there with all that paper work fingers crossed now how is everyone else getting on?

lol its a big sigh of relief when you get the paper work done, we are just about approaching the end of it last couple of bits to get then we can get it all posted off. When are you hoping to get out?

If i remember right you were looking at Berwick, looks as though we will be going there as well i have been looking at houses in different areas.

Sarah

Guest the woodcocks
lol its a big sigh of relief when you get the paper work done, we are just about approaching the end of it last couple of bits to get then we can get it all posted off. When are you hoping to get out?

If i remember right you were looking at Berwick, looks as though we will be going there as well i have been looking at houses in different areas.

Sarah

hi yes we are looking at berwick area just trying to sort out the house to sell there is so much to sort out hope things are ok for you

Guest markandmichelle

Good luck to you all, but no need for fingers crossed, not heard of anyone not getting a 457 visas.

I think everyone is the same the paperwork is the thing that has everyone pulling their hair out!!!!!!!lol

(making sure everything is there and making sure that you have not lefted anything out!!!!!!!!!) and then comes the waiting time and checking e.mails... it seems like a life time but the max time it is taking is 6 weeks. (which is no time at all) then time flys.....

So all the best all

Michelle:~)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I have just applied for my 457 visa and i'm now playing the waiting game. I've got a job guaranteed at woods and I was wondering how people manage on the wages they get payed. Without being too personal I just want to know if poeple have a comfortable lifestyle or is it tough. I will be coming over later this year with my wife and 2 children.

Many thanks Steve

Guest markandmichelle
Hi everyone, I have just applied for my 457 visa and i'm now playing the waiting game. I've got a job guaranteed at woods and I was wondering how people manage on the wages they get payed. Without being too personal I just want to know if poeple have a comfortable lifestyle or is it tough. I will be coming over later this year with my wife and 2 children.

Many thanks Steve

Hi Steve and family

My name is Michelle and my other half is Mark there are familys out here that manage on the Woods wages, not everything you see is a dear as some would make it out to be, its just a case of shopping around. But with 2 children donot forget you will need to pay for uniforms and books and sometimes you do have to pay a fee to the school. but we have found our lifestyle so much better and a better way of life. I think the best thing i could say to anyone is make sure you do and find out as much info as you can. and always alot of people about you can ask question of and they will do they best to help. and the Woods group are always on hand to help with any questions you may have. Good luck with the visa.

Take care Michelle

Well folks, shipping is sent, house in berwick organised, flight's fully paid for, touch down in Melbourne on 1st of March, can't bloody wait, Melbourne here we come. LOL:biggrin:[/QUOT

Hi Guys,well house still on market it's been 8 months now.......... Hopefully housing market will pick up soon,fingers x'd!!!!!!!!! So soul destroying when it's the only thing holding you back is selling your house.Good luck to everyone who is awaiting their visas and to those who have booked their flights...............lucky gits,wish it was us!!!!!!!!!!!!:biglaugh:

Take care everyone,hope we'll all meet up on the other side.

Angie,Paul n kids

Many thanks Steve

Hi

It depends what your idea of comfortable or tough is, my idea of tough is not having any money left after paying the rent, petrol, utilities, food, etc my idea of comfortable is paying all bills and having money left to put away to save for a holiday to be able to go out pictures nice meals been able to walk into a shop and buy me and the kids some new clothes if we need them without panicking at the price. you need to work out what you will be paid and what you have in your hand each week and what you will pay out of that wage only you can decide what is tough and what is comfortable.

Guest markandmichelle
Well folks, shipping is sent, house in berwick organised, flight's fully paid for, touch down in Melbourne on 1st of March, can't bloody wait, Melbourne here we come. LOL:biggrin:[/QUOT

Hi Guys,well house still on market it's been 8 months now.......... Hopefully housing market will pick up soon,fingers x'd!!!!!!!!! So soul destroying when it's the only thing holding you back is selling your house.Good luck to everyone who is awaiting their visas and to those who have booked their flights...............lucky gits,wish it was us!!!!!!!!!!!!:biglaugh:

Take care everyone,hope we'll all meet up on the other side.

Angie,Paul n kids

Hi Angie

Still no joy with the house then hun? have you had the people come though the door? Fingers crossed it will not be much longer for you. It seems to be a big problem at the moment no1 seem to be buying houses. well it will not be long then you will all be sitting by the bbq with a cold glass of wine in hand:cool:

God luck hun.

Michelle

Guest markandmichelle
Well folks, shipping is sent, house in berwick organised, flight's fully paid for, touch down in Melbourne on 1st of March, can't bloody wait, Melbourne here we come. LOL:biggrin:

Hi Prendergast Family

Not long now!!!!!!! these next couple of weeks will just fly by..........All the best you was lucky to have your house all sorted for you here!!! All the best with last few things to do. see you down under......lol

All the best Michelle and Mark:cool:

Well folks, shipping is sent, house in berwick organised, flight's fully paid for, touch down in Melbourne on 1st of March, can't bloody wait, Melbourne here we come. LOL:biggrin:

Wow bet your really excited now, you will have to keep us posted on everything. We have just applied for our 457 so now just waiting, my partner Phil has a job with woods. Do you know which branch you are going to be working at?

We are looking to move to Berwick were abouts is the house you have, I keep looking on realestate can't believe how many gorgeous houses there out spoilt for choice, it will be hard to pick one.

Sarah :smile:

Forgot to ask who have you used for your shipping, are you taking alot with you.

Wow bet your really excited now, you will have to keep us posted on everything. We have just applied for our 457 so now just waiting, my partner Phil has a job with woods. Do you know which branch you are going to be working at?

We are looking to move to Berwick were abouts is the house you have, I keep looking on realestate can't believe how many gorgeous houses there out spoilt for choice, it will be hard to pick one.

Sarah :smile:

Hi Sarah, just heard of Crystal the other day i will be working in the Brighton branch, we got a 4 bed in Berwick for $360 pw, we thought that Berwick was the best place for the kid's schools and value for money but then again it's all down to personal choice, when it came to shipping we weighed up the options and decided that we wouldn't bring out all our furniture and stuff and we just shipped a pallet with all our personal stuff (IE pictures ornaments sentimental stuff)

Won't be long now for yourselves you'll be amazed at how quick it all comes into place once you start the ball rolling.

All the Best

Noel.

Hi Angie

Still no joy with the house then hun? have you had the people come though the door? Fingers crossed it will not be much longer for you. It seems to be a big problem at the moment no1 seem to be buying houses. well it will not be long then you will all be sitting by the bbq with a cold glass of wine in hand:cool:

God luck hun.

Michelle

Hi Michelle,tell me bout it,I know we're not the only ones having probs selling up.......We did have some interest b4 xmas,but like us the other couple need to sell their property too!!!!! Sooooooooo lookin 4ward to those hot days,sittin chillin wif a nice glass or 2 of vino!! Hope it happens soon.

Take care huni

Angie xxxx

Guest markandmichelle

Hi Michelle,tell me bout it,I know we're not the only ones having probs selling up.......We did have some interest b4 xmas,but like us the other couple need to sell their property too!!!!! Sooooooooo lookin 4ward to those hot days,sittin chillin wif a nice glass or 2 of vino!! Hope it happens soon.

Take care huni

Angie xxxx

Hi Angie

I so feel for you hun, must be sending you mad!!!!!!!:arghh: it will happen and the vino will always be on chill for you....lol:biggrin: the sun not been out today but still been nice.

Well will have fingers crossed here for you hun.... keep me up to date so i have enough vino in the chiller....lol

Take care hun Michelle.xxxx

Guest markandmichelle
Hi Sarah, just heard of Crystal the other day i will be working in the Brighton branch, we got a 4 bed in Berwick for $360 pw, we thought that Berwick was the best place for the kid's schools and value for money but then again it's all down to personal choice, when it came to shipping we weighed up the options and decided that we wouldn't bring out all our furniture and stuff and we just shipped a pallet with all our personal stuff (IE pictures ornaments sentimental stuff)

Won't be long now for yourselves you'll be amazed at how quick it all comes into place once you start the ball rolling.

All the Best

Noel.

Morning Noel and family.

Not long now :jiggy: hope all is falling into place for you all, and that the packing is going well?lol You have got a good shop you are going to, the manager name is Nick him and his family moved here about 4 months ago. Really nice and great people. so you will have no worries there. Well enjoy you last few days in Ireland.

All the best Michelle and Mark:v_SPIN:

Guest janey380
Hi Steve and family

My name is Michelle and my other half is Mark there are familys out here that manage on the Woods wages, not everything you see is a dear as some would make it out to be, its just a case of shopping around. But with 2 children donot forget you will need to pay for uniforms and books and sometimes you do have to pay a fee to the school. but we have found our lifestyle so much better and a better way of life. I think the best thing i could say to anyone is make sure you do and find out as much info as you can. and always alot of people about you can ask question of and they will do they best to help. and the Woods group are always on hand to help with any questions you may have. Good luck with the visa.

Take care Michelle

Hi, Steve and Family

We have been here approx 3 years on a 457 visa with Woods and I would truthfully say that us (without any children) would really struggle to have a good life on one wage. Our original plan was for me to only work part time but that is not possible if you want to enjoy a good quality of life. Woods wages are not the best in the accident repair world to say the least and the cost of living here has risen greatly over the last 12 months. I can,t help with any advice on the kids front i,m afraid but do know of others that find it a big struggle having to find money for fee,s, books etc . I think others that have not been lucky enough for both parties to find work have had to rely on their savings quite a bit.

If you have any questions we can help with , don,t hesitate to ask. I think its better to come expecting reality than to have a shock when you get here !!

Take Care and good luck

Jane

Archived