Woods interviews

lynne1266

Guest markandmichelle
Thanks to everyone for the wee pep talk,feel a bit better now.Michelle,we would love to meet up with you and will make a point of it once we are settled.Can't promise i'll bring the sun but it has been nice here recently,nevermind i'm sure the Melbourne scorchers will soon return.Take care everybody xxxx. Sharon and Gaz

Hi Sharon and Gaz

Not a problem we have all been there at some point and always good to have someone there just to say it will all work out, know what it is like and thinking you will not have anywhere when you get here can drive you mad....:goofy: it does seem like it is a mess and then everything just seems to fall into place, Weather has been good over the weekend and looking good for the week:cool: so fingers crossed it stays that way for when you guys come over... enjoy your week and take care.

Michelle:cute:

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sharon and gaz
Hi Sharon and Gaz

Not a problem we have all been there at some point and always good to have someone there just to say it will all work out, know what it is like and thinking you will not have anywhere when you get here can drive you mad....:goofy: it does seem like it is a mess and then everything just seems to fall into place, Weather has been good over the weekend and looking good for the week:cool: so fingers crossed it stays that way for when you guys come over... enjoy your week and take care.

Michelle:cute:

Hi GUYS

Fantastic news woke up this morning to find out we've got a house!!!! 31 tantallon boulevard beaconsfield its near to my new base and within traveling distance to garry's new workshop at boxhill can't tell you how relieved I am. Sorry for all the moaning but just started to freak out a bit. Now I can relax and enjoy our leaving soiree on fri night bubbling all night probably!!

I can now start emailing the schools and contact our shippers our stuff arrives the same day I do with the kids 23rd june!!! Will definitely meet up with everyone bringing the grey goose vodka via duty free for a serious cocktail night!!!

sharonxx:biggrin:

Guest the freemans

Yay

We've got our visa confirmed this morning....:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Not been on for a while but have kept track of everyone who's been on the same jouney as we have.

Sold the house and (touch wood..all will be good for us to be on the move pretty soon)

We've been looking at Ringwood as somewhere to live. Not too far out and schools look pretty good for the kids.

Anyone got any opinions, experience, knowledge of the area so we know whether we're looking at something good (or not!) Know it's not the usual area that's asked about, but would appreciate any help.

Thanks again

Justin & Gill

Guest markandmichelle
Hi GUYS

Fantastic news woke up this morning to find out we've got a house!!!! 31 tantallon boulevard beaconsfield its near to my new base and within traveling distance to garry's new workshop at boxhill can't tell you how relieved I am. Sorry for all the moaning but just started to freak out a bit. Now I can relax and enjoy our leaving soiree on fri night bubbling all night probably!!

I can now start emailing the schools and contact our shippers our stuff arrives the same day I do with the kids 23rd june!!! Will definitely meet up with everyone bringing the grey goose vodka via duty free for a serious cocktail night!!!

sharonxx:biggrin:

Thats great news Sharon, you was not moaning as i said we have all been there at some point in time and its just good to hear its not just you, and to hear it from others you come to understand you are not the only ones who thinks they are going mad,,,,,,, waiting and fingers crossed you have somewhere to move into... but Chris is a pretty good guy and does his best. well enjoy your leaving do and donot forget to have loads of tissues with you!!!!!!!! so you will not be long without your stuff then thats good news. cocktails and shots.....:jiggy: lol Michelle.xx PS has Gaz got Crystal picking him up from airport?

Guest markandmichelle
Yay

We've got our visa confirmed this morning....:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Not been on for a while but have kept track of everyone who's been on the same jouney as we have.

Sold the house and (touch wood..all will be good for us to be on the move pretty soon)

We've been looking at Ringwood as somewhere to live. Not too far out and schools look pretty good for the kids.

Anyone got any opinions, experience, knowledge of the area so we know whether we're looking at something good (or not!) Know it's not the usual area that's asked about, but would appreciate any help.

Thanks again

Justin & Gill

Big congrats on the visa guys. and also on the sale of your house....

Do you know which shop Justin will be working at?

I donot know about Ringwood, sorry but could have an ask around if you want me to?

Well take care and all the best

Michelle.

Guest sharon and gaz
Thats great news Sharon, you was not moaning as i said we have all been there at some point in time and its just good to hear its not just you, and to hear it from others you come to understand you are not the only ones who thinks they are going mad,,,,,,, waiting and fingers crossed you have somewhere to move into... but Chris is a pretty good guy and does his best. well enjoy your leaving do and donot forget to have loads of tissues with you!!!!!!!! so you will not be long without your stuff then thats good news. cocktails and shots.....:jiggy: lol Michelle.xx PS has Gaz got Crystal picking him up from airport?

Hi Michelle

Still have'nt heard from Crystal or Tony yet.:mad:

Guest the freemans
Big congrats on the visa guys. and also on the sale of your house....

Do you know which shop Justin will be working at?

I donot know about Ringwood, sorry but could have an ask around if you want me to?

Well take care and all the best

Michelle.

Thanks

Haven't heard where Justin is going to be working yet, but hopefully Ringwood is pretty central to commute to most of the shops.

Would be lovely if you could get any info re: Ringwood, anything is gratefully received :smile:.

We've narrowed and narrowed down where we think we'd like to be and think that it gives us the best of all that we want, particularly for the kids and their schools. Also I'll (hopefully be going back to work) at some point so it's not that far out from the city.

thanks again

getting a bit excited now :biggrin:

Gill

Guest markandmichelle
Hi Michelle

Still have'nt heard from Crystal or Tony yet.:mad:

Bless you Sharon you still got a week till you fly? i know what you mean about always seems to be waiting on everyone and feeling like things are not moving the way it should be, it does drive you mad and you do start to feel like you want to scream.........:arghh: i also think that it can seem like they have forgot about you and the fact it is not just moving down the road... but to the other side of the world...... they will be in touch (trust me) you will need that drink when you get over here....... maybe even the bottle :wacko:....lol sometimes the way of things over here does seem very laid back, but it will be worth it in the end...

Stay calm and just think not long know and starting a new part of your life.

Michelle,:wub:

Guest markandmichelle
Thanks

Haven't heard where Justin is going to be working yet, but hopefully Ringwood is pretty central to commute to most of the shops.

Would be lovely if you could get any info re: Ringwood, anything is gratefully received :smile:.

We've narrowed and narrowed down where we think we'd like to be and think that it gives us the best of all that we want, particularly for the kids and their schools. Also I'll (hopefully be going back to work) at some point so it's not that far out from the city.

thanks again

getting a bit excited now :biggrin:

Gill

Hi Jill :laugh:

Justin if like the other guys will find out about couple weeks before you come over here,

All i really know of Ringwood is there is a big place there that sells cars, but have done some asking around and asking which parts are the best of Ringwood, so when i hear something will let you know,

So how many children do you have Jill? are they looking forward to the move? how about yourself?

I know what you mean about getting excited and also thinking about everything and trying to make sure you have not lefted anything out..... brain goes on overtime....:chatterbox: even when you are trying to get some sleep and your brain doesnot want to turn of....:SLEEP:

Take care and talk soon Michelle

Guest the freemans
Hi Jill :laugh:

Justin if like the other guys will find out about couple weeks before you come over here,

All i really know of Ringwood is there is a big place there that sells cars, but have done some asking around and asking which parts are the best of Ringwood, so when i hear something will let you know,

So how many children do you have Jill? are they looking forward to the move? how about yourself?

I know what you mean about getting excited and also thinking about everything and trying to make sure you have not lefted anything out..... brain goes on overtime....:chatterbox: even when you are trying to get some sleep and your brain doesnot want to turn of....:SLEEP:

Take care and talk soon Michelle

Well we've narrowed it down a bit further...we're now looking at Ringwood (not East) and Croydon South!

We've got 2 kids, a boy and a girl, 7 & 9.

They seem to be on board with what we're doing. We've told them every step of the way what's going on and why we're doing it. I'm sure we'll have a few tears and tantrums along the way, but we're prepared for it (fingers crossed)

I'm really looking forward to it, think it will be the best thing we do as a family and we've talked about it for so long now and it looks like it's finally gonna happen :smile:

Will be booking the shipping in the next week or so which will make it a bit more real.

How long after you arrived did Mark start work (if you don't mind me asking) ?

Thanks again

Gill & Justin

Guest markandmichelle

Hello Gill and Justin

Hope you guys had a good weekend?

Nice age for the little ones to come out here, shore like everyone there will be tears..... think thats why everyone comes here for a better way of life and to enjoy the outside life more than you can in the uk.

Yes when you stuff does get picked up it does seem more real, and then the are we doing the right thing????? and the being un shore of things comes into the back of mind, but we are glad we have done it, and love our way of life here so much more than we did in the uk.

Mark had a couple of weeks off after we landed to when he started work, (think its the same for most of the guys)

How long is Justin looking at having off?

Take care Michelle.:biggrin:

Guest the freemans
Hello Gill and Justin

Hope you guys had a good weekend?

Nice age for the little ones to come out here, shore like everyone there will be tears..... think thats why everyone comes here for a better way of life and to enjoy the outside life more than you can in the uk.

Yes when you stuff does get picked up it does seem more real, and then the are we doing the right thing????? and the being un shore of things comes into the back of mind, but we are glad we have done it, and love our way of life here so much more than we did in the uk.

Mark had a couple of weeks off after we landed to when he started work, (think its the same for most of the guys)

How long is Justin looking at having off?

Take care Michelle.:biggrin:

Hi Michelle

Lots of rain and wind over here this weekend :frown:

How's it been down under?

Well now it looks like this might be happening, I think that family and friends are struggling with what's going to be in the next couple of months:sad:

Justin is looking to do the same...2 weeks. So much to do...schools, uniforms, driving licences, medicare, loads more I'm sure...

If you don't mind me asking, did you have big goodbye's at the airport?...I've asked not to have anyone at the airport when we leave as I don't want us or the kids to have the last memory before we leave with lots of crying and upset. Maybe selfish, but we'd rather not have the kids being upset and us (maybe selfishly) having to deal with the aftermath of it. 2 flights and memories (for them in particular) is not my idea of a new adventure for us all.

Blimey, need to take deep breath

You're such a star, thanks

Speak soon

Gill

Guest markandmichelle

Hello Gill:jiggy:

The weather here has been a bit strange....... last night it was strong winds and todays has had some winds, but not too bad, keeping saying its like a good day in the uk...lol

I think no matter who you talk to everyone will say the same, when it starts to look more real (moving to the other side of the world and starting a new part of your life it then hit hard....):sad: and thats when the people close to you start to understand it is going to happen...

Yes there is alot to be done when you come here but it does all fall into place, (trust me) the wine helps.....lol:laugh:

The goodbyes at the airport was a nightmare.......... we had been staying with Marks folks for 6 months before we came out here, and they toke us to the airport...... it was hell and very very hard, tears do flow......Marks mum was a nightmare (Marks dad doesnot cry but he did that day, and it just seem like anything was such a mess that day... and still to this day i think we should have stay the night before in a hotel (then we could have both had a good night sleep before coming over, but thats just my thoughts..) Its never easy saying goodbyes to good friends and family and loved ones. I do understand what you are saying and being on a plane with children is never easy let alone for 24 hours.....

Deep breaths.... there will be lots of them over the next few weeks........:wacko:

Not a problem make sure you have (what ever is your fav drink) stocked up....lol

As i said anything i can help with will do my best.

How many weeks has Justin got at work? started planning your leaving dos?

Michelle.:jiggy:

Guest the freemans
Hello Gill:jiggy:

The weather here has been a bit strange....... last night it was strong winds and todays has had some winds, but not too bad, keeping saying its like a good day in the uk...lol

I think no matter who you talk to everyone will say the same, when it starts to look more real (moving to the other side of the world and starting a new part of your life it then hit hard....):sad: and thats when the people close to you start to understand it is going to happen...

Yes there is alot to be done when you come here but it does all fall into place, (trust me) the wine helps.....lol:laugh:

The goodbyes at the airport was a nightmare.......... we had been staying with Marks folks for 6 months before we came out here, and they toke us to the airport...... it was hell and very very hard, tears do flow......Marks mum was a nightmare (Marks dad doesnot cry but he did that day, and it just seem like anything was such a mess that day... and still to this day i think we should have stay the night before in a hotel (then we could have both had a good night sleep before coming over, but thats just my thoughts..) Its never easy saying goodbyes to good friends and family and loved ones. I do understand what you are saying and being on a plane with children is never easy let alone for 24 hours.....

Deep breaths.... there will be lots of them over the next few weeks........:wacko:

Not a problem make sure you have (what ever is your fav drink) stocked up....lol

As i said anything i can help with will do my best.

How many weeks has Justin got at work? started planning your leaving dos?

Michelle.:jiggy:

Hi Michelle

:laugh: at the wine! Too right..you sure we've never met before? :laugh:

Thanks for your airport story, it seems to confirm what me and Justin imagine and don't want to happen

Not sure how long Justin's got. I'm looking to finish in the next 3-4 weeks and then take the kids up to my Mum's house up north for a bit to see my family. My Mum is already getting upset about the fact that it's (fingers crossed, going to happen in the near future)

We're going to have an evening at a local pub where everyone we know can come along and have a laugh (and probably some tears as well) a few days before we leave.

Would rather do it all in one go rather than lots of small get togethers. And then hopefully we can leave with minimum fuss and have all of us look forward to a new adventure down under with little upset :unsure:

Got to get the house finalised and then we'll be good to get the shipping on it's way.

Looking forward to some time with the kids, don't get enough of it and think they'll need lots of re-assurance when this happens.

Off for a glass of wine, or two....

Speak soon

Gill

Guest markandmichelle
Hi Michelle

:laugh: at the wine! Too right..you sure we've never met before? :laugh:

Thanks for your airport story, it seems to confirm what me and Justin imagine and don't want to happen

Not sure how long Justin's got. I'm looking to finish in the next 3-4 weeks and then take the kids up to my Mum's house up north for a bit to see my family. My Mum is already getting upset about the fact that it's (fingers crossed, going to happen in the near future)

We're going to have an evening at a local pub where everyone we know can come along and have a laugh (and probably some tears as well) a few days before we leave.

Would rather do it all in one go rather than lots of small get togethers. And then hopefully we can leave with minimum fuss and have all of us look forward to a new adventure down under with little upset :unsure:

Got to get the house finalised and then we'll be good to get the shipping on it's way.

Looking forward to some time with the kids, don't get enough of it and think they'll need lots of re-assurance when this happens.

Off for a glass of wine, or two....

Speak soon

Gill

Hi Gill :cool:

Lol about meeting before...........:laugh: wine always helps..........

As i said thats how we found it, not a good way i felt, and know it was hard on Mark and his folks, (i just did the phone calls and text at the airport and the meeting up before it, i felt mine was better but each person is different)

Where about up North you going? bet the children are looking forward to going?

So you leaving the other half at home?

Best way having a get together with everyone you can, (just make sure you have lots of tissues and lots of booze:jiggy: lol)

Thats what we said its a once in a lifetime chance (donot get me wrong i have had some days where i was unshore but it like anything in life have to give it a good go)

The weeks will seem to be taking for ever.............. and then before you know it the time is there to get on the plane and start a new adventure (new part of your life) and then you are like...... :arghh:

Well hope you enjoyed your wine? going to have a few glasses tomorrow night as got a house full of people coming for dinner. How about you guys any plans for the weekend?

Take care and hope you have a good weekend (and enjoy your wine :laugh: )

Michelle.

Guest the freemans
Hi Gill :cool:

Lol about meeting before...........:laugh: wine always helps..........

As i said thats how we found it, not a good way i felt, and know it was hard on Mark and his folks, (i just did the phone calls and text at the airport and the meeting up before it, i felt mine was better but each person is different)

Where about up North you going? bet the children are looking forward to going?

So you leaving the other half at home?

Best way having a get together with everyone you can, (just make sure you have lots of tissues and lots of booze:jiggy: lol)

Thats what we said its a once in a lifetime chance (donot get me wrong i have had some days where i was unshore but it like anything in life have to give it a good go)

The weeks will seem to be taking for ever.............. and then before you know it the time is there to get on the plane and start a new adventure (new part of your life) and then you are like...... :arghh:

Well hope you enjoyed your wine? going to have a few glasses tomorrow night as got a house full of people coming for dinner. How about you guys any plans for the weekend?

Take care and hope you have a good weekend (and enjoy your wine :laugh: )

Michelle.

Hi Michelle

Sorry for the delay in repyling.

Hope you had a good dinner Friday :biggrin:

Busy times over here......and then we watched the Grand Prix on Sunday....what a waste of time that was...:SLEEP:

Well I'm taking the kids up near Newcastle in August to see my Mum and family for the month and hopefully Justin won't be too far behind. Going to see Justin's family before we leave, when, well we've got to sort that out when we've exchanged on the house...next 3 weeks hopefully.

Got 2 cats to re-home as well....not looking forward to that much either....we've got a local cat charity who will foster them unless we find then a good home before everything is finalised here. Not looking forward to that...we've had them for 13 years now...part of the family...

Everything seems to be taking so long to happen....I'm sure that you know what that feels like.....wish it would just be over...not how it works I know.

I'm sure that when I'm sitting alone when Justin is at work and the kids are at school, I'll feel a bit lonely and get a bit sorry for myself, but I'm not coming over to be a passenger in all this. I know that this is the right thing for all of us and

will do what it takes for it to work.

The airport thing is now sorted...we're not having anyone there...as we wanted...not what we want to be our lasting memory of the UK.

Looking forward to the next chapter....:biggrin:

Speak soon

Gill

Guest markandmichelle

Hi Jill

All good this way thanks for asking. how about yourselfs?

Xmas dinner was sat was great :biggrin: bit of a sore head sun morning.......:cool: but worth it....lol

LOL about the grand prix...... bless bet you canot wait to be here for the F1 next year?

So its all go your way now.........:arghh: the time will just fly by, (even if it seems like time is going slow.............:SLEEP:) when you look back you will be just like where did the weeks and days go.........:goofy:

Bet both sets of familys canot wait to have you all over to spoil you rotten.... (and i know its going to be a very hard time for all of you......:cry: )

Two cats and for that long........ will be hard for you all... like part of the family is gone.... (know its not the same i lefted a rabbit behind when we came over here he was about 12 years old......:cry:) hope you find them a good home, never an easy thing to do....

Yes remember that feeling of thinking everything taking sooooooo long and just wished it would hurry up....... felt like my head was all over the place and not really anywhere.....:wacko: but trust me when you do look back you will be surprise how quick it all does happen..... know it doesnot seem like it now....

I understand what you are saying about knowing its the right thing to do, there will be down days (trust me) but even with the down days we say its the best thing we have ever did, and would do it all over again...... (Always got a coffee or glass of wine on offer...lol):biglaugh:

I understand what you mean about the airport thing and wish that was the way we had gone......

The next chapter is always better than the last......:yes: even with the stress......

Well hope you guys have a great weekend.

Take care Michelle:wubclub:

Guest the freemans
Hi Jill

All good this way thanks for asking. how about yourselfs?

Xmas dinner was sat was great :biggrin: bit of a sore head sun morning.......:cool: but worth it....lol

LOL about the grand prix...... bless bet you canot wait to be here for the F1 next year?

So its all go your way now.........:arghh: the time will just fly by, (even if it seems like time is going slow.............:SLEEP:) when you look back you will be just like where did the weeks and days go.........:goofy:

Bet both sets of familys canot wait to have you all over to spoil you rotten.... (and i know its going to be a very hard time for all of you......:cry: )

Two cats and for that long........ will be hard for you all... like part of the family is gone.... (know its not the same i lefted a rabbit behind when we came over here he was about 12 years old......:cry:) hope you find them a good home, never an easy thing to do....

Yes remember that feeling of thinking everything taking sooooooo long and just wished it would hurry up....... felt like my head was all over the place and not really anywhere.....:wacko: but trust me when you do look back you will be surprise how quick it all does happen..... know it doesnot seem like it now....

I understand what you are saying about knowing its the right thing to do, there will be down days (trust me) but even with the down days we say its the best thing we have ever did, and would do it all over again...... (Always got a coffee or glass of wine on offer...lol):biglaugh:

I understand what you mean about the airport thing and wish that was the way we had gone......

The next chapter is always better than the last......:yes: even with the stress......

Well hope you guys have a great weekend.

Take care Michelle:wubclub:

Hi Michelle

Hope you both had a good weekend.

Kids have a better social life than we do...running daughter around to parties and buying presents.

Lol about the sore head.....sign of a good night!

Handed my notice in last week....that went down like a lead balloon :biglaugh:

Can't wait to see my family..last time we saw them was Christmas. I know that they've got a couple of get togethers sorted whilst we're up there. That should be interesting.

Can't wait for the F1 next year. Remember having a conversation back in March when we watched it on the telly and saying 'we could be there next year!).

Jenson Button....:swoon:Yes please!

I think once the house has completed and our stuff has shipped, the excitement will really kick in. Looking forward to booking flights and sorting the final bits and peices out.

And, get the next few months off too.:cool:

Speak soon

Gill

Guest twiddledee
Hi,

Thanks for your advise. Can I ask how long did you stay with Woods in all and how has everything been since you left ?

I started this thread nearly 2 yrs ago now as we had been offered a job with Woods, we haven't started the process yet for personal reasons.

Lynne

Amazing,what a muted response to the advise given.Many months ago,when you guys were advised (warned?) about woods my posts were either removed or lambasted.

Its time for you to head off to oz and experience woods for yourself,and then you will have a qualified opinion.

Amazing,what a muted response to the advise given.Many months ago,when you guys were advised (warned?) about woods my posts were either removed or lambasted.

Its time for you to head off to oz and experience woods for yourself,and then you will have a qualified opinion.

Explain exactly what you mean by " muted respond", I don't think you have any right to make such person attacks on people.

Just because it didn't work for you don't make it your mission to put others down for wanting to try it.

If I wanted to try it that is up to me , please do not make it a personal argument with anyone they employ, your problem is woods NOT us.

Guest The Pom Queen
Many months ago,when you guys were advised (warned?) about woods my posts were either removed or lambasted.

As admin I have looked in to your allegations and you have only ever made 3 posts none of which have been removed. The only other thing I can think is if you signed up under a different alias and you are getting confused between accounts.

Guest markandmichelle

Well we have been here for over a year now and my o/h has worked with Woods for that time..... i think the thing is you say about a muted response.... who is that???? i think like anyone if you do your homework and know what you are coming to... (which i take you did all this???) it like many things, maybe not the same as the uk, and maybe a bit backwards, and maybe some of the people who work for Woods knew how to do they job instead of moaning and giving it all the mouth, its easy shut up or leave!!!!!!!!! simple as. We have had the pleasure of meeting some nice people (and some twats) but like anything you take the good with the bad, Yes maybe things would be different if maybe people stop moaning and did they homework, and put up with that no matter where you work in the work, this is not the uk, and things donot work like the uk, and how some people get the job i donot understand....

Michelle

Guest markandmichelle
Explain exactly what you mean by " muted respond", I don't think you have any right to make such person attacks on people.

Just because it didn't work for you don't make it your mission to put others down for wanting to try it.

If I wanted to try it that is up to me , please do not make it a personal argument with anyone they employ, your problem is woods NOT us.

Well said Lynne,

Thats the thing and problem with some people donot do they homework and then hide behind something and give it all the mouth..... i think this person just likes to have a personal attacks on anyone, the thing is is it just because they thought they was all that and found out they was not all that????? maybe they should have done they homework abit better.......

Like anything n life what one person enjoys another will not.... not everyone is the same, but then again why sit there and wonder in 10 years what if??? just because one person has a argument with Woods. like anywhere you work there is good and bad things.

hpe all is going well for you all?

Michelle

Guest markandmichelle

Hello Gill

Yes had a wonderful weekend and another one just around the corner......:biggrin:

Hope you guys had a good weekend and a good week?

Thats the thing children having more of a social life than you..... bless so lots of running around then.....

LOL thats what i say about a sore head sign of a good night.....:cool: maybe another coming up this sunday morning... as got friends over sat night.......:laugh:

I know how that feels about handing notice in and lead ballon bit.......:arghh:

So you be having a few sore heads coming up then........:wub:

So be looking forward to seeing the F1 next march (if just to try and see Jenson Button...lol)

I think it the same with anyone you talk to once your stuff gets shipped and you book the flights everything else just flys by!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Always nice to have some time off as well.......I think with us it ddnot really kick in till we both finished work.... we both worked a week before coming here...... that seems to take forever.....lol

Well hope you guys have a wonderfull weekend.

Take care and talk soon. Michelle:biggrin:

Archived