Woods interviews

lynne1266

Lynne & Michelle, I find your replies against Tweedledee sanctimonious & patronizing. Lynne your still in the Uk & no nothing about living & working here!! Michelle your the only voice of over 200 english woods employe.Funny isn't that so many people put post on when they are in the UK but after arriving where are they all now?????Everyone does do their research about living & working here, but no matter how much you do, it us still a shock to adjust. This is a forum where people can share postive & negative stories, everyone should be able to express their views good or bad about their life in Australia.I welcome the opportunity for honest & constructive opions. No-one is trying to put anyone off from coming here, or spoil there dreams.

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lynne & Michelle, I find your replies against Tweedledee sanctimonious & patronising. Lynne your still in the Uk & no nothing about living & working here!! Michelle your the only voice of over 200 english woods employe.Funny isn't that so many people put post on when they are in the UK but after arriving where are they all now?????Everyone does do their research about living & working here, but no matter how much you do, it us still a shock to adjust. This is a forum where people can share postive & negative stories, everyone should be able to express their views good or bad about their life in Australia.I welcome the opportunity for honest & constructive opions. No-one is trying to put anyone off from coming here, or spoil there dreams.

I fail to see how my reply was "sanctimonious & patronising" and why you feel the need to be rude to people purely because they don't have the same view as yourself.

You are right I am still in the UK and I don't know what it's like there yet but nor do a lot of people when they move. I am willing to try it and if I don't like it I'll come back to the UK, nothing ventured nothing gained.

It's our choice to try it and I agree it's not going to right for everyone but that's something I am going to have to find out for myself.

I fail to see how my reply was "sanctimonious & patronising" and why you feel the need to be rude to people purely because they don't have the same view as yourself.

You are right I am still in the UK and I don't know what it's like there yet but nor do a lot of people when they move. I am willing to try it and if I don't like it I'll come back to the UK, nothing ventured nothing gained.

It's our choice to try it and I agree it's not going to right for everyone but that's something I am going to have to find out for myself.

patronizing

I was not being rude, just making a point,that whenever anyone puts a negative response on, THE LYNCH MOB come out in force!! Everyone should have the chance to express their views good & bad without the knifes coming out!!!. I feel like that you're being rude to people that don't share your views.

Guest The Pom Queen

You will find that Tweedledee didn't help themselves by stating posts were being deleted which is incorrect. I don't see anything wrong with the replies from Lynne or Michelle.

However, I must remind you of forum rules, especially not insulting other members. I don't care if people love Woods or hate them, but I do care about threads turning in to point scoring and cat fights.

Now if this continues I will look at handing out official warnings.

Kate

Lynne & Michelle, I find your replies against Tweedledee sanctimonious & patronizing. Lynne your still in the Uk & no nothing about living & working here!! Michelle your the only voice of over 200 english woods employe.Funny isn't that so many people put post on when they are in the UK but after arriving where are they all now?????Everyone does do their research about living & working here, but no matter how much you do, it us still a shock to adjust. This is a forum where people can share postive & negative stories, everyone should be able to express their views good or bad about their life in Australia.I welcome the opportunity for honest & constructive opions. No-one is trying to put anyone off from coming here, or spoil there dreams.

Guest markandmichelle

You are right Whatsitsallabout everyone does have the right to say how they have found things, and to put they point of view across, but i donot feel it is of much help, i think if like anyone else who is on here, people like to have people to talk to about the good and the bad with anything, and if you donot like things there is always the chance of going back to the uk, but i also feel you should not patronising to other people, i do have the feeling that maybe you are both the same person, and i am sorry to hear you find things hard (as in money and buying things.) but its like anywhere you are you donot walk in and buy the first thing you come across. There is no lynch mob as you say, you only ever say about what problems you have, do you not enjoy your life here? like anything in life we are different because we donot have children, and both work, our lifestyle here we would not change.

you are both the same person, and i am sorry to hear you find things hard (as in money and buying things.)

No we are not the same person!! We love it here in fact we are so gratefull to woods for giving us the chance to live here. After gaining PR OH has left woods & is earning treble so life is very very different to when we 1st arrived so thanks for your concern!

No we are not the same person!! We love it here in fact we are so gratefull to woods for giving us the chance to live here. After gaining PR OH has left woods & is earning treble so life is very very different to when we 1st arrived so thanks for your concern!

I'm glad it's all worked out really well for you. I'm not sure why are you having a dig at everyone else that's trying to do the same ??

Woods have served a purpose as I'm sure they will for a lot of people. Good luck for the future and I hope you continue to enjoy your new life there.

I'm glad it's all worked out really well for you. I'm not sure why are you having a dig at everyone else that's trying to do the same ??

Wasn't having a dig at anyone, just wanted people to realise that it is very hard for the 1st couple of years & lots of people we have met have had hard times! & tweedlee is entitled to his opinion too! As I said before never said to anyone not to come just prepare yourself . I felt that whenever any negative was wrote on here, everyone was quick to get the knives out! Good luck with your journey:biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sharon and gaz

Really appreciate your post as having now been here for just over 4 weeks and living with 2 kids costs involved with schools, food etc are fairly expensive!! I suppose it depends on your lifestyle but we certrainly didn't move to the other side of the world to start shopping in discount stores. I start work tomorrow and will be earning quite a bit more than my husband is earning at woods at home we earned abou the same, can honestly say and this is my opinion that we probably couldn't survive here on one salary on a 457 visa, childcare costs are expensive and remember that your not entitled to any help with childcare costs or entitled to family benefit. We brought all our household goods with us too! So only glad that I have my post to start I think it's different for people starting off here when you have schoolage children uniforms and books alone cost nearly $700, and thats before fees. We came with a moderate amount of savings too. Its important to plan for this and I did research costs quite extensively. Good luck to everyone planning to come over.

At last someone who can understand about life here! Its good to hear from other families about the cost of living. It is hard on one salary when you have a family to feed, like you we didn't want to have to shop in discount shops unfortunately we had no option!! but things are different now. Thats great for you, about starting work it will certainly help having 2 salaries coming in! Wish you luck in your new job. Really appreciate your post I thought I was the only one that found it expensive here!!

Guest markandmichelle

Hi Sharon and Gaz

Hope you are starting to get sorted out?

The thing is in all my post i can only say how we have found things and for a couple with no children we have found things good, its like anything in life people will find things different, we shop at Woolworths /Safeways we donot shop at Coles as we have found them to be very much over priced. its like most things it is different being on a 457 visa, but alot of people want a fast track of getting over here so just use Woods and then get they PR and then move on from Woods,

Good luck with your new job and hope the children are enjoying school?

All the best Michelle:-)

• 5 weeks later...
Guest the freemans

Well we've been homeless for the last month after our house finally completed, our household stuff still hasn't left the UK, we've got nowhere to live yet when we arrive, got less than 3 weeks before we arrive but we're still smiling :biggrin: and really excited about what's ahead.

Can't wait to come over.

Gill & Justin

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I have been reading over this the last couple of nights, I'm a spraypainter currently in Glasgow. Me and my partener Tracy have been wanting to move for about 4 years now, we have a litte man called harry who is 16mth. I have an interview in edinburgh with Christine from A.T.C on the 9th October for a job with woods, Christine called the other day to confirm I will attend. It is just to see if anyone else has interviews this year also? It would be great if I get the job as we are hoping to move early 2012!

Thanks

Guest The Pom Queen
Hi everyone,

I have been reading over this the last couple of nights, I'm a spraypainter currently in Glasgow. Me and my partener Tracy have been wanting to move for about 4 years now, we have a litte man called harry who is 16mth. I have an interview in edinburgh with Christine from A.T.C on the 9th October for a job with woods, Christine called the other day to confirm I will attend. It is just to see if anyone else has interviews this year also? It would be great if I get the job as we are hoping to move early 2012!

Thanks

Hi Rikki

Welcome to the forum, there are a number of members who have gone with Woods on here so hopefully they can let you know if anyone else is new to the process.

Good luck with the interview

Kate

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Rocketdog
Hi everyone,

Thanks

Hi Rikki,

Myself and my partner had an interview in Dublin in september, we got offered the job and hope to move around this time next year!! We have a little boy who is 4years and OH is a panel beater, How did your interview go? :smile:

Gemma

Hi gemma,

Thats great, where about are you thinking of moving to? Interview went great and got offered the job then and there. Hoping to move around march next year. Not sure where about tho! :unsure:

Thanks, Rikki.

Well what a big waste of time that was. My OH didn't get the job with Woods and in the feedback Tony, the HR manager, gave was that they were looking for some-one who could do bigger jobs than SMART repair. Even though the CV actually stated this is what he does......so disappointed. We were basically rushed through the interview, which I think it was because they were tired, we were the last interviews of the trip (they even said that)!

Well we are now going to try the normal way.....skilled visa here we come.

Well what a big waste of time that was. My OH didn't get the job with Woods and in the feedback Tony, the HR manager, gave was that they were looking for some-one who could do bigger jobs than SMART repair. Even though the CV actually stated this is what he does......so disappointed. We were basically rushed through the interview, which I think it was because they were tired, we were the last interviews of the trip (they even said that)!

Well we are now going to try the normal way.....skilled visa here we come.

Take a look at a company called Capital S.M.A.R.T the also employ on a 457 and they have branches in every state.

Lynne x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Rocketdog
Hi gemma,

Thats great, where about are you thinking of moving to? Interview went great and got offered the job then and there. Hoping to move around march next year. Not sure where about tho! :unsure:

Thanks, Rikki.

Sorry about delay in replying Rikki, well Ive began to look around for houses and schools..its really the school which will make our decision as our little boy will be starting jan 2013 over there and seen as we planning to move for next oct/nov we dont have much time to try get him into a school when we get there!! Did u get the email with the suggested areas to look at?..Ive looked at those areas recommended and yeah it seems ok and within our budget but Im a little worried as the contract says OH can be moved around garages as the first one may not be the permanent one? I have noticed some differences between what we were originally told regarding the relocation package and what it states in the contract..this worries me! Have you returned your contract yet? We wont be starting our visa till after april as we have some loose ends to tie up here first, would love to be gone tomorrow :cool:

• 7 months later...
Guest azzieb26

hello just thought I would give a update to this thread as I know a lot of people are coming to Australia through woods as painters or panel beaters. Many of the reviews and thoughts of people are quite old and wont give you an idea of how the company is now.

If anybody wanting info on woods then give me a pm and i would be happy to help, I only lasted 6 months there as it wasn't how they told me back in UK.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest josh2

Hi, I have organised an ionterview with Woods for Sept. Just trying to gather as much info as possible on them. Also wondering what suburbs anyone would recommend in Melbourne, we have 2 small children so schools would be important.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi all, my OH had applied for an interview in sept, they are coming to Ireland for them. Has any one any advice on the move with ATC and woods, like exactly what's involved in the relocation package!? Thanks to all in advance! :)

Archived