Hubby and I have come to a decision with UK a three year plan !!

Wishful

We have decided ( together) that we will have an emergency fund for other stuff and an england account that allows us to go back at least once a year

For my mental health as long as we don't go into debt for the holidays and we have money in emergency fund then we are OK with been broke

I have tried and tried to find a solution but for now there is not one so all I can commit to is three years kids will be 12 and 14 then when we go to Uk for three months and who knows!

It would be so much easier if I didnot have to work as keeping committed to a job is really hard when your heart is not here but in order to go each year it is my wage that will do that...........

Past 2012 im hoping to buy a static caravan when we are over in 2012 and so I will have a permanent abode which I htink may help.....

Not bothered what people think anymore and I dont mean that in a mean way just that I have to do what I have to do and what is best for my kids is to have me here and not in a mental institution suffering a breakdown.......

Thats all

Thanks for listening :chatterbox:

xx

Good on ya for being decisive - it sounds like a good plan. Just see work as a means to an end. I don't think anyone will be offended with you saying you don't care what anyone thinks anymore, to be honest you could ask 100 people and get 100 bits of different advice ..... You deciding what's best for You is always the one which will be most effective. I'm glad that you've found some solution that will make this waiting a little easier for you. Just think of work as your UK fund - it'll make it more bareable

Ali

Good on ya for being decisive - it sounds like a good plan. Just see work as a means to an end. I don't think anyone will be offended with you saying you don't care what anyone thinks anymore, to be honest you could ask 100 people and get 100 bits of different advice ..... You deciding what's best for You is always the one which will be most effective. I'm glad that you've found some solution that will make this waiting a little easier for you. Just think of work as your UK fund - it'll make it more bareable

Ali

Thanks Ali ....yes I think thats what I will do !!

Guest proud2beaussie

I agree with ali,you have made a decision that you think will benefit you in the long run,that can only be positive for your health and sense of well being,also you may find that when you have something to look forward to such as a regular trip home then you might actually start to feel a little bit more comfortable and relaxed in Australia which will mean less stress for you and your family.

I congratulate you ,you have taken a big leap in improving your outlook which is a very forward looking,positive step.

Good luck.

Well done, you!

Absolutely, having a plan and a goal to get where you want to be is key to success I think! Like you, my sanity needs at least a yearly hit and if the DH has to go out to work to support my vice then so be it!! I know one family who virtually lived on beans on toast so they could fund their holidays - not quite my style but it could be worse:biglaugh:

It is easier doing stuff you dont really like - ie a job!- if it gives you the means to an end. If I were desperate I think I would even look for a couple of jobs but fitting them in can be a tad tricky.

You are so right, your mental health is the best thing you can do for your kids!

Archived