UK Nurses require IELTS from 01 July

Welshtone

Hi thanks for the info/...

can i ask is this the same in Qld, as i will be applying to for reg. in Qld but wisll not qualify till september so we cannot do anything till then. (going on OH visa he is a carpenter)

thanks cheryl xx

It will not matter what QLD need as you are going to be applying to the ANMC after 1st July 2009 and therefore will need an IELTS.You wont be able to apply for ANMC till you have practiced for three months.

JOHN

Guest Lyndhurst
It will not matter what QLD need as you are going to be applying to the ANMC after 1st July 2009 and therefore will need an IELTS.You wont be able to apply for ANMC till you have practiced for three months.

JOHN

why will i need to apply to ANMC. i will be going to Australia on OH visa as he is a carpenter and the visa is already in. when i have been qualified for 3 months i will hopefully be in Oz waiting for my Qld reg. to come through so i can practice. i thought ANMC was only the body for assessing skills for the visa :arghh:

Cheryl :wub:

Guest Lyndhurst
The information on the Queensland Nursing Council website is currently:

Will I need to do an English language test?

You will not need to do an English language test if you completed your nursing/midwifery education in the United Kingdom, United States of America, New Zealand or Ireland.

If you completed your nursing/midwifery education in a country other than the United Kingdom, United States of America, New Zealand or Ireland and have not worked in an English speaking environment, you will need to do an English language test.

If you completed your nursing/midwifery education in South Africa, you will need to provide evidence your course was conducted in English and you have practised in an English speaking environment for a minimum of twelve months in the last five years.

If you completed your nursing/midwifery education in Canada, you will need to provide evidence your initial nursing education was completed in Canada, that you gained registration in Canada through examination and that the examination was in English.

It may be worth contacting to verify this

thanks Ali

this is the only info i could find too... will sent them an email soon i think

cheryl:rolleyes:

I apologise if this is answerd above but want to clarify my position. If i apply now to the ANMC and get on the register but dont go out until Aug/Sept 2011 when planning. as it is over the 2 years will or will i not have to take the test on renewal??? as if i still have to take the test i may as well save my money and just do it later. my apologies for sounding dumb but i do find the whole process very confusin. I think i deff may need an agent!!!

Regards Lisa

why will i need to apply to ANMC. i will be going to Australia on OH visa as he is a carpenter and the visa is already in. when i have been qualified for 3 months i will hopefully be in Oz waiting for my Qld reg. to come through so i can practice. i thought ANMC was only the body for assessing skills for the visa

Cheryl :wub:

Apologies. my mistake. I have just noticed it on your signature. I would be interested in what QLD say though please?:wink:

JOHN

Hi Lisa

If you apply to ANMC prior to 01 July, you need no IELTS but this is not a registration procedure. You should consider also applying for registration to one of the nursing boards that still exempt UK nationals from IELTS. You can then use that previous registration to exempt you from IELTS requirements of the State you intend to move to in a couple of years time.

Regards

Hi All,

On the AMC website (page address below) there is a large section regarding "waiver of english language proficiency test". This basically reports if you trained in the UK you will be exempt OR if you have worked full time in the UK for 12 months, you will also be exempt.

Hope this helps,

Australian Nursing and Midwifery Council - Assessment Criteria

Hi Shonz,

I v'e just registered with WA nursing board and I didn't have to sit the test. I've checked their web site and there is no mention of this being a requirement after July. NSW are now asking for it and I've read that it is probable that other states will follow suit but not definite. If I were you I would just register now just in-case! It only took 6 weeks to get mine through and the ANMC will pass on your file so that you don't have to get all of your docs certified again. I sat the general IELTS for the extra visa points and although it's not difficult, you can do without the extra cost and time it takes. Full 3 hours solid in exam conditions!!

Lesley.

The academic for registering with a professional body is not so easy even if english is your first language be prepared for those that may be required to sit for it.

Guest guest17301

Hi all, can anyone tell me how much the ANMC skills assessment costs..and do I need one for a 175 application? I am currently living in Perth on a 457 and have WA registration. Thanks..

• 4 months later...

Archived