anyone in here emmigrating from rep of ireland???

Guest shirley v

Guest nikki6999
Hi nice to see there are others, I'm Grace from Shannon Co.clare, my husband and i applied for our visa last sep 08 we should have it though any day soon fingers crossed. I lived in Sydney for a year and loved it, my other half has never been.

Hi Grace, just a quick hello, We have just moved from County Clare, Kilrush to Brisbane, I am Aussie, my hubby and kids Irish, I was in Clare for 8 years.

We fortunately didnt have to worry with the visa's, it was pretty straight forward

after we had been married for several years. I left in July 08 and hubby came here in

Nov 08, so we just missed all the financial crisis over in Ireland. Things dont appear to be as bad in Aus that way. Good luck to you all.... I dont have enough fingers and toes to count how many times I have been to Shannon, (airport in particular)

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone, Another paddy here from Mayo. We have 2 children aged 5 and 20 months and a bump and are at the skills assessment. Hubbie a cabinetmaker but no formal qualification so working our way through getting an auzzie qual.

We lived in Perth 10 years ago for 3 years so we know what to expect and want to return to Perth with our kids this time. We have had enough of Ireland with all these cuts and tax hikes on top of pay cuts!!!

My husband is still working but from week to week and I cant work as Im 26 weeks pregnant.

I have always pined away for Perth for the last 10 years so its time to get back there.

There are alot of irish in Oz, so no problem making friends. I had a mixture of friends from Irish, Scottish, English and Ozzies. I find the ozzies very friendly and straight talking. We still have friends there, and they are offering to help us settle back!!! One even came to Ireland for our wedding.

Heres to Perth in 2010. They say life begins at 40!!!

Caz, Padraig, Melissa (aged 5) Jake (20 months) and bump (arriving July)

Guest brandyslad

Hey everyone,

we head out on the 20th May, I am from Fermanagh and my OH is from Tyrone, we both now live in Tyrone, well only a stone's throw from Fermanagh really. We are heading to Adelaide on a 475 visa.

Guest irish ozie gang

Hi,

We live in Co Cork - hubby irish, me - ozzie! Just waiting for the spouse visa to be approved before we ditch the wellies and head to oz for a bit of sunshine!

Good luck to all applying - hang in there.:cool:....

Hello ,to Irish members emigrating have read your posts.i live in melbourne with hubby ,16yr teenager and 9yr old twins.I am speechless since i read in paper that nurses board of NSW HAS brought in English language test for Applicants.I have emailed paper and wrote to board to complain.It,not paradise,or laid back but the weathers tops.

Hi Gary,

We are from Dublin also, applying for NSW SS and hoping to get to OZ sometime next year.

Were are ye off to? Would be nice to know a few people before we get there.

where are you with the process?

regards

Karl

Guest Samfire

Hello everybody! Hubby and I are both living in East Clare. We have two sons, Mark 12 and Alex 4. Hubby is a printer by trade and has a permanent job secured in Canberra. Started the process back in Sept '08 - TRA approved and SS granted. Just submitted our 176 online on 1st May. Can't wait to get to Canberra!!!! I like being Irish, but don't really care if I ever see the emerald isle again once I'm outta here!!!

I'm really sick to death of our crooked government tactics. They pissed our money away when the country was awash with it, and lined their pockets. Now that we've had this downturn, they're making us pay at every turn yet again! Hubby's out of work and so am I. We're putting the house on the market this week! At least we're meant to be, but our auctioneer is waiting for a sunny day to take pictures of the house!!! Ain't that a joke!!! Might as well wait for pigs to fly!

We used an agent - costly and had a couple of hiccups along the way, but overall, I think we're probably glad in the end that we went that route. Best of luck to all of you heading to OZ and please God we'll all have the Luck of the Irish!

Cheers!

Hello everybody! Hubby and I are both living in East Clare. We have two sons, Mark 12 and Alex 4. Hubby is a printer by trade and has a permanent job secured in Canberra. Started the process back in Sept '08 - TRA approved and SS granted. Just submitted our 176 online on 1st May. Can't wait to get to Canberra!!!! I like being Irish, but don't really care if I ever see the emerald isle again once I'm outta here!!!

I'm really sick to death of our crooked government tactics. They pissed our money away when the country was awash with it, and lined their pockets. Now that we've had this downturn, they're making us pay at every turn yet again! Hubby's out of work and so am I. We're putting the house on the market this week! At least we're meant to be, but our auctioneer is waiting for a sunny day to take pictures of the house!!! Ain't that a joke!!! Might as well wait for pigs to fly!

We used an agent - costly and had a couple of hiccups along the way, but overall, I think we're probably glad in the end that we went that route. Best of luck to all of you heading to OZ and please God we'll all have the Luck of the Irish!

Cheers!

Hi Samfire,

i agree with you totally....the rain, the government the lot! I have always liked Ireland but now getting close to 40 I really would like to live a life in a different climate, lifestyle and culture.

We used an agent too, think it was worth it....well, I'll know soon!!!

regards

Karl

Guest caza75

hi all , i am from the north an was out in oz this year in jan for 6 weeks as we had to validate our visa:biggrin: OH is a plasterer an we stayed in the gold coast.. it was great i fell in love with it an my 20yr old daughter is still out there an we are hopefully goin back within the next 6 months:smile: we were in a place called Robina , it was about 20 mins from surfers paradise!!! beaches were beautiful around it an we had a brill time. i can feel for the ones that are goin through thr process as my visa took 10 months but we were lucky as we applied 2 years ago an things had not changed at thar stage for thr TRA.. BUT IT IS WORTH IT AN I CANT WAIT TO GET BACK OVER..

irish4ever.. did you happen to have a user name with 02 in it a few months back??? if so i was in touch with you an you were over in ireland for holiday in banbridge???? if it not you sorry !!

good luck to all that is still waitin for the golden ticket .. an well done to all that is LIVIN THE DREAM

chow caza

Guest nikki6999

Cheers!

Hi Samfire, Where abouts in East Clare are you?

We moved from Kilrush, west Clare to Brisbane, I am Aussie,

hubby is Irish. If you have anything to do with farming, you would prob know my

hubby Michael Brew, he is or should I say was, the county Hoof parer.

Good luck... Nikki

Hi Gary' date='

We are from Dublin also, applying for NSW SS and hoping to get to OZ sometime next year.

Were are ye off to? Would be nice to know a few people before we get there.

where are you with the process?

regards

Karl[/quote']

Hi Karl

weve gone for a 175 applied for it back in aug 08, was allocated a case officer in march who requested or meds and police checks then the changes happened with the csl.

Weve decided to stick to this route and wait untill july untill the diac start looking at them again.

Were going to brisbane, carnt wait to get there now.

were in Dublin are you from?

Im from firhouse

Hi Karl

weve gone for a 175 applied for it back in aug 08, was allocated a case officer in march who requested or meds and police checks then the changes happened with the csl.

Weve decided to stick to this route and wait untill july untill the diac start looking at them again.

Im from firhouse

Hi Gary,

That sounds promising that you have a CO etc....you must be one of the first in line for July.

Can I ask, where did you do your medicals and how much were they?

Im from Rathfarnham originally but living in Swords now...closer to airport for making our escape!!!!

It is a very anxious time with all the changes....our 176 SS application was submitted to NSW 2 days ago so am really hoping for a positive outcome and we can hurry and get the visa application into DIAC before something else changes!

I believe Brisbane is very nice, probably too hot for us. Our real preference was Melbourne but when the 176 NSW opportunity came up we said we'd go for it. I would rather be in Sydney thinking of Melbourne than in Ireland thinking of Australia!!

Cheers

Karl

Hi Gary,

That sounds promising that you have a CO etc....you must be one of the first in line for July.

Can I ask, where did you do your medicals and how much were they?

Im from Rathfarnham originally but living in Swords now...closer to airport for making our escape!!!!

It is a very anxious time with all the changes....our 176 SS application was submitted to NSW 2 days ago so am really hoping for a positive outcome and we can hurry and get the visa application into DIAC before something else changes!

I believe Brisbane is very nice, probably too hot for us. Our real preference was Melbourne but when the 176 NSW opportunity came up we said we'd go for it. I would rather be in Sydney thinking of Melbourne than in Ireland thinking of Australia!!

Cheers

Karl[/quote

Hi karl

I hope its soon in july and they dont decide to put it back any longer.

My house is currently being rented so I dont have to worry about that

We decided on brisbane as its more family orianted an as we have a young daughter this seemed ideal for us.

Im living in Liverpool now have been for a year,

We paid £120 for xrays for the two of us. and then £450 for medicals for the 3 of us.

I wouldent advise getting them done untill you are asked to though as you wouldent want to redo them

Hi Anna&family.It will all work out .I would recommend having 2wks off before you start new job.I got sick because i did not have time to recover from flight.Perth is really nice but pace is faster than you would expect regards marg

Guest shirley v

hi margaret,lucky you already there! it seems to be getting more and more difficult to get to oz there seems to be more hurdles to get through every day,this is just another hurdle im sure they will have something else tomorrow!!:arghh:

i have just came back from austaralia after 4 months living in mandurah just south of perth. i have been to all cities in oz and perth must be the best city to live in. the weather is great i hear that it is 28 today and that is there winter i am sitting here in grey damp ireland depressed. perth has loads of irish pubs, a well run gaa, an irish soccer team as well as a very good irish club

Guest Samfire
Hi Samfire, Where abouts in East Clare are you?

We moved from Kilrush, west Clare to Brisbane, I am Aussie,

hubby is Irish. If you have anything to do with farming, you would prob know my

hubby Michael Brew, he is or should I say was, the county Hoof parer.

Good luck... Nikki

Hi Nikki

We are based in Clonlara - very near Limerick city. We love it here - definitely the best/happiest place I've ever lived in Ireland, but I'll still be glad to trade it for a new life in OZ. I hear Brisbane is beautiful, but we have chosen Canberra in the ACT as our choice of cities. I absolutely LOVE horses, and was an avid rider for many years - don't do it anymore though, a bit expensive these days for me! I'm afraid I don't know your Hubby because I've never had the pleasure of owning my own horse, but he'd probably have sorted out a few hoofs and shod horses for Mary McCarthy in the Clarina Stables, Sue and Dan, Clonshire in Adare, Limerick and also for Davnet Kiernan-O'Brien in the Clonlara Equestrian Centre. These are the Stables that I would have frequented in the past. I'm hoping to take up horse-riding again when I get to OZ. Will need to get fit and lose a few lbs first though, or I might be looking at Elephant riding instead!!! :eek:

Cheers, all the best!

Guest cuba267
Hi Karl

Im from firhouse

Did you have any communication from your CO after the meds and pc's were requested? How come you think you're not going to be considered now?

I only ask coz we had a deadline (which we met) of 28th April for our pc's and and meds and haven't heard a dickybird since - but they reckon you dont hear anything for up to 28 days after this deadline.

Did you have any communication from your CO after the meds and pc's were requested? How come you think you're not going to be considered now?

I only ask coz we had a deadline (which we met) of 28th April for our pc's and and meds and haven't heard a dickybird since - but they reckon you dont hear anything for up to 28 days after this deadline.

We have gone for a 175 visa not a state sponser.

So ours will be completely different to yours.

we did our xrays but put our meds on hold untill july when tthe diac will start looking at 175 applicants again

Guest Off to the Sun

hi guys,

we are in the same boat at Julie & Gary, we applied for a 175 MODL in Aug last year, got a request from our agent (not co) to get our medicals done (over €500:err:) then got taken off the list for CSL - dp is a carpenter. So our choices at the moment are apply for ss which I really don't want to do or hang on and see if we have to fork out another 500 in Feb which is when ours run out. I'm so feckin mad with our agent. She then had the cheek to ask me for another €500 to fill in the state forms - which for Qld are abour 10 pages. Im not sure about ss because what if we turn up in Qld and there are no jobs but they are screaming for people in WA, I really don't want to put my family in that position. Its just so hard to know what to do. I'm thinking I might wait until Sept and if I have no visa by then apply for ss and see what happens.

I still have my house to sell but its just galling me the thought of repaying for the medicals :no:

Anyway rant over (sorry lads!!)

Archived