QLD State Sponsor - update - where are you now?

Taz2008

All being well with your visa applicaton, when are you hoping to move to Queensland?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. All being well with your visa applicaton, when are you hoping to move to Queensland?

• September 2009 or before
    • October 2009
    • November 2009
    • December 2009
    • January 2010
    • February 2010
    • March 2010
    • April 2010
    • May 2010
    • June 2010 or later

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Merry Christmas QLD peeps.

The bbq is ready so lets eat, drink and be merry.

Hope 2010 brings everyone there dream.

Best wishes

Matt

Guest Sandisonsonthemove

Hey peeps

Hope you have all had a very merry Christmas and Santa was good to you all :biggrin:

Countdown to the New Year now so just to wish you all a fabulous 2010 and here's hoping we all get some good news through the year.

Love

Donna xx:hug:

Wolla Bolla Bing Bong

Names:Matt

Visa Type: 176 SS

How far into process: Just received application approval letter today from QLD, 30th December 2009

Job: Carpenter/Joiner

Where ya heading? Brisbane or Gold Coast but undecided at the moment. Would love somewhere near the water and great outdoor activities. So any suggestions would be welcome.

I found this info on one of the other QLD threads today, so it appears Matt has received his SS for QLD by letter today. CONGRATULATIONS Matt, will update the front page with this info.

Wolla Bolla Bing Bong

How far into process: Just received application approval letter today from QLD, 30th December 2009

Where ya heading? Brisbane or Gold Coast but undecided at the moment. Would love somewhere near the water and great outdoor activities. So any suggestions would be welcome.

I found this info on one of the other QLD threads today, so it appears Matt has received his SS for QLD by letter today. CONGRATULATIONS Matt, will update the front page with this info.

Hi Taz2008

Its only the approval letter from QLD, now I have the long wait to hear back from DIAC and then its Meds and Police Checks. But its still good news since they are finally getting through the applications.

Matt

Wolla Bolla Bing Bong

Hi Taz2008

Its only the approval letter from QLD, now I have the long wait to hear back

from DIAC and then its Meds and Police Checks. But its still good news since they are finally getting through the applications.

Well done mate! You must be chuffed!! Taz we have just had email asking for proof of cash of at least 10,000 AUD! Will keep you posted on any other news. Happy new year everyone...

Guest Rachyj

Hi Everyone

I just wanted to wish everybody on this thread a Happy New year and I hope 2010 brings you all your visa grants-sooner rather than later:biggrin:

We have now booked our flights and short term accom and we are due to land into Brisbane on the 12th April-so excited but so much left to do! I cant believe I can now officially say 'we are emigrating this year!!!'....

Anyway, I really hope you all get some good news very soon-they keep changing the rules, so I hope it changes in your favour very soon!

Take care

Rachy x:hug:

What if one should change occupation after lodging for 176, what sort of effect if any would this have on the outcome of the visa, I can show DIAC i have worked at least 52 weeks out of last 104 weeks prior to my lodgement.

Proview

Hi Alan

I think that you might be ok but I really can't be sure!!! Why don't you start a new thread asking the question as I am sure others would be interested in the correct answer!!! I Know I would be!:cute:

Hope you have had a great Christmas and New Year!

Tasha x

Hello my QLD'er Peeps...

Just want to wish you all a very happy New Year for 2010!

I hope everyone gets their SS soon and can then move onto my other thread for Cat 5 Peeps!:biggrin:

Do any of you have any updates for me??? Its been rather quiet from QLD lately and was hoping this thread would start moving again!!!

Tasha x

Guest bindog1uk

Happy New Year to you too Tasha, have just had a reply from Matt cos he got his S.S. the begining of Dec, our application was about four weeks behind him, but we have to allow for Xmas break, so hoping to hear something soon. Also do you know what date crowdedhouse applied forS.S. cos they have just got theirs. Many thanks Lesley

Happy New Year to you too Tasha, have just had a reply from Matt cos he got his S.S. the begining of Dec, our application was about four weeks behind him, but we have to allow for Xmas break, so hoping to hear something soon. Also do you know what date crowdedhouse applied forS.S. cos they have just got theirs. Many thanks Lesley

Hi Lesley

I don't think you will be waiting much longer, hopefully you will hear this month, perhaps towards the end!

I don't think CROWDED HOUSE have got their SS yet. As far as I am aware they had an email requesting proof of funds on the 31/12/09 and are now waiting!

Don't worry, you will soon be next on the list!!! :wink:

All the best

Tasha x

Guest bindog1uk

Thanks Tasha, you asked about how cold it is hear in England, we live in Devon and I popped out in the car at 9pm the temp was -3 and dropping. Just can't wait to get to sunny Queensland, whats it like where you are. Lesley

Thanks Tasha, you asked about how cold it is hear in England, we live in Devon and I popped out in the car at 9pm the temp was -3 and dropping. Just can't wait to get to sunny Queensland, whats it like where you are. Lesley

Hi

I live in Rochdale, Lancs and it was -11 this morning, car was frozen on inside, schools closed and yep snowing again now...

ARHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Hi Lesley

Well I can say that it is now a freezing - 5 out side!!! Glad I have the wood burner blasting thats all I can say!

Tasha :cute:

Guest bindog1uk

Hi Waitinggame, we haven't had snow yet only across on Dartmoor a few miles away, but did have a six car pile up outside my house on Xmas eve cos of the black ice, nobody hurt though. Weather forcast has just said that we may get some rain tommorow, but very cold. Hope you have enough beers in if you can't get out. Lesley

Guest bindog1uk

Good Morning all, nothing from Queensland again, but it is snowing now here in Devon. Pauls friend who lives in Cullupton north Devon has just sent a message to say that he is snowed in and can't get to work today. It does'nt usually last very long down here, temprature usually warmer than the rest of the country. how is it with the rest of you today? Lesley

Good Morning all, nothing from Queensland again, but it is snowing now here in Devon. Pauls friend who lives in Cullupton north Devon has just sent a message to say that he is snowed in and can't get to work today. It does'nt usually last very long down here, temprature usually warmer than the rest of the country. how is it with the rest of you today? Lesley

Hi

Well its been snowing here again in the night..... my fella had to dig himself out to get to work this morning the problem is its just sheer ice underneath so just skidding everywhere. On saturday i had a little bump because of the blasting weather but quiet lucky the other guy just said your ok aand let me off nice car to, there was only a little scratch nice man.

Waiting to here if schools are open probably not !!

More expected again today, ITS NOT CHRISTMAS ANYMORE "SNOW GET LOST"

And still not gritters !!

Lindsey

Hi Waitinggame, we haven't had snow yet only across on Dartmoor a few miles away, but did have a six car pile up outside my house on Xmas eve cos of the black ice, nobody hurt though. Weather forcast has just said that we may get some rain tommorow, but very cold. Hope you have enough beers in if you can't get out. Lesley

Hi

In Oldham about 10mins drive theres hardly anything either.....its a joke...!!! Doing my head in. Your right about the ice i had a bump to but nothing major just kept on sliding into the car infront...swerved into the middle and just clipped him.

Am sure theres some booze somewhere in here !

Guest bindog1uk

Stopped snowing now, knew it wouldn't last, but I think it's coming back heavy Friday, we have to go to my next door neighbours funeral then, so think it will be quite a misserable day, always happens at Xmas!

The blimming weather!!! Frozen pipes now!!! The shower would not work this morning.

We went out for the day and when we got home this evening the pipe had burst and we have had the main water gushing through the floor all day!!! Water everywhere!

So can't turn the lights on as water in the electrics and have had to turn the water off!!! Bathroom flooded and lounge completely underwater!

Boo hoo... nice start to the new year hey!

The snow is due to arrive tomorrow! :mad:

Oh well, these things are sent to try us! :wub:

Archived