what a weekend!!! and no dramas

jackster

Well the deed has been done,dont think either suzanne or i expected the reactions we got off our parents, on telling them e are hoping to emigrate.

When i told my folks we had some news, my mum guessed straight away, mum and dad said they didnt blame us and to go for it.

suzanne was more worried about her mums rection because suzannes kids spend alot of time around there, when she broke the news, she couldnt believe it, they were so excited for us, and said she wished she could have had the nerve to do it when she were younger,

we also slipped in we are getting married:biggrin:

Glad it went okay. We've had similar experiences. I told my parents a couple of weeks back and wasnt as bad as I feared.

My wife's mum found a copy of the West Australian newspaper that a colleague had brought me back and put 2 and 2 together. Still she's coming round too. I think both parents are secretly looking forward to some long holidays !

So pleased that it went better than expected and congratulations on the forthcoming wedding.

I too have recently told my mum and was dreading the day, but I was in shock at the reaction I got, she understands our reasons for doing it and she is planning on coming over with my eldest daughter for visits. Just got to sell the house now and get the visa!!!!!!!

Debbie

xxx

Archived