Glad to be Home

Guest MONKEH

Bradford still has some lovely surroundings and buildings but unfortunately the place is having no money spent on it to beautify it like say Leeds has. In answer to the question "Did i feel i was still in England when i visited Bradford?" I did feel i was in England when i used to visit my Nana there (she died so no more visits) as it is multicultural and dirty just like most of the cities in England (and Australia). Its when you get out of the cities England becomes prettier imo.

Typical English ......

UK people are always blaming people and blaming 'things' in general. "oh there's too many dog turds... noone cleans up their dog poo" but when UK people see a dog poo on the street and the owner doesn't pick it up , then what do UK people do ? They don't do ANYTHING. They go home and complain about it.

Not sure whether it's fear or whether it's disinterest, but guys : When you see a dog owner letting his dog poo and he doesn't clear it up , GO UP TO HIM AND TELL HIM TO CLEAN HIS FRIGGING POO UP OR YOU'LL HAVE HIM EAT IT !... it's not that hard. If everyone behaved like this there would not be any dog poo anywhere.

But no, just stand on the sidelines and complain. Way to go Pommies !

Been there herein Pereth got my self a caution from plod the ausssie owner of the pooch got not a word , from plod not from me ,I just put it in his hand AND SAID MATE YOIUVE DROPPED SOMETHING

Good on ya for being honest!

In the OP defence.....Yorkshire is beautiful! I got my husband from there! LOL!

h`es from elsecar and used to frequent the market ( boozer) and prob the birdcage at hoyland or is he too young (lol)

Mally

Guest sooveroz
Hi John

The only shopping trolleys you'll see here are the ones in the local park, usualy in the pond!!!..AHHH the wonderful family park, broken swings, grafetti on the slide and empty beer cans next to the park bench....Who says turds are the only vice???

shopping trolleys in and around the shopping centres in perth are a nightmare. they dont have the slot where money goes in so nobody returns them to the stand - they just abandon them next to their car then the trolley invariably rolls into someone else's car and dents it. shopping trolleys also end up in the parks and streets here.

Walk down any main drive in north perth (cant speak for anywhere else) early in the morning and you will be shocked by the number of broken beer bottles - the hoons just drive along and throw them out the car window. my friend lives off trappers drive and her garden is literally littered with broken glass most weekends. glass telephone box on trappers drive has had a brick thrown through it every week for ages. new electronic signage in shopping centre off trappers was also smashed within a couple of weeks of it going up.

graffitti in perth also a major problem although granted they do go round and paint over it pretty quick. millions of dollars of clean up required on the new mandurah train line since opening owing to graffitti. our kids primary school was invaded one sunday night and the kids came in on monday morning to graffitti everywhere (very obscene), their newly planted vegetable garden ripped up and the little tiles they had painted and left out to dry all smashed to bits.

every window on every train has score marks where people have used sharp implements to write their names etc on the windows.

huge majority of bush fires started deliberately, even some of those that killed people in victoria. bikie gang murders, drive by shootings, massive problem with drugs (ice)

overall i still think there is more crime in uk than (western) australia but probably just because there are more people. old story of good and bad everywhere. do not think crime is not a huge problem here.

Guest treesea
Its not Yorkshire puds i miss (although they are very tasty). I just miss Yorkshire (dog poo and all!). I am going back to Harrogate, Knaresborough or York. Harrogate is where i lived before i came here but York has always been somewhere i would like to live. May think differently if i had to go back to Bradford (no offence to anyone who lives there as my family all originate from Bradford area). If i had to go back there I may feel Australia had the upper hand and stay!

Good luck with your move back. You have good taste re places to live. Mmm, Knaresborough! If only it were on the sea.....:-)

One thing I have really liked coming back is the attitude of the people over here. Contrary to what everyone thinks about poms, by and large I find they don't whinge and complain - they just get on with it. I would describe the average Brit, at least the ones I have encountered since we have been back, as pretty stoic. And they'll give anything a go. I like the way they are not as cautious as Australians. They don't seem to be scared of anything. Starting a business, going on a huge rollercoaster, visiting some remote place in Africa for their gap year, wandering around some city they have never visited before in the middle of the night - you name it, we Brits are up for it.

I'm up there for a visit later this year <spit>:arghh:

I really did not want to go back but with the cheap seat sale from Singapore Airlines I had no defence with Mrs Tyke.:biglaugh:

It's OK,we will visit some old haunts - Whitby included but I'd rather be here out fishing or exploring this country.

The place is in my past - it's passed me by - the "The Rosy coloured glasses in reverse" will no doubt come out.

When you are off Tyke , dragged back screamin August 7th ,least can watch the blades and have a nice warm pint

Typical English ......

UK people are always blaming people and blaming 'things' in general. "oh there's too many dog turds... noone cleans up their dog poo" but when UK people see a dog poo on the street and the owner doesn't pick it up , then what do UK people do ? They don't do ANYTHING. They go home and complain about it.

Not sure whether it's fear or whether it's disinterest, but guys : When you see a dog owner letting his dog poo and he doesn't clear it up , GO UP TO HIM AND TELL HIM TO CLEAN HIS FRIGGING POO UP OR YOU'LL HAVE HIM EAT IT !... it's not that hard. If everyone behaved like this there would not be any dog poo anywhere.

But no, just stand on the sidelines and complain. Way to go Pommies !

What a load of "rubbish" !!

I agree with previous poster!!

The number of times i saw people watching me, when my dog was pooing, was amazing. I always pick it up if at all possible and my plastic bag hasnt blown away. I couldnt possibly have got away with leaving it as they would have given me a right mouthful (abuse that is - not dog poo yuk!!!)

I remember my mum once pushing the dog poo into the gutter with her foot as she had forgotton her poo bag. She didnt want anyone to tread in it bless her

Don't lump all poms in one category as some of us do like to Keep Britain Tidy xx

Guest pabloke99
Glad to be home in my village in north yorkshire. Forgotten the taste of yorkshire puddings!:cute:

Brisbourne was awful. Sweating there like a turkey in the oven! The sea was dirty, the kids hated that.

So glad and relieved to be back in the UK. who cares about the recession, my cup of real PG Tips satsifys me. :tongue:

The only good thing is that i saw Neighbours 3 months ahead.

I'm so glad that you are back in the UK too! You didn't stick around long enough to learn to spell the name of the place, or recognise that the 'dirty' sea is actually due to the sediment from the river; but perhaps that's the fault of the schooling in YOUrkshire. Strange concept that you can only have Yorkshire puddings when you are actually there, maybe it's Brisbourne puddings that we've been making over here but they do taste the same.

Anyway, enjoy your PG tips and I hope your kids have more fun in the North Sea - you deserve it after all.

Glad to be home in my village in north yorkshire. Forgotten the taste of yorkshire puddings!:cute:

Brisbourne was awful. Sweating there like a turkey in the oven! The sea was dirty, the kids hated that.

So glad and relieved to be back in the UK. who cares about the recession, my cup of real PG Tips satsifys me. :tongue:

The only good thing is that i saw Neighbours 3 months ahead.

Don,t worry about the recession, papers in UK are now announcing it is deflation!

I'm so glad that you are back in the UK too! You didn't stick around long enough to learn to spell the name of the place, or recognise that the 'dirty' sea is actually due to the sediment from the river; but perhaps that's the fault of the schooling in YOUrkshire. Strange concept that you can only have Yorkshire puddings when you are actually there, maybe it's Brisbourne puddings that we've been making over here but they do taste the same.

Anyway, enjoy your PG tips and I hope your kids have more fun in the North Sea - you deserve it after all.

Don,t worry about the recession, papers in UK are now announcing it is deflation!

You two are a right jolly couple. Not all like Aus, get over it and put some salt on your chips.

Kernow this country is so cheap why would you want inflation at a time whn money is a little tight.?

Ale_Bitter.jpg

You two are a right jolly couple. Not all like Aus, get over it and put some salt on your chips.

Kernow this country is so cheap why would you want inflation at a time whn money is a little tight.?

Ale_Bitter.jpg

it will make it very hard for any wage or pension increases, that is a problem. Maybe wage drops>

and I don't use salt only pepper

Archived