SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Hi Aussiedad,

same for us. Our CO specifically wanted March 09, even though we had sent stuff from 10 years ago up to present date. As Amanda74 says, I think it is to cover the '2 year' criteria. We had children Aug 04 and Sept 09 and sent in their birth certificates - but they still wanted March 09. I guess it's all 'ticking boxes' for them. If it helps get the Visa.........!

Good luck

Guest Eragwyn
This is my first post on here and I'm extermely gratefull to everyone who has posted previously and allowed me to benefit from your experience when putting my application together.

I had planned to take my time in putting it together, however my brother-in-law who lives in Albany, WA has brought his wedding forwards from Christmas to July of this year! We had hoped to lodge my visa application with a view to staying out there permanently after the wedding but that now seems unlikely due to the shift in timescales.

Needless to say I've sent off all the paperwork this morning in the post and hope to have some contact in the next couple of days. Given the circumstances aren't exceptional I can't foresee any speeding up of the process however I will be doing my utmost to expedite it. Anyone had any success with this?

Many thanks

H

You will be looking at least 4-6 months for grant on your visa, we put my other halfs in at the beginning of April and they said 5-6 months to start.

Guest Eragwyn

:wub: Just wanted to let everyone know that we got an email today about my OH's visa application. He let them know that I am going home in late August as I am pregnant, and she got back to us to say that as long as we get the Australian Police Clearance back clear we will get his visa approved in early August! Thats only 4 months from application!

Fingers crossed everything goes well from now on, at least we can start planning :)

04/04/11 Application Submitted & money taken @ Aust House

06/04/11 Case officer assigned, Extra info, Medical /Aust PC requested

08/04/11 Info posted, Aust PC sent off

18/04/11 Medical in Knightsbridge

04/05/11 Aust PC Sent back (left something out - sh*t!), resent same day

05/05/11 Told by case officer that approval should be early August 11 - HOORAY!

Hi,

Yes, we were asked for specific evidence for one period (can't remember, but I think it was a year). We provided all we could (which was not much more than they already had) and they were happy and my husband was granted a permanent visa from the outset.

I found it a challenging process as I just wanted to get home as soon as I could. But, now we are here it is all lost in the mists of time. It is FANTASTIC to be home. I was away for nearly 13 years.

Good luck to you and try not to worry, you will be fine.

Cheers for now,

Sharon

G'day Folks,

first post here, but have been reading this forum for a while.

I'm an Aussie, have been living in the UK for 10 years. Wife of 6 years is British and my son (18 months) is aussie by decent (dual passports). We've been together for 9 years so lots of history available to evidence.

We lodged partner visa in person on 26th April and paid on the card (payment charged same day).

Got the acknowledgement from our case officer (AB) this morning instructing to do medical and police checks, which we are arranging - but also asking for specific proof of that our relationship is genuine between May 09 - May 10 and also Aug 10 - Feb 11.

I thought this was quite odd but reading the email it says "

may be eligible for the grant of a permanent visa, rather than a temporary visa"

The email says evidence is usually provided in the form of joint financial & legal documents.

I'm not sure why they picked those specific days - we provided my son's birth certificate, he was born Aug 09 and so falls within the dates requested!

Has anyone else been asked to do this?

Any ideas would be most welcomed.

thanks

Guest Eragwyn
Mick,

THanks for that info really hepful.

My wife will be going to manchester as well for her medical. me and the kids don't need one as, well I am an Aussie and I am in the process of geting the kids Aussie citizeship and then passports.

5 months isn't too long either.

By the way what 'other evidence' did you send? Just to give us an idea of what we need to dig out. My wife was looking the other night in all our 20 years we only have 5 photo's of us together:eek:

I put absolutely everything we could get our hands on with a date on it and either of our names to prove that we have been living at the same address.

That included:

* Tax records (blank out the confidential bits)

* Utility bills

* Christmas cards and envelopes that they came in

* Engagement cards

* Bank statements

* Medical records and letters of appointments

Right at the beginning of the application process really, but here's our timeline so far....

01/04/11 Decided to 'go for it' and started getting paperwork together

26/04/11 Application submitted and money taken

05/05/11 Case officer assigned, Extra info requested

We've just had the PC back so can send that in, and the other stuff is fairly straightforward (fingers crossed). CO also called me to discuss my 'usually resident' status, and seems I should be fine as long as I go over to Aus before they issue my partner with his visa, which is amazingly good news.

Also wanted to say hooray for PIO - it has provided me with loads of useful info so far, and will continue to do so I'm sure while we go through the next stages...

StS

Well thats me (and everyone else in the March gang) at the 2 month line. I'm going absolutely bonkers thinking about the visa all the time!! We technically still have 4 months to wait. :twitcy:

I have become completely homesick and in turn am making OH so excited about going as all I seem to talk about now is australia! I've been away 5 years...I wonder if much has changed?

Right at the beginning of the application process really, but here's our timeline so far....

01/04/11 Decided to 'go for it' and started getting paperwork together

26/04/11 Application submitted and money taken

05/05/11 Case officer assigned, Extra info requested

We've just had the PC back so can send that in, and the other stuff is fairly straightforward (fingers crossed). CO also called me to discuss my 'usually resident' status, and seems I should be fine as long as I go over to Aus before they issue my partner with his visa, which is amazingly good news.

Also wanted to say hooray for PIO - it has provided me with loads of useful info so far, and will continue to do so I'm sure while we go through the next stages...

StS

Did you use an agent or did you do it on your own?

Did it on our own mrspotatohead - wasn't too complicated really - just a great list making exercise!

StS

We did the same. Found the paper gathering and triple checking a little stressful, but glad we did it on our own now so that we can contact our CO direct if need be.

Where in Australia are you returning to?

We did the same. Found the paper gathering and triple checking a little stressful, but glad we did it on our own now so that we can contact our CO direct if need be.

Where in Australia are you returning to?

We did the same. I can't really think what a migration agent would add to the process (apart from a fee!).

We're heading back to Sydney for a few years at least. My mum and brother (plus friends and cousins) are there, with the rest of the family (grandad, aunty, more cousins) in Canberra. We're going to have 2 'city years' to enjoy the urban life, but spend our weekends/holidays exploring the country properly to decide where to settle after that.

How about you?

We did the same. I can't really think what a migration agent would add to the process (apart from a fee!).

We're heading back to Sydney for a few years at least. My mum and brother (plus friends and cousins) are there, with the rest of the family (grandad, aunty, more cousins) in Canberra. We're going to have 2 'city years' to enjoy the urban life, but spend our weekends/holidays exploring the country properly to decide where to settle after that.

How about you?

From Sydney but going to the Sunshine Coast as my sister has just moved up there with her family and my mum and dad are about to follow.

sounds like a good plan to use the country as a bit of a porthole for a while. do you have children?

Guest Chimpy chops

Just a quick update that might be helpful to those who are waiting and checking their emails everyday for "the email" saying your visa is granted!!

I wrote to my CO (MW) a few weeks ago to ask if there is any chance that it might be possible for our visa to be granted at 4months. She replied that's unlikely and will most probably be the standard 5-6 months.

She just wrote another email....

Just a quick update, this week our office received an update on processing times and the department have confirmed the processing time to be 5-6 months from the receipt date of applications. Therefore I will not be able to grant the visa as early as I hoped.

The earliest date for grant would be 17/06/2011, which is 5 months from the date your application has been received.

Should there be a new update, direction or more places created in the Australian migration program, I will let you know.

If your partner wishes to travel to Australia earlier, she may do so on a tourist visa. However, a tourist visa does not allow the holder to work in Australia.

Another requirement for the grant of permanent partner migration visa is that applicants are offshore (outside of Australia) at the time of grant. Your partner would therefore have to depart Australia for the immediate purpose of the grant. This could be a short trip to New Zealand or Bali, but we recommend clients to stay offshore for at least 3 days, so there is enough of time for us to grant the visa should there be a weekend and also to allow the system to update.

We have lived apart for over a year, so we are definitely considering the tourist visa option so that we can be together and not have to wait the extra month or 2!

I am so jealous of everyone who has had their visa accepted at 4 months!!

'or more places created in the Australian migration program, I will let you know. '

I didnt think they had capped partner visas?

If you do go over, its a good excuse for a long weekend in NZ!:laugh:

We've always kinda banked on it taking about a year from when we first started putting paperwork together, to a grant being received so the 5-6 months is actually good news for us....although I absolutely hate being left in the dark waiting! :cute:

Hi Laura... We haven't had any news yet... have you heard anything yet??

Hi Toffa, apologies for the late reply. I was in Asia for the past month holidaying with my partner. It was amazing! I haven't heard a word since.... Our application is in 10 weeks this week I think. I am going to ring our migration agent in about 6 weeks if I haven't anything and ask if he can push our case officer to give us an estimated date at least. My migration agent is very tight lipped. He won't give me any indication - obviously to cover himself.

I have to say, I haven't been worried about our app now in quite a while. I am taking the fact that we are not hearing anything as a positive sign!

How are things with you? Have you guys heard anything? Sorry again for th late reply :smile:

Guest Eragwyn
Just a quick update that might be helpful to those who are waiting and checking their emails everyday for "the email" saying your visa is granted!!

I wrote to my CO (MW) a few weeks ago to ask if there is any chance that it might be possible for our visa to be granted at 4months. She replied that's unlikely and will most probably be the standard 5-6 months.

She just wrote another email....

Just a quick update, this week our office received an update on processing times and the department have confirmed the processing time to be 5-6 months from the receipt date of applications. Therefore I will not be able to grant the visa as early as I hoped.

The earliest date for grant would be 17/06/2011, which is 5 months from the date your application has been received.

Should there be a new update, direction or more places created in the Australian migration program, I will let you know.

If your partner wishes to travel to Australia earlier, she may do so on a tourist visa. However, a tourist visa does not allow the holder to work in Australia.

Another requirement for the grant of permanent partner migration visa is that applicants are offshore (outside of Australia) at the time of grant. Your partner would therefore have to depart Australia for the immediate purpose of the grant. This could be a short trip to New Zealand or Bali, but we recommend clients to stay offshore for at least 3 days, so there is enough of time for us to grant the visa should there be a weekend and also to allow the system to update.

We have lived apart for over a year, so we are definitely considering the tourist visa option so that we can be together and not have to wait the extra month or 2!

I am so jealous of everyone who has had their visa accepted at 4 months!!

I really hope that this isn't the case. Our case officer (LG) said on 03/05 that we will get the visa early August providing my OH's Australian PC is all clear...we are about to purchase the return flights home for 20/08, so that would really stuff things up!!!

Hope all goes well for you and that you DO get it within the 4 months...maybe it's that they're trying to make sure people aren't expecting it at 4 months in case it does go over?

I really hope that this isn't the case. Our case officer (LG) said on 03/05 that we will get the visa early August providing my OH's Australian PC is all clear...we are about to purchase the return flights home for 20/08, so that would really stuff things up!!!

Hope all goes well for you and that you DO get it within the 4 months...maybe it's that they're trying to make sure people aren't expecting it at 4 months in case it does go over?

Hey guys,

Don't mean to butt in on your conversation but I think you have a point Eragwyn - I just did your sums there ha and if you get approved in early August that means your app will have taken a total of 17 - 18 weeks (four and a half months approx) and that seems to be the general time frame in which people seem to be getting approved! I agree with you that the case officer is not committing him / herself to approving the visa in four months...just covering their own backs.

.....just my two cents for what it's worth :cute:

Guest KittyJ

Hey is everything saying its like 5-6 months from when you have PAID for the visa orrrrrr 5-6months from when EVERYTHING is in including MC and PC. As my fiancee put in everything and paid..then put in the PC and MC. Everything was put in, in the beginning of March. Hope he is soooooon, cos I'm back in oz now, and our wedding is in November. I need him to help pick a cake hahahaha.

We've gone for the prospective marriage btw :)

Guest Bek7
Hey is everything saying its like 5-6 months from when you have PAID for the visa orrrrrr 5-6months from when EVERYTHING is in including MC and PC. As my fiancee put in everything and paid..then put in the PC and MC. Everything was put in, in the beginning of March. Hope he is soooooon, cos I'm back in oz now, and our wedding is in November. I need him to help pick a cake hahahaha.

We've gone for the prospective marriage btw :)

Hi,

from what we've been told by our c/o it's from when they first received application... We have been told 5/6 mths aswell :( also getting married in November (5th) ours was received at AH 20th Feb.. Hoping for the visa to be approved early missing my fiancée like crazy...

Good luck!!

Guest KittyJ
Hi,

from what we've been told by our c/o it's from when they first received application... We have been told 5/6 mths aswell :( also getting married in November (5th) ours was received at AH 20th Feb.. Hoping for the visa to be approved early missing my fiancée like crazy...

Good luck!!

How funny, ours is the 4th November! Hahaha. Where abouts are you? Yeah it's so hard, I came back April 3rd. So a month without eachother already! I check the emails everyday!

Guest Bek7
How funny, ours is the 4th November! Hahaha. Where abouts are you? Yeah it's so hard, I came back April 3rd. So a month without eachother already! I check the emails everyday!

wow what a coincedence... I'm in Sydney, we're getting married down the south coast. How bout you? My fiancée went back to the Uk in feb, 3mths next week.. Sux big time! The time difference makes it harder.. Yea we're the same checking and hoping there will be something from our c/o everyday.. Who do you have? We have AB

Guest KittyJ
wow what a coincedence... I'm in Sydney, we're getting married down the south coast. How bout you? My fiancée went back to the Uk in feb, 3mths next week.. Sux big time! The time difference makes it harder.. Yea we're the same checking and hoping there will be something from our c/o everyday.. Who do you have? We have AB

Sydney toooo, Well out west, We're getting married in a little country house in Mulgoa! Awwww thats sucky! Hopefully not tooooo long, we put it in 17/2 So not long before you at all! Are you australian or a brit oz resident?