SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest Suzec14
Application sent by post ...... Saturday 9-04-2011

Bankcard debited ............ Monday 11-04-2011

CO assigned 18th April, requested further info. Sent 19th April .... by e-mail and told to post hard copies. Bigger carbon footprint!

Hi Sam. Glad everything went well. Thank you for the information. I will be drinking all the way up on the train then.......in preparation : ) . Is sent my police Check to AH at the beginning of the week too, so this med is hopefully the last thing. Then the wait begins. I will look with interest this thread to see when you get your confirmation!

Tracy

Hi TracyC and everyone!

Just back from my medical in London (W. End), truly if you know you're healthy there's nothing to worry about. Mind you I've read that people have been in and out within 30 mins, today it took about 1hr 15 - mostly spent in waiting rooms. Dr and radiographer were nice and everyone seemed pleasant. I got copies of my receipt for my migration agent and also requested a copy of my results - that's an expensive bit of paper!

All I'd advise is that you drink a load of water before getting there so you're "ready" for the urinalysis - which is the first part of the process, then X-ray, then examination and blood test.

Before I left I was told everything was fine and all they were waiting on was the HIV test and the X-ray results. It all should be at AHC in next 4-5 days.

Hope that helps shed some light on the med situation.

P.S. Received my PC last week and that's all clear too - tis a good week!

Nice to see you were able to get a copy of your medical. My OH asked and was given a blunt 'NO'. :laugh:

Guest amigo

Hi guys

i have been viewing the forums over the past 6 months but have not actively posted.

I have just been granted my visa today.

Overall from being received until today i took just under 4 months.

i had sent a front-loaded application in on the 22nd of dec.

Medicals were done late november in knightsbridge. I only had one piece of correspnodance from my co and that was because i asked him how the app was goin. So those who havent heard anything do not worry as its obviously there way of doin things(keeping us lot in the dark that is)

I would like to thank many of you on here as your general advice was noted and helped me loads.

I would also reccomend not using an agent as i done it all myself and it really isnt that hard if you get docs together.

I wish you all the best and i for one cannot wait to live in the land of dreams

Guest DaneD
Hi guys

i have been viewing the forums over the past 6 months but have not actively posted.

Medicals were done late november in knightsbridge. I only had one piece of correspnodance from my co and that was because i asked him how the app was goin. So those who havent heard anything do not worry as its obviously there way of doin things(keeping us lot in the dark that is)

I would like to thank many of you on here as your general advice was noted and helped me loads.

I would also reccomend not using an agent as i done it all myself and it really isnt that hard if you get docs together.

Who was your immigration agent?

Guest Chimpy chops
Hi guys

That's great news!!! It's nice to see that quite a few people are getting their visa's granted under the 5-6 months!!

What are the initials of your case officer?

All of the best in oz :)

hi all,

just an update, this is the latest email we have received

"At present I am not in a position to be able to finalise your visa application. The processing times for the partner visa is 5-6 months from the date you lodged the application (18/02/2011) to take into account our current ongoing case load and to allow for applications to be finalised according to the date they were lodged. I will be in contact as soon as possible with regards to finalisation of your visa."

Bit bummed we didnt get an actual date, like others seem to have been given.... Guess we just play the waiting game now.... :sad:

Guest Sam C
Nice to see you were able to get a copy of your medical. My OH asked and was given a blunt 'NO'. :laugh:

That's a bit disappointing, where did your OH have theirs done? I think for the amount you pay surely a copy is a respectable request. However, maybe some places are funny about it as officially you sign off the results to DIAC. It might be worth contacting them jut on the off chance however? Good Luck with everything!

Guest sinead

Hi all!! well, i know we havnt got the VISA yet but we BOOKED our tickets today!!!! WOOP WOOP!! they were a bargain price and with Etihad flying straight from dublin to Sydney so delighted!!! Couldnt let it go!! lets just hope we get the VISA in time now!! me timeline is below so im hoping we'll have the VISA by July/August.. and we booked to fly out 24th September!!! SO EXCITEDq!!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Hi all!! well, i know we havnt got the VISA yet but we BOOKED our tickets today!!!! WOOP WOOP!! they were a bargain price and with Etihad flying straight from dublin to Sydney so delighted!!! Couldnt let it go!! lets just hope we get the VISA in time now!! me timeline is below so im hoping we'll have the VISA by July/August.. and we booked to fly out 24th September!!! SO EXCITEDq!!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

OMG you are so brave! Welldone. I thought you might do it!! :laugh: Now you've got me tempted!!

Guest sinead
OMG you are so brave! Welldone. I thought you might do it!! :laugh: Now you've got me tempted!!

DO IT!!! BOOK IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you know you want to!! im on cloud nine now!!! everything is falling into place for me now!!!me house is sorted, me tickets are sorted, the VISA is j=due by jul/august... just have to save save save!!!

DO IT!!! BOOK IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you know you want to!! im on cloud nine now!!! everything is falling into place for me now!!!me house is sorted, me tickets are sorted, the VISA is j=due by jul/august... just have to save save save!!!

I don't have my visa either, but our CO seems really relaxed and has given us the all clear to enter Oz on tourist visas while we wait for the spouse to process and our daughter's citizenship application (which we will do in Oz) ..... we leave next Sunday!!! My place is upside down trying to pack and have some repairs/painting done in a week. I must be crazy, but this whole process is totally crazy really. Mixed emotions, feeling very sad to leave family and friends, but all falling into place at last!

I don't have my visa either, but our CO seems really relaxed and has given us the all clear to enter Oz on tourist visas while we wait for the spouse to process and our daughter's citizenship application (which we will do in Oz) ..... we leave next Sunday!!! My place is upside down trying to pack and have some repairs/painting done in a week. I must be crazy, but this whole process is totally crazy really. Mixed emotions, feeling very sad to leave family and friends, but all falling into place at last!

Really? Congrats on getting out there so quickly! Is this something you requested when you initially lodged your application? Wish we were doing the same, but we're using these last 6 months to save like mad! :twitcy:

Really? Congrats on getting out there so quickly! Is this something you requested when you initially lodged your application? Wish we were doing the same, but we're using these last 6 months to save like mad! :twitcy:

Yes we requested it straight away and he gave me permission the same day to travel on a tourist visa. We were meant to apply ages ago, and I had to give up my job so they could find a replacement, so I have been sitting around in London, with hubby in Oz for months, so the quicker we are there and our place rented out, the better it will be all round. Yes it's an expensive process:arghh:!!

Yes we requested it straight away and he gave me permission the same day to travel on a tourist visa. We were meant to apply ages ago, and I had to give up my job so they could find a replacement, so I have been sitting around in London, with hubby in Oz for months, so the quicker we are there and our place rented out, the better it will be all round. Yes it's an expensive process:arghh:!!

Well worth it though! :wubclub:

Guest mickthemackem

I sent my application off in November and was told the visa was due to be granted AROUND 18th of April.

On the 21st still no visa, so i rang AH only to get a recorded message from my co to say she was on holiday from the 18th of April to the 9th of May.

What a pain in the a@5e.

So still wating.

All the best to those who have got the visas and to those still waiting.:mad:

Thats a bummer!! hope you hear something soon. The wait for both my OH and myself is driving us nuts and we're not due to hear back until Aug!! so I can appreciate you wanting to know, all the best and I hope it's worth the wait when she returns :o)

Guest Tillyloola
I sent my application off in November and was told the visa was due to be granted AROUND 18th of April.

On the 21st still no visa, so i rang AH only to get a recorded message from my co to say she was on holiday from the 18th of April to the 9th of May.

What a pain in the a@5e.

So still wating.

All the best to those who have got the visas and to those still waiting.:mad:

Thats a bit harsh. I think that if your CO is off for a long period of time, then they should re allocate your application to someone thats actually going to be in the office if your visa is due to be granted while there off.

You could always ring Australia house and speak to someone else to see if this could be done as you did have a provisional grant date of the 18th.

Guest mickthemackem

Thanks Tillyloola and Adelaide,

After phoning my co (sv) i was given another number but i got another recorded message saying he was not available,so i will now have to wait till tuesday to talk to him.

Hopefully i can get hold of him and i can get some good news.

All the best.

Mick.

Guest gavincoleman13

Hi Everyone, Visa arrived on 21st April,, so happy

Exactly 4 Months and 1 day...Should be in Australia by end of June now.

20th December - Application submitted (front loaded with Meds, police checks)

21st December - Money taken from account

23rd December - email from CO asking for couple extra things

Sent extra documents and received back all items by first week of January..

Good luck to all on here, its defiantly been a long wait

Guest Suzec14

Hi,

I thought an off shore application meant you had to be "off shore" when it was granted. (Out of the country)

Are you allowed to wait out the time on Oz?

Guest mjandmum

Hi All in the March waiting game

Does anyone have their original documents back yet? Or a receipt? I've had nothing as yet and I'm just wondering after seeing what others have said about getting them back within a few weeks, whether I'm alone in that? I sent my application on 9th Mar and as far as I know no other documents were required once my medical had been submitted.

To update those who have been following my comments. My OH's dad has been in and out of hospital this past month and his mum is not coping under the strain (she had a stress related heart attack last year and we fear a repeat any day). Not to mention the OH himself who is working full time and spending the rest of his time at the hospital or at their house. Not a good situation. Made worse by my being so far away and unable to help.

And our baby boy started crawling this week....such a bittersweet moment without his daddy to see it. But I've taken lots of videos and emailed them over to Oz.

I decided not to appeal to our CO with our situation until it becomes god forbid more dire and immediate. So I have never contacted them to stress the fact we're a family separated (hard enough with a 7 month olf baby) or that we are now under extreme additional stress. I wonder if the 4 month timelines we've been seeing of late will extend into this year's applicants too.... or if they'll stick to 5-6 months? Thoughts anyone????