SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest Tillyloola

I finally spoke to my CO this morning and I'm flying out in the morning. Cant believe it, I have been running round like my bum was on fire all day. If only it was for good but a couple of months with the hubby will be fine for now.:biggrin:

Guest Lottee
I finally spoke to my CO this morning and I'm flying out in the morning. Cant believe it, I have been running round like my bum was on fire all day. If only it was for good but a couple of months with the hubby will be fine for now.:biggrin:

Yay happy days :jiggy:have a good time!

That's fantastic news! Did you have to keep calling him to be able to speak? Were there any major restrictions or rules about being able to spend 3 months out there that you were told about?

Have a great time :)

I also applied in November, application received 10th Nov. I rang them last month to ask what the status is and they told me I woulg get my visa between 10th April and 10th May. Got flights booked for 15th of May so I really hope it comes through! I think i will call again around the 10th of April, haha

Hi Sarafin

Wow! thats brilliant news, did you use an agent? I think I'll give them a call tomorrow!!

Thanks

A.

Guest WaitingPatiently
Thats fab news Tillyloola!!!

Just found out from my agent that my CO is SV :confused::skeptical: and he copied me in on an email she sent him and all being well should get my visa 17/08/2011!! Woohoo!!!

Great news that you've got a possible grant date. We haven't got a specific date yet and I'm a bit afraid to ask.Guess it won't make it come any quicker. Sounds like you can just stil back and relax until August.

Hi All,

Got allocated a CO yesterday (intials are NW). He requested further information, some of which I have already included in my original application. (Obvious things like copy of our passports and marriage cert). Anyone else had this experience? I don't have much faith in him if he can't even get this part correct!

My nerves are gone!!:shocked:

Guest LoznWill

Ah thanks!! Totally hear you about being stressed and worried - feel much the same. Just found out it looks like they cant do our meds before 7th April (grrr, I rang 2 weeks ago to check if there were any waiting times - we so shouldve frontloaded!). Anyway, guess we all just have to hang in there, be patient, and let the good times roll (when they eventually get here that is!!)

Guest LoznWill

Whooo hoooo!!! That is fantastic news! Hope you have a great time together!! :smile:

Ah thanks!! Totally hear you about being stressed and worried - feel much the same. Just found out it looks like they cant do our meds before 7th April (grrr, I rang 2 weeks ago to check if there were any waiting times - we so shouldve frontloaded!). Anyway, guess we all just have to hang in there, be patient, and let the good times roll (when they eventually get here that is!!)

I e-mailed him and asked him to look for the documents again. Don't see why I should give myself extra work. Probably pissed him off big time! :realmad:

I booked my medical last week and the first appointment I could get was 11/4 at the Private Mater in Dublin. My medical insurance doesn't cover it so it's gonna cost €300. Suppose it's a drop in the ocean compared to the visa fee.

Finally sent my 47SP application form off today! Front loaded with all the docs I can think of, except Police check, which is due back next week.

Medical carried out in October and according to Knightsbridge docs, has already been sent to Oz House. I just hope the report hasn't gone missing as I did ask the doc for a copy, but they sent it off without making one "because the post it note may have fallen off".

Can anyone tell me how to add my stats to the bottom of my posts please?!

Happy to be joining the waiting game at last :smile:

Guest Lottee

:biggrin:

Finally sent my 47SP application form off today! Front loaded with all the docs I can think of, except Police check, which is due back next week.

Medical carried out in October and according to Knightsbridge docs, has already been sent to Oz House. I just hope the report hasn't gone missing as I did ask the doc for a copy, but they sent it off without making one "because the post it note may have fallen off".

You do it somewhere on your profile page - its the tab called Edit Signature...

Got asked to do Medicals & Police Checks today yipeeeeeeeeee - Co is turning things round pretty quick, but i know we will still have to wait 5-6 months aaargh!

Anyways have a good weekend all :biggrin:

Hi All,

I've finally joined the waiting game too! 47sp and about 1kg of other stuff sent off today. I'm the Aussie and the visa is for my OH. I'm very much looking forward to heading back to Brisbane.

I'm hoping the next 6ish months won't be too bumpy!

Have a good weekend!

Hi All,

I've finally joined the waiting game too! 47sp and about 1kg of other stuff sent off today. I'm the Aussie and the visa is for my OH. I'm very much looking forward to heading back to Brisbane.

I'm hoping the next 6ish months won't be too bumpy!

Have a good weekend!

That's great news! We will have to monitor each other's progress and see if they are processing at the same speed.

Hope you guys are able to be together, seems a lot of us on here are apart from their other half while waiting for the visa to process. Hard work!

Good luck and keep us posted :wink:

Guest WaitingPatiently
Hi All,

Got allocated a CO yesterday (intials are NW). He requested further information, some of which I have already included in my original application. (Obvious things like copy of our passports and marriage cert). Anyone else had this experience? I don't have much faith in him if he can't even get this part correct!

My nerves are gone!!:shocked:

We had the same thing Amanda. CO asked for a "correctly certified" copy of my OHs birth certificate even though there was a copy in there certified by the same magistrate who certified every other document in our application. We couldn't be bothered arguing so just sent another copy but if it's a few things I would have done like you did and asked the CO to double check. Fingers crossed the rest of the process is smooth for you!

Guest WaitingPatiently

Woohoo OH just got his Aussie police certificate in the post!! For other people's info it took 22days from the day I posted the app in England until we recieved the cert today (quicker than they say on the website, yay!).

We didn't think we needed an Aussie PCe so just incase others make the same mistake, if you've been in Aus (or any other country) for 12 months or more in TOTAL (doesn't have to be in one stint, that's where we made our mistake) then you need a police check. If you don't have an Aussie cheque book (or know someone who can write one for you) then you can get a bank draft in Aussie dollars from a UK bank that is associated with an Aussie bank (we got ours from HSBC, catch is it costs 20pounds!! But worth it to avoid stress).

We'll be sending the last bit of info in Monday morning and then it's just waiting from here on in. Good luck all!

Woohoo OH just got his Aussie police certificate in the post!! For other people's info it took 22days from the day I posted the app in England until we recieved the cert today (quicker than they say on the website, yay!).

Which organisation did you use for UK police check? The form I sent said 5 days, but they only wrote to me yesterday to say it was being processed, despite them receiving it on Monday - 4 days earlier!

Bit annoying.

Guest WaitingPatiently
Which organisation did you use for UK police check? The form I sent said 5 days, but they only wrote to me yesterday to say it was being processed, despite them receiving it on Monday - 4 days earlier!

Bit annoying.

We used ACPO for the UK police check (the one recommended by the CO) and it said 10 working days on the application (we just went the standard not express). We got it back in 14days which was pretty good. We also got an email saying they were processing it about 5days after they actually recieved it and then got it in the post a week or so later. Hopfully you hear something soon :biggrin:

Forum > Forum > Lounge Room > Migration Issues

question about changes in spouse visa's this summer??

This is where I spotted it.

There are additional posts to this thread and it seems it may only be related to the Skills visa, not relevant to the partner visa.

This is a quote from the last post in that thread:

"As far as I am aware, the changes in July ar eonly to the skilled visas.

Now it could be that people are getting married in order to be able to include their spouse on a skilled visa because they want to apply before July and won't have enough time as defacto by then, but that's nothing to do with the partner visa."

Think it's all OK for us waiting on Partner/Spouse visas :biggrin:

Guest mjandmum

Hi all

I'm new to the forum but here's our story.

I'm a UK partner to an Aussie guy and we have a son together who is just 6 months old. I've been in Oz for the past 22 months on a 12 month multiple entry visitor visa and our son was born there. I returned to the Uk on 9th March and we have lodged my spouse application via a migration agent to conincide with that date. My partner is unfortunately staying in Oz whilst my application is processed as he needs to work to continue supporting my son and I. We're wondering if anyone has heard of the processing times being fast tracked due to a family separated? We're desperate to get back before my son's first birthday in August but every day apart is really tough as my OH is missing out on so much!

I cant find how to edit my signature so here is our time line thus far...

Lodged 09/03/11, money taken 18/03/11 but not cleared from Oz account till 23/03/11....still waiting for case officer to be assigned.