SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest somsy77

I just edited my post to show you the basic evidence I included, have a look... also very very few ppl have had a turnaround time of less than 12 weeks this year.... so July travel plans may not be realistic...:nah:

Good luck hun

xx

That's ok then, we have addressed all the critera in the booklet...just think we were a bit naive with the whole thing....I have just looked and the nearest panel doctor to me is in Cardiff, 250 miles away...gez....think I can safely say that my idea of going home to Aust by the end of July is out of the window.

:sad:

Guest somsy77

Try and get in ASAP. :) And have you booked flights already ?

I have just looked and the nearest panel doctor to me is in Cardiff, 250 miles away...gez....think I can safely say that my idea of going home to Aust by the end of July is out of the window.

:sad:

Guest garysgirl63

Hi somsy

The police checks will just be for the UK, I have already downloaded the form this afternoon and will get right on to that.

Going to get in touch with the Cardiff med to make an appointment.

No tickets booked yet.

The evidence i sent was a wedding invite, car ins documents, photo's, 3 stat. decs. from Australian friends, many many emails over nearly a 2 yrs period covering financial, social and relationship aspects. Then the stuff we both had to write about our relationship....nature of the household essay, lol....errrmmm, I have prob forgotten something but I sent 750g of paperwork...that now seems way too low.

I cant let this get me down, my life is waiting for me over there...

Ange

(epollard: not sure about 'envelopes' with both names on it. They don't consider that evidence far as I know, but wedding invites with your names on it would prove that 'other' ppl think of you as a couple)

Envelopes that are addressed to you both can be useful if they've been post marked by Royal Mail (i.e. been through the post and stamped). Unless you're a good forger it's hard to add a name and date to an envelope. Hence why handwritten cards aren't considered strong evidence - as there's nothing to prove when they were written...

Guest garysgirl63

Thanks peach

Unfortunatly, we didn't think about saving things like that.....wedding invite was by email addressed to both of us...the one problem we have is that i was never on the lease on both places we lived in in Australia because i was on a holiday visa, also all the bill were in my OH's name....I did have work carried out in an investment property he owned in Melbourne with my name and address on it, so I have sent that and emails between me and the rental agent arranging the letting of the property...

All this has hit me this afternoon like a ton of bricks, got to keep my chin up, lol.

Guest somsy77

My OH wasnt on lease either. You might be asked to provide a stat dec from landlord, or a housemate (if you lived in a house share...?) Someone else on here was asked for that( I wasnt as I had joint acc, and bills for 12 months).

Do you have a joint bank account ? If not, or even if you do, I'd suggest you get bank statements of both of you for last 12 months and start highlighting transactions into each others accounts and the joint one. (I did this) Shows that you have both been spending money for the house bills etc.

Oh and have you had any holidays together and have paid for them on a single card etc or have the itinary that shows both names? That is very useful to show the social aspect along with the wedding invite.

Backing up a min. You have to show 4 aspects of the relationship

1. Financial (joint bank statements, bills re car insurance sounds good, rent paid into each other's account for last 12 months)

2. Social (proved thru stat decs of friends, joint invites, holidays taken together)

3. Emotional (proved again thru stat decs of friends, and your personal statements)

4. Continuing nature (Again in your personal statement - your future plans..., etc)

I think if u have basic evidence - i.e at least one piece of paper for each aspect ... should be fine.

This is what I aimed for, and looks like it worked. I really didnt have joint mortgage council tax bills, or even wills naming each other as beneficiaries. Also didnt have car insurance... that will help!

If u've ticked these boxes, shouldnt see why you would be asked for anything more....

xx

Guest rachandjon

We are heading to Perth too!- What part you going to?

:wubclub:

My family is based around Fremantle mainly, so that is where we are heading. I grew up in Cottlesloe, but that would definitely be 'but a dream' these days! What about you?

My family is based around Fremantle mainly, so that is where we are heading. I grew up in Cottlesloe, but that would definitely be 'but a dream' these days! What about you?

We are going to Cottesloe! That's where my parents stay. Then we will be moving to Shenton Park! I can't wait.

I love freo- fab place!

Guest rachandjon

We are going to Cottesloe! That's where my parents stay. Then we will be moving to Shenton Park! I can't wait.

I love freo- fab place!

When I grew up my mum was in Cott and my Dad was in East Freo, so I was in both places a lot! I love Freo too. My OH is a Londer, born and bred, so I need to take him somewhere with local pubs and a high street, otherwise he might be on the first flight back to London! Shenton Park is nice too. ..

Guest CharlotteMC

I've applied for defacto spouse visa, my CO has requested additional info a couple of times via my agent. My docs have been returned to me this week. Does this mean the decision has been made, as wouldn't they keep the docs until they have made the decision? I hope so!

Guest FedUp
I've applied for defacto spouse visa, my CO has requested additional info a couple of times via my agent. My docs have been returned to me this week. Does this mean the decision has been made, as wouldn't they keep the docs until they have made the decision? I hope so!

It is very likely that they do keep copies of your documents.

I think the only thing you can learn from that is that your visa application has been added to the queue.

Good luck with your application.

Guest garysgirl63
You have to show 4 aspects of the relationship

1. Financial (joint bank statements, bills re car insurance sounds good, rent paid into each other's account for last 12 months)

2. Social (proved thru stat decs of friends, joint invites, holidays taken together)

3. Emotional (proved again thru stat decs of friends, and your personal statements)

4. Continuing nature (Again in your personal statement - your future plans..., etc)

I think if u have basic evidence - i.e at least one piece of paper for each aspect ... should be fine.

This is what I aimed for, and looks like it worked. I really didnt have joint mortgage council tax bills, or even wills naming each other as beneficiaries. Also didnt have car insurance... that will help!

If u've ticked these boxes, shouldnt see why you would be asked for anything more....

xx

Thanks somsy...

I sent 720g of paperwork...

Financial - car ins. emails between me and a handy man concerning work to be done at OH rental property which I arranged and paid for...I also sent copies of emails between me and the rental agent for the same property arranging viewings/choosing for tenents.

Social - 3 stat.decs. wedding email invite, email conformation for flights booked for us and my folks (my name and address), copy of email from OH work flying me from Melbourne to Sydney for the weekend to find a rental place, emails arranging meals out with friends visiting from the UK.

Emotional - 3 stat.decs again, personal statements, selection of emails between the two of us over the time we have been together. photos of us both together.

continuing nature - again personal statements and future plans, nature of the house hold letter.

Do you think that covers it?

I read on here somewhere yesterday that someone had sent 2kg of paperwork...I just felt that I hadn't sent enough proof, must say it got me down a bit what with that and the time frame of 3 months that we are looking at...

But now thinking, whats 3 months when you have the rest of your life together :cute:

Guest FedUp
I read on here somewhere yesterday that someone had sent 2kg of paperwork...I just felt that I hadn't sent enough proof...

They only request one document/proof (showing both partner's or each one name, address and date) per partner per every few months. However, we tend to send whatever we can find to prove beyond doubt that the relationship is genuine.

So I wouldn't worry much about how much paperwork you send as long as what you've provided cover the whole qualifying period.

Good luck

Guest christinenpete

That's about the same amount as we sent.

A few documents (bills, bank statements, festival tickets etc) for each of the 13 years we've been together and that was it... well apart from all the mandatory stuff like stat decs and personal statements etc.

They haven't asked us for anymore info yet... but we''ll keep you posted :wink:

Guest somsy77

Sweetie doesn't matter how much was sent, what was sent is what matters...

The emails between you and guy who did work on OH's house could indicate that you have a relationship, but doesnt show you lived at the same address for 12 months together as a couple....

Additonal info they may ask for (and therefore might be worth getting together now)

.... Did you have any bills with both your names on it spanning 12 months...? Or even individually addressed bills / NHS cards, appts sent to each of you to same address... bank statements for both of you at same address...all over a 12 month period ....?(I read on some agent's website to send maximum 5 pieces for each partner over the 12 month period...sort of spread it out to show both of you have been recieving bills etc at that address)

The emails you send between each other may not get read, but its ok to put it in ....

Looks like you got enough.

If they need anything else, they will ask.

Whats 3 months indeed?

xx

Thanks somsy...

Financial - car ins. emails between me and a handy man concerning work to be done at OH rental property which I arranged and paid for...I also sent copies of emails between me and the rental agent for the same property arranging viewings/choosing for tenents.

Social - 3 stat.decs. wedding email invite, email conformation for flights booked for us and my folks (my name and address), copy of email from OH work flying me from Melbourne to Sydney for the weekend to find a rental place, emails arranging meals out with friends visiting from the UK.

Emotional - 3 stat.decs again, personal statements, selection of emails between the two of us over the time we have been together. photos of us both together.

continuing nature - again personal statements and future plans, nature of the house hold letter.

Do you think that covers it?

I read on here somewhere yesterday that someone had sent 2kg of paperwork...I just felt that I hadn't sent enough proof, must say it got me down a bit what with that and the time frame of 3 months that we are looking at...

But now thinking, whats 3 months when you have the rest of your life together :cute:

Guest somsy77

Good to hear this as I sent less than 72kg but what was sent I think was good enough (hopefully!)

X

72 KG ??? he he that must have been one heavy package :)

I sent a little over a kg, but that was coz i sent individual bank account statements as well, so that added 24 sheets of paper ... lol along with the joint bank account statements. Highlighted the money transfers that were between our accounts over the year...

I sent a little over a kg, but that was coz i sent individual bank account statements as well, so that added 24 sheets of paper ... lol along with the joint bank account statements. Highlighted the money transfers that were between our accounts over the year...

Typo!

Guest christinenpete

I was just thinking the same thing :wink:

I'm always making typo's too

Guest somsy77
Typo!

i know :) was imagining how long it would take for 72 kg to get processed... :) Good luck Emma! you have nothing to worry

xx