SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

thanks yeahbut and happy lass!

What about typical questions during the interview? and is the interview mandatory for all cases or is it just to verify certain info?

thanks again!

---------

application sent 28/05/2010 / received 01/06/2010 / waiting for it to be processed...

Hi Enci,

Not all cases get interviewed, my application has been in 7 weeks and I haven't been asked to do one. I have no idea what kind of questions that they would ask. To be honest I haven't seen many people on here post about having an interview. As my OH says, try not to worry until it happens as it might not happen. I must say that, that doesn't work for me as I tend to fear the worst but hope for the best.

Guest epollard74

Hey all, I've sent our Partner visa in this morning. Had it front loaded with everything required except the Meds which I am doing next Thursday, so hopefully they will have them around the time they request them. It's only gone into the post this morning and I am already impatient!! :arghh:

It'll be a long wait.........!!:twitcy:

Hey all, I've sent our Partner visa in this morning. Had it front loaded with everything required except the Meds which I am doing next Thursday, so hopefully they will have them around the time they request them. It's only gone into the post this morning and I am already impatient!! :arghh:

Good luck with your application, the waiting is the worst part I think, have been waiting 7 weeks and counting....

Good luck with the waiting :eek:

We sent our application off today, frontloaded with everything we could lay our hands on. My OH went for her medical 2 weeks ago but we are expecting it to be referred so who knows how long we will have to wait for that to come through.

Let the waiting begin!

Good luck with the waiting :eek:

We sent our application off today, frontloaded with everything we could lay our hands on. My OH went for her medical 2 weeks ago but we are expecting it to be referred so who knows how long we will have to wait for that to come through.

Let the waiting begin!

Good luck with your application, my daughters medicals were referred as they have a hearing loss and it took 6 weeks to get a response that they had met the health requirement and then I had to chase it up!!!

20 Weeks and 6 Days so far for me :)

You must have the patience of a saint :wink: I don't know how you have stayed clam when others have had theirs granted I would be like :arghh: I know they have given you the indication that July you will get yours but even so... Come July 1st are you going to 'politely' remind your CO???

Guest jamessmith

Hi all,

I must say that this forum is the most up to date for spouse visa time lines, as i do understand the frustration that many of us faces during this process. So here is our story........

I am an Australian citizen and my wife is an Indian national. We married earlier this year and applied for her spouse visa (309) at Delhi high commission -

26/03/2010 - Did medicals before hand (Medicals sent to Delhi high commission on 30/03/2010)

1/04/2010 - Sent Application front loaded with everything except police clearance

15/04/2010 - CO assigned (Requested Indian police clearance)

3/05/2010 - Sent Indian police clearance along with the original passport

31/05/2010 - CO calls my wife and is asking if she has done her medicals yet or not? She advised her that she already did her medicals on 26/03/2010 and has confirmation from the doctor that it was received by Delhi high commission on 01/04/2010. Over the phone the CO tried to check their system for my wife's medical report but nothing came up. She advised my wife that she will look into it and will get back to her.

Now the dilemma is what if the CO is not able to find out the medical report and ask her to redo it again. It will than take time upto 6 weeks again.

So it seems that it doesnt pays to do your medical before hand, one should only do it once its requested. We both are keeping our fingers crossed as to the CO finds the medical reports so we can save some time............

Any of you guys had issue in regards of the medical where DIAC was not able to find it out???

Any comments or suggestions are highly appreciated as we all are sailing in the same boat......

Cheers,

James

Guest rachandjon

We are 16 weeks and 3 days, and counting... should hear by next Tuesday - apparently. I keep telling my OH that it will probably come on the 8th June, but still ring him at least a few times a day to see if he has checked his emails. Which, of course, he has!

Guest EmilandMarleen
We are 16 weeks and 3 days, and counting... should hear by next Tuesday - apparently. I keep telling my OH that it will probably come on the 8th June, but still ring him at least a few times a day to see if he has checked his emails. Which, of course, he has!

Yeah, we are 15 weeks and 1 day. I just can't believe the waiting times at the moment. Hope some more visas are granted soon!

Guest epollard74

20 Weeks and 6 Days so far for me :)

OMG, you're still waiting. You mustn't have any hair left from stress! Do you know why its taking so long?Hopefully it will come through soon for you.:biggrin:

Guest epollard74

It will be any day now.....:biggrin:

Guest epollard74
Any thoughts on what is causing the long processing times?

Pure volume of applications I'd imagine. Doesn't make it any less frustrating though.:eek:

Guest rachandjon

Yeah, I was originally quoted as 3-4 months. I then emailed my CO at about 3 months and 1 or 2 weeks to ask if there was any news, as I wanted to know if I should resign. Just got a reply saying they process them in the order received, but that I would know by the 8th June. Now I am convinced we will find out on the 8th. Or worse, the 8th will come and go and there will still be no word!!!! It is literally only a couple of days now, the waiting seriously kills you! I have managed to get my British Citizenship issued and attended my ceremony yesterday, all in the space of 2 months!

Yeah, I was originally quoted as 3-4 months. I then emailed my CO at about 3 months and 1 or 2 weeks to ask if there was any news, as I wanted to know if I should resign. Just got a reply saying they process them in the order received, but that I would know by the 8th June. Now I am convinced we will find out on the 8th. Or worse, the 8th will come and go and there will still be no word!!!! It is literally only a couple of days now, the waiting seriously kills you! I have managed to get my British Citizenship issued and attended my ceremony yesterday, all in the space of 2 months!

Well if it were me and I hadn't heard by June 7th I would email asking very nicely if I would still be hearing by June 8th, just to refresh my CO memory that I had been waiting semi patiently hehehe :wink: I am up to 7 weeks and 2 days and well patience isn't one of my virtues, but I will wait and email around the 12 week mark if I have not heard anything by then.

Hope you heard soon and that it starts the ball rolling for the rest of us, I think that it will be July time that most of us more recent ones hear as it's the start of the new year... immigration wise.

Guest christinenpete
Well thanks to a lot of help from pio folks we have completed all our paperwork!:smile:

we are just waiting on police checks and then we will be good to go.

thanks all so much for your help

Emma

x

Snap! Looks like we'll be waiting together :wink:

Thanks to everyone who has helped us along the way :notworthy:

Guest JayCook77

I am hoping very much that I get the call tomorrow to say that my PMV is granted, He said he would call with finalisation on Tuesday/Wednesday, Its now Thursday and I am still waiting... Getting more and more worried...

Guest rachandjon

Well done on the paperwork emmaroo and christinenpete - now comes the waiting! :wink:

Jaycook - I was thinking you were supposed to be hearing this week - still no news... Are you tempted to ring today and 'remind' your CO? I would be!