SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

you will not believe this, just as i posted the above, i got an email with the grant letter. just under 9 months, case officer is KP. pretty straightforward case, we got rejected in 2013 for lack of cohabitation evidence , so after moving continents twice , leaving jobs, a whole lot of money spent, we can finally celebrate. heading to perth on jan 6. just have to hand the notice in at work and enjoy xmas with the family

you will not believe this, just as i posted the above, i got an email with the grant letter. just under 9 months, case officer is KP. pretty straightforward case, we got rejected in 2013 for lack of cohabitation evidence , so after moving continents twice , leaving jobs, a whole lot of money spent, we can finally celebrate. heading to perth on jan 6. just have to hand the notice in at work and enjoy xmas with the family

fab news for you but now I am waiting waiting v v impatiently now...

When did you apply and when did you submit medicals / police checks?

applied feb 1, case officer KP was assigned 23rd feb. he rang me persoanlly as there was a mixup with my contact details. said he was satisfied with our docs and case etc. i submitted the police clearances with the application and he told me to do a medical on aug 24th.

we heard nothing from the department other than a co was assigned and then our grant. it still hasnt sunk in. its 2 years and 2 months since we first applied. just nipped to the offy and bought a bottle of champers to celebrate. this weekend should be good :wink:

This morning went on my E-mail to check my work stuff......2 E-mails

1 309 partner visa.......Grant

2 100 partner visa.......Grant

Never been happier total time frame 8months 12 days, was expecting dec/jan

case officer VF

so good news for everyone with my case officer

will start celebrating this weekend.

Thank you for all your support & help these last eight months, without this forum I would have been blind to this whole process so thanks everyone.

Its like getting an oscar and having to give your speech whilst excited like a kid. So thanks to all of you

I depart for australia on the 8th of december stopping in bali for a week on my way over and arriving in sydney to start our new life

on the 16th of december....just in time for christmas.

thanks

I have VF also, fingers crossed, I'm not expecting until December. Congratulations

I have VF also, fingers crossed, I'm not expecting until December. Congratulations

We had VF too - looks like they're on a roll now. Yours won't be long now MT, and you deserve it for deffo!

Do you ever stop to wonder how many other people have applied for partner/PMV visas and don't subscribe to PIO? I guess there's lots. How on earth do they get through the process without the support and info we get here???

Congrats to the other recent brand new visa holders too. Feels really odd coming back here once you've got it!

We had VF too - looks like they're on a roll now. Yours won't be long now MT, and you deserve it for deffo!

Do you ever stop to wonder how many other people have applied for partner/PMV visas and don't subscribe to PIO? I guess there's lots. How on earth do they get through the process without the support and info we get here???

Congrats to the other recent brand new visa holders too. Feels really odd coming back here once you've got it!

Thank you W2G, I can't wait tbh, I've done so much home work, but it's all been off the back of advise on here, I can't imagine tackling this massive excersize without help.............I don't think I could have done it without this help, even though my OH is Australian!

Roll on December, we have a court case for my stepson to leave jurisdiction also, going to be busy!!

Cheers MT

Congratulations to everyone who have had visa grants!! My daughter's partner is only 4 months in and this thread has been so helpful already. I found PiO many years ago after our family had emigrated in 1999. I had grown up in Aus from 1966 and after 33 years on a Former Resident visa I returned with my own family. PiO has helped us so many times through the years, so you're spot on Wan2go! ;) Members have come and gone and I pop in every so often, but everytime there is a fount of info, knowledge and wisdom. So many thanks to all who have helped over the years and now :)

Congratulations..

and good luck on your new life in oz

Likewise YorkieMan, good luck, where you heading? Cheers MT

Off to the central coast nsw, about an hours drive north of Sydney.

hopefully will find a job straight away and hit the ground running

im still a bit shocked with my grant date, if I would have thought it would be this early I would have booked my flights for November instead. My partner is ecstatic that she will be with her family for Christmas...

Off to the central coast nsw, about an hours drive north of Sydney.

hopefully will find a job straight away and hit the ground running

im still a bit shocked with my grant date, if I would have thought it would be this early I would have booked my flights for November instead. My partner is ecstatic that she will be with her family for Christmas...

Oh, just realised yours was granted yesterday, bloody hell, that's awesome, we might still be December hopefully, that's great news for Christmas, bet the family as ecstatic...........I had Christmas 2011 sat on Miami Beach cooking snags and kangaroo kebabs and Prawns, then I done Roast Beef, Yorkshire Puds and Spuds for the evening. :-)

It's been a mental few weeks @Wan2go! Spent the end of August in Perth with Benn before flying back to the UK and being welcomed by my new, and very first, baby niece. Unfortunately she's poorly and still in NICU 7 weeks later so have been spending lots of time there and working. It's been quite a distraction to say the least!

I bet you are SO SO SOOOO excited!! That weekend you had must have been hell!!!

Can anyone with kids who've applied tell me if they've been granted their permanent 100 visas around the same 8-9 month mark or are these visas taking longer? I was really hoping we would get granted around the 9 month mark but remembered last night that as we've got two kids my partner is eligible for the permanent visa straight away. Are there taking longer to process anyone know?

Can anyone with kids who've applied tell me if they've been granted their permanent 100 visas around the same 8-9 month mark or are these visas taking longer? I was really hoping we would get granted around the 9 month mark but remembered last night that as we've got two kids my partner is eligible for the permanent visa straight away. Are there taking longer to process anyone know?

Having children together does not make any difference to the processing time, doesn't speed it up or slow it down. Your application is in the queue and it moves along as do all the others. Mine took 7 months or so back when they were running at around 9 months. We'd been married 8 years and had a child together. I got PR from the off.

If you've got kids together then yes, I'd think it would be straight to PR. Assuming this is from a low risk country.

Having children together does not make any difference to the processing time, doesn't speed it up or slow it down. Your application is in the queue and it moves along as do all the others. Mine took 7 months or so back when they were running at around 9 months. We'd been married 8 years and had a child together. I got PR from the off.

If you've got kids together then yes, I'd think it would be straight to PR. Assuming this is from a low risk country.

@snifter, does straight to PR only happen if your married, or does defacto come into it also? My Australian OH and I have 4 children between us, we are planning to tie the knot, but when we are in Australia.

Cheers MT

@snifter, does straight to PR only happen if your married, or does defacto come into it also? My Australian OH and I have 4 children between us, we are planning to tie the knot, but when we are in Australia.

Cheers MT

De facto will go straight to PR also.

Its X amount of years as a couple or having children together (and together a year or some such iirc).

Eurgh. In UK, waiting for a 309/100, which I applied for on 15 April. (If I'm reading the current wait times right, I should get grant in January or February). I did my medical in August, and got a police check in May.

We're travelling out to Australia in two weeks for a long Christmas holiday with the family.

My eVisitor 600 visa ran out earlier this month. I've travelled twice to Australia over the past twelve months, for a total of less than two weeks. I reapplied for a new eVisitor 600 on the (Aussie) morning of 3 November. It's now the (Aussie) end of 5 November, and not had a new eVisitor visa yet, which I'm a bit worried about: doesn't it normally just take one day?

When should I panic a little?