SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Mine didnt say anything at all, i just got an automated email!

It did say not to do my medicals until 15 December though, you sure yours didnt say @Jen44? Ive already done mine though, I was told during another application that they can be extended by 6 months anyways!

Where does it say medicals can be extended? And who decides to extend them, CO's?

I believe it's up to you CO's discretion wether it can be extended. Don't think it's necessary to go have your medical again when you still have 6 months left on it. Just wait and see what happens. Most likely the visa will be through before 12 months.

I believe it's up to you CO's discretion wether it can be extended. Don't think it's necessary to go have your medical again when you still have 6 months left on it. Just wait and see what happens. Most likely the visa will be through before 12 months.

Yeah I'm going to, it's not particularly clearly stated anywhere that you should wait to do your medical until you actually lodge the visa, otherwise I would have waited. It would be good if maybe the clinics involved could save us the bother and ask when our visa is due to work out the best time to do it, but then I guess visa times are just getting longer and longer so who knows!

The thing is you don't actually know the process at all until they e-mail you. Wether all your information is needed before lodging application. How quickly you need to compile the documents. I think it's understandable to try get everything you can ready as soon as possible.

The thing is you don't actually know the process at all until they e-mail you. Wether all your information is needed before lodging application. How quickly you need to compile the documents. I think it's understandable to try get everything you can ready as soon as possible.

Very much agreed!

Yea the process isnt clear at all! And it doesnt say anywhere not to do them before you apply, I did it three months before I did my onshore applciation. Thats when they told me they could extend them by 6 months cuz the onshore application is an even longer processing time! My Medicals had expired before I got my decsion!

Hi there, two quick questions that I wondered if anyone has had similar experience of:

first is that we've not heard from a case officer despite submitting my husband's (offshore) partner visa online on 21st June (to the London High Commission). We received a standard email the next day confirming the application was received and payment was taken, but no mention of a case officer. How long does it usually take to hear from a case officer?

second question is on the sponsor's form - we completed it online, rather than scanning and uploading a PDF of the paper form we originally completed. The form is still showing though on the list of possible documents we could still upload. Just a bit worried I'm expected to still upload the scan, despite already having completed the online form...

Thanks for any advice!

Just an update on my first question in case anyone else was in the same boat - we received an email a couple of days ago confirming a case officer was dealing with the application, so worrying over (for now!).

I think the medical should be valid for longer & should get it done before applying. I worry bout it... U apply for yr visa, pay all that money, wait 5/6 mths, have yr medical, then what if something shows up u didn't even know about??? And they say sorry u didn't pass the medical!!!! Yr whole life & dreams come crashing down around u!!! Not that I think anything is wrong, I'm fit & healthy but that could happen!!

Oh I'm a happy sole this morning!!!!! :biglaugh:

Yea the process isnt clear at all! And it doesnt say anywhere not to do them before you apply, I did it three months before I did my onshore applciation. Thats when they told me they could extend them by 6 months cuz the onshore application is an even longer processing time! My Medicals had expired before I got my decsion!

I did my medical June 3rd, and we lodged the visa June 11th. If this visa only takes the 10 months it's taking at the moment, it should be fine.....

Afternoon All

After reading the last few pages, i just don't get why people get their Police checks and Medicals before they have applied or requested to do so. It does state on the website not too !!

We applied on the 31/12/14 for a 309 Partner visa, case officer was appointed with in a few weeks and they requested medical and police to be done after 30th June, As medical are ONLY valid for 1 year from date of issue we emailed the case officer to see when the latest we can do these " as long as they are received no later than 31st September you wont miss your allotted grant Period", she also said it doesn't matter if you these the first day after they have requested you WONT get granted any quicker.

Wife has just gone for her Medical Yesterday and we are waiting on police check to arrive - 8 months after applying. means when we get granted we will have plenty of time remaining to enter and activate visa's.

Also, my police check is taking 14 weeks. If I had applied for it in June as requested, and then fingerprints get rejected (which it did), and have to start another 14 week process, youd be waiting much longer than 10 months of so for the grant.

I applied for the pcc in March and still no closer to knowing if I have an acceptable set of fingerprints in the fbis hands

Afternoon All

After reading the last few pages, i just don't get why people get their Police checks and Medicals before they have applied or requested to do so. It does state on the website not too !!

We applied on the 31/12/14 for a 309 Partner visa, case officer was appointed with in a few weeks and they requested medical and police to be done after 30th June, As medical are ONLY valid for 1 year from date of issue we emailed the case officer to see when the latest we can do these " as long as they are received no later than 31st September you wont miss your allotted grant Period", she also said it doesn't matter if you these the first day after they have requested you WONT get granted any quicker.

Wife has just gone for her Medical Yesterday and we are waiting on police check to arrive - 8 months after applying. means when we get granted we will have plenty of time remaining to enter and activate visa's.

Snowy whilst I appreciate your comments there are a lot of people here who could probably do without hearing it. It's hard and stressful enough to apply for, spend thousands on, and then have to wait months to hear about a decision that is going to change your life either way. On top of that, my fiancé is 14,000km across the globe so having to go through it APART makes me quite sensitive to comments which I think may have been better left unsaid. As you can tell if you go back pages and pages, most of the discussions that go on here are either questions and those of support. This is what we are here for, to support each other through this ridiculously stressful time, not to put downers on each other. So yeah, thanks for that!

I know it doesn't mean you will get your visa any quicker whether you do them at the beginning or the end of submission, but everyone's personal circumstances are different. I certainly don't live within close vicinity to a clinic, the nearest is over 2 hours away from me so I went and sorted it out at a time that was convenient to me, my work and my financial position, and confirmed good to do so by immi over the phone. If it comes to December and I HAVE to redo it then fine, nothing will stop me, but either way I am lucky enough to be in the position that as soon as that grant comes through I will be getting on the next available flight so it will activate asap.

At least one of us has done everything by the book, hey.

Totally relate to you GooseRenders! Being on the other side of the world from your partner is hard and stressful especially when you're being told the long process time involved. Am in the same boat. :(

We panicked when we realised that the police checks and medical will expire within 12 months however we have been assured by our migration agent that we can extend this by 6 months when the time comes. My Police check was completed prior to application lodgement and medical over a month after being lodged. Am hoping that we won't need to.

Keep your chin up! All we can do is keep busy and begin sorting out our UK affairs till the wonderful day we're told our visa is granted.

Totally relate to you GooseRenders! Being on the other side of the world from your partner is hard and stressful especially when you're being told the long process time involved. Am in the same boat. :(

We panicked when we realised that the police checks and medical will expire within 12 months however we have been assured by our migration agent that we can extend this by 6 months when the time comes. My Police check was completed prior to application lodgement and medical over a month after being lodged. Am hoping that we won't need to.

Keep your chin up! All we can do is keep busy and begin sorting out our UK affairs till the wonderful day we're told our visa is granted.

Nice to know there are other people in the same boat isn't it! I'm off to see my boy on Wednesday for 2 weeks. It can't come quick enough!!!

Edited by GooseRenders

I'm sorry if i can across wrong that wasn't my intention and it doesn't read like that either.

What i was trying to point out to People is to wait until your asked to go for medicals and then you don't have to worry about them expiring before your granted, that's not putting a downer on anyone at all.

Stressful don't tell me about it, i have been trying to get my wife and our 4 children to Australia for 3 years, and we have spent thousands and thousands in court, to get an order to let us take 2 of the children due to my ex not allowing them to go....!!!!

I think the medical should be valid for longer & should get it done before applying. I worry bout it... U apply for yr visa, pay all that money, wait 5/6 mths, have yr medical, then what if something shows up u didn't even know about??? And they say sorry u didn't pass the medical!!!! Yr whole life & dreams come crashing down around u!!! Not that I think anything is wrong, I'm fit & healthy but that could happen!!

Oh I'm a happy sole this morning!!!!! :biglaugh:

True, but when I did my medical in January, the doctor told me that only 0.5% of people don't pass the criteria to get the visa.... !

I'm sorry if i can across wrong that wasn't my intention and it doesn't read like that either.

What i was trying to point out to People is to wait until your asked to go for medicals and then you don't have to worry about them expiring before your granted, that's not putting a downer on anyone at all.

Stressful don't tell me about it, i have been trying to get my wife and our 4 children to Australia for 3 years, and we have spent thousands and thousands in court, to get an order to let us take 2 of the children due to my ex not allowing them to go....!!!!

Where did you find the information telling us to wait before doing the medical? Had a look back at my correspondence with my immi account and can't see anything prior to being assigned my CO. And when I initially logged in it stated I'll need the medical and police checks with no timeframe.

For me it doesn't matter as my flight is booked, I arrive before my medical lapses and I can get another in Australia if necessary. But I do think it's something people applying should be aware of. I think I pay attention to detail and my wife definitely does and both of us missed it.

Nice one getting your application in before the increase in cost snowy!

Ok thanks for taking the time to reply and explain. Much appreciated! :)

Apologies for being snappy!

Where did you find the information telling us to wait before doing the medical? Had a look back at my correspondence with my immi account and can't see anything prior to being assigned my CO. And when I initially logged in it stated I'll need the medical and police checks with no timeframe.

For me it doesn't matter as my flight is booked, I arrive before my medical lapses and I can get another in Australia if necessary. But I do think it's something people applying should be aware of. I think I pay attention to detail and my wife definitely does and both of us missed it.

When you apply for your 309 from the UK, even though you apply through the IMMI Account your application will be processed by the London office. here is the link to the information http://uk.embassy.gov.au/lhlh/immi_health.html

Yeah we were lucky we got the approval from the courts on the 29th December, so we managed o get the application in before fees went up and if you didnt know they have increased again in July.... Silly money now.

Clients applying at the London office will be advised of the health requirement once they have lodged an application. It is no longer possible for clients to undertake medicals or radiological examinations before lodging an application.

Once you have lodged an application your case officer will advise if any examinations need to be undertaken. If you are required to undertake a medical and/or radiological examination you must attend a panel doctor/radiologist designated by the Australian Government. Details of panel doctors and radiologists can be found through the links below.

Clients applying at the London office will be advised of the health requirement once they have lodged an application. It is no longer possible for clients to undertake medicals or radiological examinations before lodging an application.

Once you have lodged an application your case officer will advise if any examinations need to be undertaken. If you are required to undertake a medical and/or radiological examination you must attend a panel doctor/radiologist designated by the Australian Government. Details of panel doctors and radiologists can be found through the links below.

Thanks snowy, I applied online straight through the immigration government website which is the route I think other people have gone down. Probably why we're given less information. But only went for medical and police check after going into my immi account.

Glad the London office says not to go before application. But still doesn't tell us to wait till our CO tells us [emoji4]