SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Just testing...is this thread not working any more???

Yes its still working. Just no one has been posting to it for a few days. No biggie, it happens.

Hi all

Thought id add my prospective marriage visa status to this thread.

Application sent 16 th October 2013, medical and police check front loaded

Money taken 23th October (first day of processing)

Email from CO (WP) requesting one more piece of info which was email promptly.

Email back saying 'thanks for further info requested, will be in contact when due to finalize application, 8-9 months.

Not heard anymore.

Going through the notions everyday but the wait seems to be getting easier as time draws near. The excitment days seem to be outnumbering the low days now. Everyday is a day nearer to being reunited to my too perfect Boys.

This site and its people gives me focus on the everyday issues of moving to Australia not just wether or not we will get visa grant. Might not post a lot but am reading lots of fellow poms posts :smile:

Thanks Guy

Edited by Straya Babe

Just testing...is this thread not working any more???

Hey Cosi, I see that you've applied on the 16th October, so just a week after me (9th).. Who'z your CO? Have you had any contact with him/her after meds/police check? The wait's killing us and there's not been many grants since last few weeks.. wonder what's happening..

Hey Cosi, I see that you've applied on the 16th October, so just a week after me (9th).. Who'z your CO? Have you had any contact with him/her after meds/police check? The wait's killing us and there's not been many grants since last few weeks.. wonder what's happening..

Hello

The wait is terrible isn't it, bless you both. Not many posting their grants are there. Maybe not many to be processed or something, or they are capped till June. Think most people are getting their grants around the 8 month mark.

X

Ps my co is WP who's yours dia2499

Edited by Straya Babe

Hello

The wait is terrible isn't it, bless you both. Not many posting their grants are there. Maybe not many to be processed or something, or they are capped till June. Think most people are getting their grants around the 8 month mark.

X

Ps my co is WP who's yours dia2499

Hi Straya.. My CO is DP and the last contact I had with him was after the meds were submitted; he confirmed that the meds were fine and now it's just a waiting game.. It's taking the full 8 months now.. I was hoping a May grant but now I think it'll be June.. :-(

Hi Straya.. My CO is DP and the last contact I had with him was after the meds were submitted; he confirmed that the meds were fine and now it's just a waiting game.. It's taking the full 8 months now.. I was hoping a May grant but now I think it'll be June.. :-(

Hey Dia

Yes from what am reading from other people posts on the partner visa application which is pretty much the same as our pmv application that's its taking 8 months. Am going to email my co in June for an update. I haven't emailed him since November with my wedding dresses receipt which he didn't request I just thought every little helps so sent it. One person said they emailed just after the 8 month mark to see how their application going and got their grant the same day!

The wait is bad, I phone or skype everyday. Seeing my soon to be stepson growing up right before my eyes really hurts, his teeth have grown and his smile is amazing to see. Am missing out on his football games and he is soon starting tennis up. I miss my man too, we seem to be stuck in ground hog day. But this month is passing quickly for me. Just throw myself into work and sleep when am not there. I seem to have shut down to life to be honest, must be bodies copping mechanism.

Keep ya chin up, soon be back with your man Christmas shopping or something and looking back. Imagine your meeting at airport! Think about the future I find that heps a lot

X

Hey Dia

Yes from what am reading from other people posts on the partner visa application which is pretty much the same as our pmv application that's its taking 8 months. Am going to email my co in June for an update. I haven't emailed him since November with my wedding dresses receipt which he didn't request I just thought every little helps so sent it. One person said they emailed just after the 8 month mark to see how their application going and got their grant the same day!

The wait is bad, I phone or skype everyday. Seeing my soon to be stepson growing up right before my eyes really hurts, his teeth have grown and his smile is amazing to see. Am missing out on his football games and he is soon starting tennis up. I miss my man too, we seem to be stuck in ground hog day. But this month is passing quickly for me. Just throw myself into work and sleep when am not there. I seem to have shut down to life to be honest, must be bodies copping mechanism.

Keep ya chin up, soon be back with your man Christmas shopping or something and looking back. Imagine your meeting at airport! Think about the future I find that heps a lot

X

Hey Straya... thanks so much for your post.. this forum has helped me a lot to stay focussed and not lose hope; We Skype everyday twice.. there's a 10 hour time difference so it's difficult but somehow we manage! It's been more than 8 months that we have been apart.. my partner had to return to Oz for work commitments.. he visited twice in between though.. really good times :-) We keep telling ourselves that the hard part is over (5.5 months into the waiting game).. only 2.5 months more... What you said is so true... discussing and imagining the future does help a lot... planning trips and Christmas :-)

Keep in touch.. our applications are just a week apart, so might be processed together.. btw which part of Oz your moving to? I'll be moving to Brisbane...

Enjoy ur Skype sessions... hope everything works out soon.. for both of us.. xxxxx

Hey Straya... thanks so much for your post.. this forum has helped me a lot to stay focussed and not lose hope; We Skype everyday twice.. there's a 10 hour time difference so it's difficult but somehow we manage! It's been more than 8 months that we have been apart.. my partner had to return to Oz for work commitments.. he visited twice in between though.. really good times :-) We keep telling ourselves that the hard part is over (5.5 months into the waiting game).. only 2.5 months more... What you said is so true... discussing and imagining the future does help a lot... planning trips and Christmas :-)

Keep in touch.. our applications are just a week apart, so might be processed together.. btw which part of Oz your moving to? I'll be moving to Brisbane...

Enjoy ur Skype sessions... hope everything works out soon.. for both of us.. xxxxx

Hey

We got simlar time scale. I came back from Australia end of August 2013. I haven't seen my boys since then and won't till we get our grant. Am moving back to Mudgeerba hour south of Brisbane. 20 minutes from the beaches and coast. Lovely little town, more like a village how its spread out, I love living there.

We are planning all the time, really miss sea fishing and going camping and hunting in bush. Just so excited to go back!! It makes me happy thinking of the good times and even happier thinking to special times ahead. Can't wait to get married to my man, he's perfect for me in so many ways, shame I met Mr Right on the other side of the world LOL We plan to get married on the beach and my family flying out too. Can't really plan much for wedding as don't know exactly when it will be, we got date penciled in for application but am sure that will change, cutting it a bit fine with regards to getting grant and flying back. Don't want to rush the planning has to be perfect. Oooo just writing about it makes me excited!

Keep in touch

X

My co is LG I have not heard from her since the meds and a cheeky request for an updated time frame. Reply was 8-9 months of course!

Was hoping for the end of May too but I'm not planning for a flight at the end of June. Gives me a few more weeks to spend with family so it is ok. Waiting has been a bigger stress and frustration then I imagined but it seems easier now it's getting closer. Dreaming of sun and trying surfing gets me through work! We are going to Sydney

Hi Peeps,

My PMV application date was October 17th so looks like we are all around the same time! My CO is DP and he has been quite good. Nothing further has been requested and Police check is in, plus have my medical on saturday ( not looking forward to that dreaded blood test due to a lifelong fear of needles!!) Im glad the wife to be appreciates the lengths i have gone to haha.

I guess we all just have to be positive and not clock watch, i have to say its much easier now than the first few months although we are meeting in 3 weeks in Thailand so that softens the blow ;)

Roll on June/July and get me on that first flight to Sydney!!

Good luck everyone

Rich

Hi Peeps,

My PMV application date was October 17th so looks like we are all around the same time! My CO is DP and he has been quite good. Nothing further has been requested and Police check is in, plus have my medical on saturday ( not looking forward to that dreaded blood test due to a lifelong fear of needles!!) Im glad the wife to be appreciates the lengths i have gone to haha.

I guess we all just have to be positive and not clock watch, i have to say its much easier now than the first few months although we are meeting in 3 weeks in Thailand so that softens the blow ;)

Good luck everyone

Rich

Hey Owliswise (nice name hehehe)

My CO is DP and yes he has been really good; we have not disturbed him either; just checked with him after my meds and he confirmed that they were fine.. where you going for your meds? Mine was at Cardiff Spire and the doc was brilliant... didn't feel a thing during my blood test :-)

I have not seen my man since Christmas and the wait is becoming unbearable now.. hoping for an early June grant..

Enjoy Thailand with your missus (to be) and then when you return it'll be nearly time for our grants... Good luck xx

Hey Owliswise (nice name hehehe)

My CO is DP and yes he has been really good; we have not disturbed him either; just checked with him after my meds and he confirmed that they were fine.. where you going for your meds? Mine was at Cardiff Spire and the doc was brilliant... didn't feel a thing during my blood test :-)

I have not seen my man since Christmas and the wait is becoming unbearable now.. hoping for an early June grant..

Enjoy Thailand with your missus (to be) and then when you return it'll be nearly time for our grants... Good luck xx

I have my medical in Manchester so I'm travelling from leeds early Saturday so not too bad, although id drive to Oz if it wasn't going to hurt haha.

I've not seen my missus since October 7th so it's been a long wait, but we have been like this for 4 years and she used to live in NZ! We generally see each other every 3/4/5 months but now my step daughter is at school they can't come and brave the UK cold as often! It's not been a cheap 4 years but is worth every penny...dollar and baht! Thank god for Skype, Viber and FaceTime!!

Just stick with it, keep busy and the time will fly. As me and my little family always say " it doesn't matter how long it takes as we've got the next 60 years together to drive each other nuts"!!

Hi Peeps,

Good luck everyone

Rich

Hey hello!

Another October applicant. Bloody oath! I will be on next flight too! Its getting so close for us all now, we got a big chunk of waiting done! Am very excited! Fingers and toes crossed for both of you. At least we got bit of time to get a tan before we fly.

Keep your progress posted

Goodluck! :smile:

Hi all.

Been a member for a few months now and have been following your journeys. Congratulations to those people that have had their visas granted recently, you must be over the moon. I am an Aus citizen and my boyfriend (applied for the defacto 309/100 visa) and our daughter (Aus citizen by descent). Our application went in 30th July 2013 so getting close to our 8 month mark, starting to get nervous now. It feels like we have been waiting forever.

Does anybody know, if the application was going to be declined, would they have done it in the beginning? There is no reason for his application to be rejected but can't help feeling nervous :)

Hi Everyone,

I have emailed my CO today regarding my application and I got quick response that " My application will be finalised in the next few days". I applied on 2nd of July 2013 with the London office. The waiting is absolutely terrible.... Are there any other applicants from the end of June or begging of July???

All the best for all of us still waiting...

Mary

Hi Hayley,

I think there is nothing to worry about your visa. If they have any questions they usually ask at the begging of the process when you place your application. The waiting is the worse....we all have to queue and wait for our turn. I'm waiting myself as well, I'm from the 2nd of July. Let's just stay positive :-)

Hi Hayley,

I think there is nothing to worry about your visa. If they have any questions they usually ask at the begging of the process when you place your application. The waiting is the worse....we all have to queue and- wait for our turn. I'm waiting myself as well, I'm from the 2nd of July. Let's just stay positive :-)

Hi all

I always ask myself this, if they weren't gonna give you a visa why make you wait? Wouldn't they just tell you from start?

Hi Hayley,

I think there is nothing to worry about your visa. If they have any questions they usually ask at the begging of the process when you place your application. The waiting is the worse....we all have to queue and wait for our turn. I'm waiting myself as well, I'm from the 2nd of July. Let's just stay positive :-)

Thank you Marycurr. Fingers crossed we will all be in Oz soon :)

Can't imagine what I would do if they said no!! So I don't imagine LOL You should be hearing very soon. What part of Aus you going back to?

I think I would cry ha ha ha. We're going to Perth. My parents are there and we will be staying with them till we are on our feet. Where are you off to?

I agree with you 100% but ....you can't help to wonder because it takes so long

Haven't got a clue why it takes so long either. Back log of applications? Seeing if your relationship can stand the time apart? Many reason go through my mind. Can't be capped as Marycurr has said hers is finalized in next few days, lucky Lady!

I think I would cry ha ha ha. We're going to Perth. My parents are there and we will be staying with them till we are on our feet. Where are you off to?

Hour drive south of Brisbane, Mudgeerba. Lovely small town, 20 minutes from beaches. I love it there. 20 minutes drive west and you are in rainforest. Such a beautiful place to live.

Goodluck with it all and keep us up to date with your progress x