CSA child support agency payments in oz

Sea breeze

I have a letter from the CSA in the UK, sent to me in Australia, dated 27/11/2008, and I quote:

"We have closed your case.....

... We have made this decision because;

you have moved overseas and are outside of the Agency's jurisdiction"

I have also recently phoned them and asked the question, and they have given the same answer.

Just another point in case that the CSA in the UK have no idea as to what they are doing, nor do they understand their own rules.

I aree that people should check for themselves, but what more 'due diligence' can anyone do than having it in writing?

Yes absolutly yes ,the Ex can go to Remo and get a reciprical order that allows for the CSA in Australia to take payments from the absent parent who is resident in Australia. Yes the CSA in the UK has no more dealings which is why they closed the case, but your ex can now apply via the courts where she has to swear on the bible a declaration that you owe money and that you are now living in Australia. You will have to pay if she does this. But yes you are right the CSA UK are really bad at passing on this information and I lost out on two years money because of it. They can only deal with the application on the date it is recieved not back date it. The CSA told me there was nothing I could do to get the money and sent me a letter much like yours then I was advised some two years later that they had informed me wrongly, so I can catagorically tell you that if she goes to Remo and follows the procedure you WILL have to pay!

Not u personally Sean, my partner pays csa and has done since they parted. he would do any thing to have contact etc and has put his money where his mouth is court and soliceters cost £3,000 and he is no closer.... we did try the direct approach birthday gifts his ex threw them on the front garden and set them on fire with a cigarette. the last time she came round and tried to kick the front door in monday just gone (and yes this is a regular occurence) she was screaming through the letter box how she has taught his son to hate daddy and kill daddy nice x

I understand how things are my husband ex was probably just as bad i had her coming round making threats and even told Social Services that I was abusing her children ( 1 of which was living with us) so I totally understand how some ex's can be !!!

My ex -husband on the other hand emergrated 2 oz when my children wer 15 and stopped paying the CSA as he was no longer required to by law. As pointed out before they are still his children but due to the problems maybe it would be an idea to open an account in the childr3ens names and transfer money to them that way, just a thought.

Good Luck

Lynne xx

Archived