Say Something Ugly about Australia

Bod

Think it's a public service announcement, informing that there is violence and crime everywhere???

Because he thinks that some people think that one or other of the countries is perfect paradise.

It's just his 'honest opinion' though, and where would we all be if he didn't give it???????

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But

I feeel sorry for people who are so insecure that they can't move on with their lives, once they have physically changed their surroundings, but their minds are still stuck in the other place. How insecure must you be to have to seek constant qualification that you have made the right choices in your life? You must be worried about what people think of you.

From my experience, the things I have missed when living in other countries are not the things that make me want to live here permanently. They are trivial superficial things that I 'miss' but can easily live without. The qualitites I have in my life that I appreciate and that I value are not enhanced by the inclusion of these trivial superficialities.

But

But thanks for your concern, not that it is any business of yours. I post my opinions just as other people do, and people can take them or leave them, just as I do other people's posts.

Whether you think me a whinger or not has no impact on my life or decisions, as I do not consider you an 'expert' about my life.

And I don't ever refer to UK/Britain/England as 'the Mother Land'

Memories are in the mind and going back to 'search' for them will never bring happiness.

Glad you're happy with the decisions you have made in your life, I have no desire to influence them. :hug:

errrrrrrrrr

errrrrrrr what?

what? what? what?

Are you making a point? Are you looking for an argument? What?

You relly should not get irrate.

When using the internet It's very easy to seem cool and not give the Inpression that somone has raffled your fethers.

No one can see you.

Guest TheArmChairDetective
Hello Arm Chair.

So don't really know about "us"

I wonder if you will when it suits:smile:

You relly should not get irrate.

When using the internet It's very easy to seem cool and not give the Inpression that somone has raffled your fethers.

No one can see you.

I really am not irrate.

No one has ruffled my feathers

I simply have no idea what you're posts are about.

But, as you started this thread, and it is in 'moving back to the UK'

I'll leave now.

Please find another playmate!!!!!

Surely it's to create as much anti oz feeling as possible in the hope that it spoils others dreams?

I really am not irrate.

No one has ruffled my feathers

But, as you started this thread, and it is in 'moving back to the UK'

I'll leave now.

Please find another playmate!!!!![/quote]

Funny you should say that."Armchair has just turned up.

Are you suggesting me and Mylady are having shananigans?

I think that might be the case, yes.

Guest treesea

Mad, crazy, heat affected flies, that cover people's backs - their speciality is white male shirts - in the summer, or chase people down the street. 12-2 should be siesta time in Australia, just to deprive the insect life of their sport. Cicadas that never shut up, not even at night. Insects in Britain are too interested in the abundant, right on our doorstep, countryside to bother with the bits of land that we squash all our people into.

Nosy, rude people who ask very personal questions. Moths in the pantry, ants on the benchtop, horrid humidity making me itch, dirty trains, rude public servants, crap supermarkets, V8 cars, four wheel drive vehicles in City streets, bad language, rude people, too far from UK, noisy birds (of the feathered variety - no sorry - also the 'human' variety!!), cheaply built houses, boring suburbs, revolting pubs, rough people............

Nosy, rude people who ask very personal questions. Moths in the pantry, ants on the benchtop, horrid humidity making me itch, dirty trains, rude public servants, crap supermarkets, V8 cars, four wheel drive vehicles in City streets, bad language, rude people, too far from UK, noisy birds (of the feathered variety - no sorry - also the 'human' variety!!), cheaply built houses, boring suburbs, revolting pubs, rough people............

Please can you clarify is that two V fingers to Australia.

Guest RooRoo

I totally agree with all of the above, thats why we can't wait to go back in October. The other thing that you forgot to mention was the amount of pregnant women here with 4/5 kids in tow looking as though they can't afford to feed one let alone a whole tribe of them. And also the high vis t-shirts that seems to be standard fashion sense here.

When am I going back???? Hmmmmm big question... I have lived here nearly 13 years - bought house have pets (and boyfriend of 10 years - who would not fit in in UK) have option - mother is buying beautiful house in North Wales and will accept my pets ... stayed with her recently - loved it - am originally from Worcestershire - would love to hear from anyone who is on the brink - I have been here too long to comment on anyone should return after a short time or those that are thinking of coming - Australia has some lovely scenery -I love all the plants, animals, (for those new people who are coming over - yes there are poisonous spiders but as long as you're savvy to that you would be OK) - at the moment - I am hoping to win Lotto tonight so then I will be in the fortunate position of keeping my house - which I love and the garden is BEAUTIFUL and its cooled down heaps now - so I would like to hear from people who have been here a while and who are torn.. you know what I mean.......

When am I going back???? Hmmmmm big question... I have lived here nearly 13 years - bought house have pets (and boyfriend of 10 years - who would not fit in in UK) have option - mother is buying beautiful house in North Wales and will accept my pets ... stayed with her recently - loved it - am originally from Worcestershire - would love to hear from anyone who is on the brink - I have been here too long to comment on anyone should return after a short time or those that are thinking of coming - Australia has some lovely scenery -I love all the plants, animals, (for those new people who are coming over - yes there are poisonous spiders but as long as you're savvy to that you would be OK) - at the moment - I am hoping to win Lotto tonight so then I will be in the fortunate position of keeping my house - which I love and the garden is BEAUTIFUL and its cooled down heaps now - so I would like to hear from people who have been here a while and who are torn.. you know what I mean.......

I think you need to give it longer. You should let the dust settle before making such rash statments about Australia.

As for you boyfreind maybe put him on a diet, then at least try to see if he'll fit in.

Good Luck John

No I didn't mean 'two fingers to Australia' I actually like the place - just think I would be happier back in UK - I meant those horrible V8 engine cars that quite a lot of people like to drive around where I live - neighbour decided to take his for a spin up and down cul de sac at 4am last Sunday morning - would have liked to have told him to have a bit of thought for people who may be asleep at this time - but he is a huge Maori bloke - and was worse for drink!!!

October, lucky you - I was originally thinking October - but have to wait now for dogs injuections so I can get the AQIS certificate so that they don't have to go into quarantine.

Yes agree about single mum thing - get a lot of that round here where I live - every time they have a child they get $$ from the Government - nice incentive - saw a young girl in bottle shop with a new born and a group of youths - stocking up on alcohol - lovely - guess this sort of stuff happens in parts of UK too though - I just find it more noticeable where I live - let me tell you a visit to the local mall is indeed an eye opener!!!

I think you need to give it longer. You should let the dust settle before making such rash statments about Australia.

As for you boyfreind maybe put him on a diet, then at least try to see if he'll fit in.

Good Luck John

If my boyfriend lost any weight he would be 'skeletal' - what I meant is he would hate the weather - he wears a sweater unless its over 26 degrees and won't let me have aircon on when its 30 plus 'cos of the $$... he can't understand why I would want to leave - what he is really saying is that it wouldn't suit him if I left 'cos I own the house and pay most of the bills.... he would have to go back to his mother - I find a lot of Aussie males are very dependent of us women - sorry sweeping statement - what I should say is that a lot I have met.....

Archived