Say Something Ugly about Australia

Bod

Guest Geordieinaus

worst thing about australia is the way the aussies talk...sounds like a clothes peg on their nose...If I hear 'how ya goin' again, I'll scream

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest TheArmChairDetective
worst thing about australia is the way the aussies talk...sounds like a clothes peg on their nose...If I hear 'how ya goin' again, I'll scream

But the aussie accent is derived from a cockney one isn't it?

Guest anson aussies

Del your wrong mate of course they are cockneys.

Im from East London.

Here goes Apples and Chairs - Hi How are you today cowboy?

Nuff Said

I dont see how. :elvis:

Well, maybe all them cockneyt convicts might have something to do with it, but also if you go to londo and listen to an aussie and a cockney accented couple having a conversation, they sound very very similar, except one has a clothes peg on their nose:biggrin:

Guest 0405delboy
Well, maybe all them cockneyt convicts might have something to do with it, but also if you go to londo and listen to an aussie and a cockney accented couple having a conversation, they sound very very similar, except one has a clothes peg on their nose:biggrin:

Were all the convicts from London? :err:

Guest 0405delboy
North and South?

Who knows that 1?

Mouth?

I called someone a tealeaf the other day and they gave me a silly giggle - because they didnt really know what it meant.

It was just some coffee from the office, no great heist! :policeman:

Were all the convicts from London? :err:

Only on a rugby day:smile:

Boat Race - Cucumber

That's a REALLY ugly thing to say about Australia.

ok this is my first post and it might look a bit off immediately saying ugly things about oz, but i'm really pissed off at the moment and to be honest my life is so boring and my mind has become so vacant from being here 2 years i can't think of anything else to say at the moment

anyway the things that has really got me down is the social scene(more like lack of it)

it's cliquey beyond belief, social circles are too small, if you want to do something with people it has to be planned and organised well in advance and usually gets cancelled with a bull**** excuse

there is no randomness, no one does things just for the sake of it

also the old fashioned male/female segregation males sitting in one corner being typical blokes and girls in the other corner being girly (i miss having female mates)

blokes constantly talking about sport,cars and work

prudish barbie doll type women who think only bogans tell rude jokes

the feeling i always have to censor my sense of humour(especially around women) cos it will look weird or too complicated or offend people(sarcasm or sexual humour comes to mind)

trying to sometimes have an intellectual or deep conversation with someone and they completley switch off not knowing what to do or say and then talk about the usual everyday bull****

blokes acting all macho when they're together and then act all sensitive when they're in the company of women for fear of offending them

TOO laid back = can't be bothered, lack of stimulation, boring,sterile personalities i can't even remember the last time i had a seriously good laugh and i've also noticed there is almost no such thing as hysterical laughter in this place because nothing funny ever happens

also the expats who who keep saying aussies r friendlier than the english - correction they r more polite and laid back yes but FAR more cliquey and unsociable and getting into a circle is near impossible and if you do its a very bloody small one cos thats the way they prefer it

i live in the suburbs at the moment but will move to the city and fingers crossed i will be proved wrong!

as for everything else no complaints

Guest guest17301
ok this is my first post and it might look a bit off immediately saying ugly things about oz, but i'm really pissed off at the moment and to be honest my life is so boring and my mind has become so vacant from being here 2 years i can't think of anything else to say at the moment

anyway the things that has really got me down is the social scene(more like lack of it)

it's cliquey beyond belief, social circles are too small, if you want to do something with people it has to be planned and organised well in advance and usually gets cancelled with a bull**** excuse

there is no randomness, no one does things just for the sake of it

also the old fashioned male/female segregation males sitting in one corner being typical blokes and girls in the other corner being girly (i miss having female mates)

blokes constantly talking about sport,cars and work

prudish barbie doll type women who think only bogans tell rude jokes

the feeling i always have to censor my sense of humour(especially around women) cos it will look weird or too complicated or offend people(sarcasm or sexual humour comes to mind)

trying to sometimes have an intellectual or deep conversation with someone and they completley switch off not knowing what to do or say and then talk about the usual everyday bull****

blokes acting all macho when they're together and then act all sensitive when they're in the company of women for fear of offending them

TOO laid back = can't be bothered, lack of stimulation, boring,sterile personalities i can't even remember the last time i had a seriously good laugh and i've also noticed there is almost no such thing as hysterical laughter in this place because nothing funny ever happens

also the expats who who keep saying aussies r friendlier than the english - correction they r more polite and laid back yes but FAR more cliquey and unsociable and getting into a circle is near impossible and if you do its a very bloody small one cos thats the way they prefer it

i live in the suburbs at the moment but will move to the city and fingers crossed i will be proved wrong!

as for everything else no complaints

Sorry load of ****e, my aussie work mates are sarcy and love takin the p***- all in friendly, non threatening way. Very sociable..invites etc. As for sexual humour, lol...that happens in most workplaces oz or uk. it's all about individuals as opposed to nationalities

Sorry load of ****e, my aussie work mates are sarcy and love takin the p***- all in friendly, non threatening way. Very sociable..invites etc. As for sexual humour, lol...that happens in most workplaces oz or uk. it's all about individuals as oppsed to nationalities

it may very well be like that in pewrth but not in sydney i can assure you

Guest guest17301
it may very well be like that in pewrth but not in sydney i can assure you

Lol, u need to get out more mate! So everyone in Sydney has no sense of humour then?

Guest funkymonkey

And how long have you been in Australia again?

Another expert who's been here 5 minutes!!

Sorry load of ****e, my aussie work mates are sarcy and love takin the p***- all in friendly, non threatening way. Very sociable..invites etc. As for sexual humour, lol...that happens in most workplaces oz or uk. it's all about individuals as oppsed to nationalities

Guest Emmap
Lol, u need to get out more mate! So everyone in Sydney has no sense of humour then?

I got one!!!...i came back!! hahahahahahahha....hey, glad your loving your new life!!!!!

Hi

This is a thread for people to let off steam about Australia.If you dont like something about Australia please let us know.For those who have nothing bad to say about Australia please go to the thread (Say something nice about Australia).

My first bad point is the Kangaroo's make me go Dizzy when they bounce so much.

I personally hate all the whinging poms here, if you don't like here - See ya!!! go back to where you came from.(Not just poms any other nationality for that matter) Get over it and get on with your lives.:shocked:

Guest guest17301
And how long have you been in Australia again?

Another expert who's been here 5 minutes!!

And how long I've been here counts for???? Don't need a degree in sociology to know that people are different wherever u live- duh!!!!!!! Take it your mates are ****e then-shame x

Guest guest17301

Australia is the place to live if you are;

open minded

fun loving

flexible

adaptable

non judgemental

non materialistic

happy in your own skin

like a challenge

not a miserable b******

All others need not apply, lol xx

Australia is the place to live if you are;

open minded

fun loving

flexible

adaptable

non judgemental

non materialistic

happy in your own skin

like a challenge

not a miserable b******

All others need not apply, lol xx

And want to live in another country and don't expect it to be the same as the one you have come from....(because if you loved it that much surely you would have stayed....wouldn't you?) :wub:

Guest guest17301
And want to live in another country and don't expect it to be the same as the one you have come from....(because if you loved it that much surely you would have stayed....wouldn't you?) :wub:

Quite right. England is ****e..there I said it..now shoot me. I would be gutted if I had to go back. But if I did have to go back I wouldn't moan and whinge about it..I'd go try some place else!

Guest funkymonkey

Good gosh, your very aggressive and obviously don't have a degree in sociology??

And how long I've been here counts for???? Don't need a degree in sociology to know that people are different wherever u live- duh!!!!!!! Take it your mates are ****e then-shame x

Guest guest17301
Good gosh, your very aggressive and obviously don't have a degree in sociology??

No darling. I do have a degree in nursing though...you obviously have one in bullsh***Aggressive-moi! No no no...just don't like ignorance

Archived