Say Something Ugly about Australia

Bod

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest 5x4_inches

I love Oz, but they could be better at pubs, beer and proper football. But hey, it's not Britain and that's why I came here, so I am going to get off my fat Pom backside and enjoy the multitude of good things, 'cos its now the weekend!!!:biggrin:

Guest The McT's

lack of choice of brands in supermarkets, you want bug killer then..... its the mortein range or nowt...

& no prawn cocktail crisps (sorry to reopen old wounds for the crisp missers)

Guest earlswood
Hotter than a very hot thing!... My Dad who is 78, 'made' me go out to shop for the Adelaide Advertiser, so he could study the horses. No car, so, being British, and an experienced walker,(and inexeprienced tourist to OZ) I set off with my hat on,new trendy sunglasses, and bottle of water. At first I thought it was lovely. i was able to look at all the different houses, watch the postie on his moped, watch the bin lorry with the big electronic arm swipe the rubbish away! ...all new and exciting to me. By the time I got to Coles, Hope Valley, 15 minutes later, I didnt want to leave the cool of the shop! By the time I got back to house I was just happy to be alive!....it was then that I realised that it I was the only person in the streets who was walking and it was quiet because no one came out in that heat!!!! We always wondered why Charlie the dog barks when people leave the house... he was warning me!

:biglaugh: great post...as a hiker myself you are sooooo spot on!

Guest earlswood

And all the people who say ugly things about Australia.HAHAHA!!!!!

Do you know your young kids are on your computer at 10.39 at night ...:no:

I feeel sorry for people who are so insecure that they can't move on with their lives, once they have physically changed their surroundings, but their minds are still stuck in the other place. How insecure must you be to have to seek constant qualification that you have made the right choices in your life? You must be worried about what people think of you.

Guest earlswood

The drunk young chavs girls and boys who descended on Northbridge and Freemantle on a Friday and Saturday night spraying graffiti and abusing anyone who dared challenge them.

I feeel sorry for people who are so insecure that they can't move on with their lives, once they have physically changed their surroundings, but their minds are still stuck in the other place. How insecure must you be to have to seek constant qualification that you have made the right choices in your life? You must be worried about what people think of you.

The massive eye sore of a cement works that spews fine dust on everything in a 2 mile radius (it was actually on a programme of the worst buildings in Britain)

Sue x

The brand new massive ugly huge eyesore of a Asda superstore right slap bang in the centre of my town. Inside that Asda it will be full of history and culture, can't wait to get in there and learn. Oh no sorry that's the museum and art gallery now in its shadow.

Sue x

Town 'planning', cost of parking, public toilets, dog ****.

Sue x

Do you think when you are living in Australia you'll only remember all the wonderful things about the Mother Land.

Or do you think you'll still whinge????????????????

Guest barab
back on track..

Kylie, Rolf, Dame Edna.....

sorry should have been on the nice thread..

And they all live in Britain....Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.......HA HA !

Guest barab
I hated them last few grains of sand in the egg timer knowing it was time to exit the shower.

(QLD)

Mine lasted two days,when my 2 year old got hold of it,it smashed into a thousand pieces in the shower....very safe eh!!

Guest TheArmChairDetective
Hi

This is a thread for people to let off steam about Australia.If you dont like something about Australia please let us know..

Can you define "us" please?

Guest Mylady's O/H
Hi

My first bad point is the Kangaroo's make me go Dizzy when they bounce so much.

OH ....So,do you go dizzy when you :Randy-git:aswell ? lol

Hello Arm Chair.

Just a bit of cutting and pasting from Ugly about Britain. But very cunningly swapped Britain for Australia. So don't really know about "us"

Maybe ask MyLadys OH

Hello Arm Chair.

Just a bit of cutting and pasting from Ugly about Britain. But very cunningly swapped Britain for Australia. So don't really know about "us"

Maybe ask MyLadys OH

BinocularsStormJune22.png

Mr Arm Chair your Know where to be seen.

Are you Ok

Guest Mylady's O/H

Quote:

Originally Posted by ESSEX TO AUS viewpost.gif

Hello Arm Chair.

Maybe ask MyLadys OH

"US" More than one.Get it? yes,no,yes,no?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ESSEX TO AUS viewpost.gif

Hello Arm Chair.

Maybe ask MyLadys OH

"US" More than one.Get it? yes' date='no,yes,no?[/quote']

Well that explains it Mr Arm Chair

I beg your Pardon MyLady but somtimes you just have to spell it out to the Mods.

But please let stress I,noI,no

not sure mr Arm chair does.

Do you think when you are living in Australia you'll only remember all the wonderful things about the Mother Land.

Or do you think you'll still whinge????????????????

From my experience, the things I have missed when living in other countries are not the things that make me want to live here permanently. They are trivial superficial things that I 'miss' but can easily live without. The qualitites I have in my life that I appreciate and that I value are not enhanced by the inclusion of these trivial superficialities.

But thanks for your concern, not that it is any business of yours. I post my opinions just as other people do, and people can take them or leave them, just as I do other people's posts.

Whether you think me a whinger or not has no impact on my life or decisions, as I do not consider you an 'expert' about my life.

And I don't ever refer to UK/Britain/England as 'the Mother Land'

Memories are in the mind and going back to 'search' for them will never bring happiness.

Glad you're happy with the decisions you have made in your life, I have no desire to influence them. :hug:

Guest John Sydney

Aldo , I know you like a good wind up - but you have lost me this time

Can you spell it out for me, what does a Newspaper report from Edmonton Canada about a robbery in Edmonton Canada got to do with Australia or for that matter the UK

John

Archived