175-176 Case officers???

Guest Dionne and Rickie

Guest Dionne and Rickie

Our agent says that the 175 will be changed to 176 by DIAC once they get the SS paperwork through. No further DIAC forms should be needed. DIAC also say that there are no further fees to pay to them, although some states do charge for SS application, but this varies, and should be no more than $2-300. I reckon your agent has given you a bumsteer. WE HAVE NOT PAID ANOTHER PENNY!!!!

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are not using an agent and just filled the online form in for SS with WA. Took bout 1hr, quite easy and no fees to pay! Just waiting now to get the official form to sign so we can send back then they can lodge with DIAC. Hopefully it will come soon.

Does anyone know how long they are taking to process 176 at the mo?

Guest medim

in my case, i have not get a CO even after more than 1 month getting the state sponsorship. There is no guarantee that state sponsored applicant will get priority processing.

Guest Dionne and Rickie

We have used an agent but someone on here emailed us the form while we were waiting for the agent to get back to us my husband filled it in didn't take long at all and put a little letter with it why we want to move to Brisbane ect and i sent it off this morning by rocket lol suggested by Yorkshireclan, it has to be signed for and just cost £5 to send and they said it will be there in 4-5 days.

Hope this helps webwebbies.xx

We have used an agent but someone on here emailed us the form while we were waiting for the agent to get back to us my husband filled it in didn't take long at all and put a little letter with it why we want to move to Brisbane ect and i sent it off this morning by rocket lol suggested by Yorkshireclan, it has to be signed for and just cost £5 to send and they said it will be there in 4-5 days.

Hope this helps webwebbies.xx

Excellent news guys....LETS HOPE ITS A TWIN ENGINED ROCKET....

Keep us upto speed with any response..

Ditto..

Hi Webbies

Listen you might aswell apply, at the end of the day what harm can it do...

Your 175 is still lodged and waiting to be processed, but if you do get SS then at least its an option you have...

Best trying to cover all avenues...Goodluck..

Hi, can you tell me, if you apply for a 475 regional state sponsered visa (temporary)....My husbands job is only on this sponsered list for Queensland....Would you be able to run your 175 visa application alongside this? :confused:

We have applied for our 175 on 18th March, but due to worry of long delays & a son that will turn 18 in December 2010......We are seriously considering other options

Any help will be gratefully recieved

Kelly :v_SPIN:

We too are changing over to 176 SA, Going through our agent, On line application sent back to agent last night, Once she has checked it she is the forwarding it on to the state, So we will be waiting for confirmation fingers crossed some time Monday!!:wub:

We too are changing over to 176 SA, Going through our agent, On line application sent back to agent last night, Once she has checked it she is the forwarding it on to the state, So we will be waiting for confirmation fingers crossed some time Monday!!:wub:

Goodluck Dawny lets hope for good news..

Unlike SA , Qsld is post only....Looking for that "delivered ok" note come Monday from courier tracking...:jiggy:

Guest 2pigs3piglets

hi there can some one tell me in english,

we sent our ss off on tue 17th march our agent did it for us,

what happens next, what is this confirmation?

please help, simple terms please.

our aget is away for a week from know!

Hi T&A

Its just a conformation of delivery...i.e they've received it...

If going through an agent then i would expect conformation email will go straight to them...

Dont panic guys it'll get there...

Hi i will try and explain as it was explained to us lol,

Agent will confirm on monday that she has received application, and that she has forwarded it on to SA,

Then she will get confirmation that they have received it and will then tell us!

Fingers crossed SA, Offer us state sponsorship which will then be confirmed to us, vis agent (i think)

That is then lodged with Diac and we then should get confirmation email from Diac and more than likely our agent! (i think) Will double check with agent on monday!

I know we have to accept it and i also think we have to sign some papers, but don't quote me on that as im not at all sure!!

Good luck hun, let me know how you get on x

Goodluck Dawny lets hope for good news..

Unlike SA , Qsld is post only....Looking for that "delivered ok" note come Monday from courier tracking...:jiggy:

Good luck with your application, i really hope it all goes well for you, keep us posted x:smile:

Guest moving down under

We sent off applications to:

SA-March 21/09

WA-March 17/09

Qld-March 19/09

NT-March 18/09

QLD told us "Please be aware that it will take several weeks for us to acknowledge

your application and several months more to process."

Hope this helps.

Guest ellisa

Hi there all

We lodged our visa 176 29/01/09....state sponsership with Queensland Gov which took 3 weeks to go through, but that was over the xmas period so pretty good going!....CO appointed and meds requested 17/02/09....meds completed 05/03/09....some issues with hubbys previous DVT on meds but sent to sydney and am at present awaiting news for visa!!!! Heading for brissie and can't wait to be there!! :jiggy:

HI there applied WA ss on 23/02/09 was on here on monday reading everything when i realised had forgot to send some info with ss , emailed agent straight away and he forwarded it to WA. so i got up early yesterday and gave them quick call lady was very helpfull updated my case while i was on phone said it was,nt a problem, also asked her for update as well she said another couple off weeks but did say it wouldn,t be a month. got up this morning to email from agent saying oficer from WA contacted him requesting bit more info on oh so sounds like its not just sat on somebody desk any more. fingers crossed.

Hi, hubby is carpenter so after a week of considering our options and reading posts on PIO we applied for SS in WA. This was done online on 23/03/09. Fingers crossed they accept us !! Dont think I can wait up to 2 years for the 175 !!

Hi, hubby is carpenter so after a week of considering our options and reading posts on PIO we applied for SS in WA. This was done online on 23/03/09. Fingers crossed they accept us !! Dont think I can wait up to 2 years for the 175 !!

Best of luck to you....I hope it works out :yes:

Guest mcleod275
HI there applied WA ss on 23/02/09 was on here on monday reading everything when i realised had forgot to send some info with ss , emailed agent straight away and he forwarded it to WA. so i got up early yesterday and gave them quick call lady was very helpfull updated my case while i was on phone said it was,nt a problem, also asked her for update as well she said another couple off weeks but did say it wouldn,t be a month. got up this morning to email from agent saying oficer from WA contacted him requesting bit more info on oh so sounds like its not just sat on somebody desk any more. fingers crossed.

We applied for WA SS on 17/02/09 and not heard a peep. Keep resisting the urge to call and enquire how it is going in case they think I am pestering them!! However if you applied on 23/02 and they are obviously looking at yours then hopefully we we applied a week before you......may even sit up tonight and give them a call!

Claire xx

Guest mcleod275
I rang wa about are ss at 7 am today, i got straight through they are extremely nice on the phone and very helpful. They did say it should take 4 to 6 weeks to process.

Rachael

Do you know what you may have just convinced me to give them a call.

I take it you got your form filled in OK in the end?

Claire xx

Archived