175-176 Case officers???

Guest Dionne and Rickie

Guest Sydneybound

Right guys - I need some advice here. Partner is architect & I'm marketing manager. From studying the Dept Immigration website today, it would appear partners skills still sought in South Australia, Western Australia and Queensland. We have been dalaying our application whilst permission sought from ex to take my daughter - however, having been to expo at the weekend and realised the state of visa applications, we've decided to apply for the two of us and add her to visa when permission comes. She will probably be 16 by the time visa given anyway. What do you knowledgable lot recommend - is it worth getting our skills assessments in and if we do, can we start the visa ball rolling and still be counted before many of the states cut off point of 31st March?

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Dionne and Rickie

:smile:Hi guys good to see a few more on here, thanks Rachael for the info at least we all know some kind of time scale now..

Guest mcleod275

Hi guys

I rang the WA SMC this morning to enquire about progress and was told they are still looking at Decembers. It will be "another few weeks" before they look at Februarys. She said the 4 - 6 weeks is the time it takes them to process once they look at it!!

Oh well there is nothing we can do except wait!!

Claire xx

Guest moving down under
Hi All

Got email this morning from Qsld to say my application for SS has been received and allocated a file number on 24/3/09..:jiggy:

It also states that application will be processed within 8 weeks...:huh:

We got our email yesterday saying QLD received our application also on March 24/09. Keep us posted.

Hi All

Got email this morning from Qsld to say my application for SS has been received and allocated a file number on 24/3/09..:jiggy:

It also states that application will be processed within 8 weeks...

Oooohhh, thats good news! We might get our ack next week then:biggrin:.

Tasha x

Guest KellyandTom

Hi, just to add to this post - we were advised by our agent to go for the 176. Forms completed & emailed over 25.03.09 for checking by our agent. Queensland is our choice. Good luck to everyone.

Kelly

Guest ericaw

not to sure if this will please or pee off but

applied for 175 10th jan 2009 changed to qld sponser 176 feb and have had case officer for last two weeks!

Even had a chat about reverting back to 175 which if i do will put us back by only 6 weeks as on csl.

so everyone waiting it wont be long

not to sure if this will please or pee off but

applied for 175 10th jan 2009 changed to qld sponser 176 feb and have had case officer for last two weeks!

Even had a chat about reverting back to 175 which if i do will put us back by only 6 weeks as on csl.

so everyone waiting it wont be long

Congratulations guys thats excellent...

Hey dont worry about process speed, will all get there at some point just some faster than others..

Guest ericaw

sorry i should mention frontloaded police and meds for whole family and done all ourselves as cheaper and damn site quicker! i think we just looked like an easy file perhaps.

sorry i should mention frontloaded police and meds for whole family and done all ourselves as cheaper and damn site quicker! i think we just looked like an easy file perhaps.

Our agent has been great and no regrets signing up with them, just helps having someone thats been and done it a thousand times on board...

We have done meds and Pccs as we WERE on csl but how cruel fate can be..

Just gotta wait on litle old QSLD to come to the rescue now!!

Goodluck..

Guest ericaw

hey your only in barnsley, wakey here.

sorry cant say a pos thing about agents except got 4 grand more in pocket for not using one!

Yorkshireclan it is quit funny to follow you. Your Timeline is exactly the same as ours. My hubby is an electrician (special class), too. We lodged our MODLE 175 on 28.08.08, we applied for QLD SS the same time and we got the allocation mail from QLD yesterday as well. Funny, isn't it :). So, I just have to follow your fate, and I will know about mine. I wish you all the best. Good luck to you!

Greetings Nini

Guest 2pigs3piglets

hi there all,

i kow im in the wrong thread but when i start my own i feel not loved lol

if you have changed to a 176 from a 175 can you still look at you status page to see if there is any change, or will there be a new one!

cos im still obsessed with mine! lol

please tell me there is no reason to keep looking ...

tanya

Guest sazzle76
hey your only in barnsley, wakey here.

sorry cant say a pos thing about agents except got 4 grand more in pocket for not using one!

4k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:shocked:

Who charges 4K!!!!!!!!!!! rip off. ours cost £900

hi there all,

i kow im in the wrong thread but when i start my own i feel not loved lol

if you have changed to a 176 from a 175 can you still look at you status page to see if there is any change, or will there be a new one!

cos im still obsessed with mine! lol

please tell me there is no reason to keep looking ...

tanya

Hey T&A

Dont Panic Dont panic!!

You still check your progress the same way it dont matter that you are changing subclass...

You are not submitting a new application you are just informing DIAC that the subclass has changed...

As regards checking i really wouldn't bother now until your SS comes through...

Guest yorkshirepud

Hi, we changed from 175 to 176 for WA, application made by agent on 9th March, have been told to expect 2 months before we hear anything, OH is a chef. Anyone been told any other time scale?

Archived