175-176 Case officers???

Guest Dionne and Rickie

Guest Dionne and Rickie

Right everyone lets have another update for those of us who are no longer on the CSL list and are now applying with the 176, we are on the Queensland list and not NSW so we are changing our destination we will be filling in the forms and sending them off today.

So lets keep a track as and when we recieve Case officers and this may keep our spirits up what do you think guys. As Diac told us it should be 10 days yeah right we shall see eh:twitcy:..........

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Sebbers

Hi,

We too are changing to 176, forms completed and agent to lodge online before the weekend.

We are lodging our application for state sponsorship with WA - trade brickie

Jen

Guest Mike&lou

Im an electrician, looking to go to qeeunsland also thinking of applying to WA at the same time.

Sent my forms today 19/03/09, this is for QEEUNSLAND.

DOES ANYONE KNOW THE PROCESSING TIME FOR THE STATE?

Guest asrais

We applied for SA sponsorship at the end of Feb, so we should hear from them within the next 2-4 weeks.

We are heading over on a WHV while we wait - cant stay here anymore!

Im an electrician, looking to go to qeeunsland also thinking of applying to WA at the same time.

Sent my forms today 19/03/09, this is for QEEUNSLAND.

DOES ANYONE KNOW THE PROCESSING TIME FOR THE STATE?

Hi Mike & Lou

Our agent said Qsld seems to be one of the better states at the moment timewise..

Currently taking about 4 weeks...

Hi there im coming to join your list lol. no more 175.

I have just applied for state sponsorship to wa, hubby plasterer.

Lodged 19th March

Rachael

Hi Rachael

I am having a drama deciding if we should change or not, are the benefits completely the same as the 175, ie health, schools etc. The only difference is that you have to live within the sponsored state for 2 years?

Cheers

Tasha

Hi all,

Here we go again - I feel like a donkey with someone dangling a carrot in front of my face for the last 18months only to keep moving it further away !!!!!!!!!!

AARRRGGGHHH

Oh well not gonna give up - We applied for State Sponsorship WA - Bricky on 18th March - as soon as changes were announced. Not sure whether to apply for SA too as back up plan before it too late - apparrently applications before 31st March will still stand even if trade is taken off the list at some point.

Tina

Right everyone lets have another update for those of us who are no longer on the CSL list and are now applying with the 176, we are on the Queensland list and not NSW so we are changing our destination we will be filling in the forms and sending them off today.

So lets keep a track as and when we recieve Case officers and this may keep our spirits up what do you think guys. As Diac told us it should be 10 days yeah right we shall see eh:twitcy:..........

Hi . How confused are we!!!!!! We want to go to Queensland , but our agent has advised us not to change to a 176 visa as too many places will be bombarded and this will take up to 4-6mths and by that time they may decide they do not need us. I feel sick at the thought of being stuck here for the rest of our lives.

Guest Dionne and Rickie

Webwebbies

We rung DIAC the other night and they said that it's definitely the thing to do. They also said that they are currently allocating CO's for 176's within 10 working days (although this will probably increase). When I spoke to my agent about it he said that the waiting time for MODL only 175's would be very long, he mentioned another 12 months.

As the benefits are the same as a 175, and if you know where you want to settle, I'd definitely go for a 176. But that's just my opinion....

Guest Dionne and Rickie

Hi Rachael i was hoping you would join the new mad house, good luck with your application.:hug:

Webwebbies

We rung DIAC the other night and they said that it's definitely the thing to do. They also said that they are currently allocating CO's for 176's within 10 working days (although this will probably increase). When I spoke to my agent about it he said that the waiting time for MODL only 175's would be very long, he mentioned another 12 months.

As the benefits are the same as a 175, and if you know where you want to settle, I'd definitely go for a 176. But that's just my opinion....

Thank you for your help. Our agent doesn't seem to think this a good idea, ,but We do. Did you have to send fees again with application ? Our agent reckons we will loose our fees and because of the influx of 176's will have to wait just as long. Not too sure we have chosen the right people for the job. Very very stressed at moment .

Archived