Medical Quotes

peeka

I thought it would be useful to post the quotes we have been given for our medicals.

York

Helpful with information, conduct medicals on a Wednesday morning and need a couple of weeks notice.

Medical @ £125 each

X-ray @ £100 each

Bloods @ £26 each

Hull

Very helpful, lovely to speak with the lady, explained bloods are for over 16's only and cost includes postage of medicals to Australia.

Medicals @ £130 each

X-ray @ £90 each

Bloods @ £77 each

Huddersfield

Good feedback on PIO and wasnt disappointed with initial contact. Explained medical cost for a child is £74.75 and £20.00 additional cost for postage of medicals to Australia.

Medicals @ £109.25 each

X-ray @ £56.00 each

Bloods @ £15.00 each

Leeds

Not much to say other than RUDE! The lady I spoke to told me the cost of the medical was £235.00 each - I nearly passed out! When I told her that was way steeper than the others I had been quoted she rather rudely said 'well we aren't in competition' She phoned me back some 10 minutes later and apologised as she had a thought that she hadnt explained that the cost was for all 3 things!

Medicals, X-ray and bloods @ £235.00 each

Paul (39), Cheryl (35), James (18) & Francis (13)

Submitted to AIM by post - 19 Dec 08

AIM acknowledged receipt by email - 5 Jan 09

Further info requested by email - 21 Jan 09

Submitted further information via email - 23 Jan 09

AIM acknowledged receipt - 27 Jan 09

Email received from AIM with positive result – 9 Feb 09 (letter dated 4th)

State sponsorship form posted to Queensland Government – 9 Feb 09

Email from QG confirming receipt and aim to give result in 3 weeks – 18 Feb 09 (agents advise 6 week)

Hi Peeka

We will vouch for Huddersfield, we had meds here and found them to be very friendly.

Yes the prices quoted are exactly what we paid, must say though that both surgery and hospital take cash or cheque only so make sure youve saved the coffers..

Regarding posting, we paid bit extra £61 to send docs via DHL, this way you can track them all the way and feel a little more at ease..

LEEDS were very rude when i contacted them also..:shocked:

I thought it would be useful to post the quotes we have been given for our medicals.

York

Helpful with information, conduct medicals on a Wednesday morning and need a couple of weeks notice.

Medical @ £125 each

X-ray @ £100 each

Bloods @ £26 each

Hull

Very helpful, lovely to speak with the lady, explained bloods are for over 16's only and cost includes postage of medicals to Australia.

Medicals @ £130 each

X-ray @ £90 each

Bloods @ £77 each

Huddersfield

Good feedback on PIO and wasnt disappointed with initial contact. Explained medical cost for a child is £74.75 and £20.00 additional cost for postage of medicals to Australia.

Medicals @ £109.25 each

X-ray @ £56.00 each

Bloods @ £15.00 each

Leeds

Not much to say other than RUDE! The lady I spoke to told me the cost of the medical was £235.00 each - I nearly passed out! When I told her that was way steeper than the others I had been quoted she rather rudely said 'well we aren't in competition' She phoned me back some 10 minutes later and apologised as she had a thought that she hadnt explained that the cost was for all 3 things!

Medicals, X-ray and bloods @ £235.00 each

Paul (39), Cheryl (35), James (18) & Francis (13)

Submitted to AIM by post - 19 Dec 08

AIM acknowledged receipt by email - 5 Jan 09

Further info requested by email - 21 Jan 09

Submitted further information via email - 23 Jan 09

AIM acknowledged receipt - 27 Jan 09

Email received from AIM with positive result – 9 Feb 09 (letter dated 4th)

State sponsorship form posted to Queensland Government – 9 Feb 09

Email from QG confirming receipt and aim to give result in 3 weeks – 18 Feb 09 (agents advise 6 week)

I was told bloods are for over 15??????

Que Sera Sera

Over 16's - I meant 16 and over which is over 15's...hope you can follow that!

Yorkshireclan

Thanks for that info - useful to know and ensures medical get to Australia as quick as poss!

Julzcary

I got the list from our agents but think you can find it on www.immi.gov.au

Thats helpful as an idea to the cost to someone like myself who had no idea! Can I just ask, who do you actually phone/enquire as to cost, is it the local hospital, private hospital or where?

Thanks

Hi guys

You need to contact a surgery/hospital thats listed on panel drs form with Austrailian gov, heres link to check it out..

Contact Us

Goodluck

Yes the prices quoted are exactly what we paid, must say though that both surgery and hospital take cash or cheque only so make sure youve saved the coffers..

EEKKK

was gonna put it on credit card!!!!!! lol might have to rob peter to pay paul:wacko:

thanks for tip off though

Claire

Guest brizziebound

We had our meds carried out in Leeds in February and The staff could not have been any more helpful or professional, I would not hesitate in recommending them,Only thing is you have to pay in advance.

the bill for our family of 4 -( 2 daughters over 18) and extra blood tests for wife seeing as she works in healthcare was just short of a £1000.All in all a hassle free day and everything sorted out with one phone call.If you do ring ask to speak to Ged Reynolds as she is so polite and can't do enough to help.

West Midlands

Radiology Clinic - Priory Road, Edgbaston

X-Ray - £40.00 (adults)

Medical - not available at this clinic

Bloods - HIV £24.50, Hep B £24.50 Hep C £30.00

Appointments for 1 - 2 adults are available on a Saturday but you could be waiting around a while.

Postage to london is free, if you need them sent to Oz you have to arrange your own courier.

She also mentioned that if you have any tattoos you have to have full bloods, something i hadnt heard of before.

Hope this helps someone.

Emma

x

There seems to be different people requiring different types of tests. Can somebody please let me know exactly what medical tests we will need - 2 adults, 2 children (1 is 11). Neither myself or hubby will be working in a hospital or school (2 kids will obviously go to school).

Thanks

There seems to be different people requiring different types of tests. Can somebody please let me know exactly what medical tests we will need - 2 adults, 2 children (1 is 11). Neither myself or hubby will be working in a hospital or school (2 kids will obviously go to school).

Thanks

Right here goes..

All of you will require the general medical.

Anyone in your party over the age of 11 will require a chest xray.

Anyone in your party over the age of 15 will require a HIV blood test.

Anyone in your party over the age of 15 who has tattoos, piercings or has had a blood transfusion, or works as a dentist\ medical trade will require a seperate Hep B&C blood test.

Hope this helps..

Guest mark&robyn

We had our Medicals done in Nottingham. They were great, very helpful. We got an appointment very quickly.

Costs as follows:

Medical - £90

X-Ray - £80

Blood - £27.50

Courier - £20

Right here goes..

All of you will require the general medical.

Anyone in your party over the age of 11 will require a chest xray.

Anyone in your party over the age of 15 will require a HIV blood test.

Anyone in your party who has tattoos, piercings or has had a blood transfusion, or works as a dentist\ medical trade will require a Hep B&C blood test.

Hope this helps..

When you say 'piercings', does this include both ears and belly button!!

Thanks

Archived