Becoming an Aussie Citizen, will this complicate matters?

Guest joeycola

Guest joeycola

I will be attending a ceremony to become an Aussie citizen in a couple of weeks.

I am currently going through a horrible divorce/custody battle with my hubby. I would love one day to possibly return to the UK but know in my heart that it will probably never happen.:confused:

Am I compromising my dream of returning to the UK by becoming an Aussie citizen?

I will be attending a ceremony to become an Aussie citizen in a couple of weeks.

I am currently going through a horrible divorce/custody battle with my hubby. I would love one day to possibly return to the UK but know in my heart that it will probably never happen.:confused:

Am I compromising my dream of returning to the UK by becoming an Aussie citizen?

No I dont think so me duck but it`ll give you some bullets against your ex , you will be an aussie citizen and have the same rights as him

Mally

No it wont disadvantage you at all if you should decide to go home (and can get the court to agree with you). Once you get home you can shred your Aussie passport and never look back (you will have to get an Aussie passport though as once a citizen you can only enter on an Aus passport and not a visa).

• 1 month later...
No it wont disadvantage you at all if you should decide to go home (and can get the court to agree with you). Once you get home you can shred your Aussie passport and never look back (you will have to get an Aussie passport though as once a citizen you can only enter on an Aus passport and not a visa).

absolutely it just gives you more options thats all !!:rolleyes:

Guest joeycola

Thank you all for your replies.

The ceremony was quite painful actually! I felt like such a fraud.:wacko:

And to make matters worse, I was the only one being 'done', so I had to accept my certificate from my MP and the town mayor and then sing the national anthem! How bum-clenchingly embarrasing!!

Archived