Temp spouse visa to PR

Stuju

G'day Everybody,

I do not come on this site as much as i used to in the past - too many threads nowadays & what with work commitments etc i just dont find the time. Saying that i do pop in every so often to check my pm's & just have a wee catch up

I thought (as i know there have been alot of spouse/defacto applications) that i would let you know my time line from applying for a temp spouse visa to being granted a PR, so he goes.........................

Landed in Oz 5th Aug 06 (married to an aussie citizen)

Interview with migration officer & lodged my temp spouse visa 28th Sep 06

migration officer decided that an extra bit of paper was needed re my daughter so after getting that from the ex & to migration

my temp spouse visa was granted 13th Oct 06 (that was friday 13th)

had to wait 2 years from landing before i could apply for mine & nikkis pr & in the mean time coudnt claim any benefits (if we wanted to) or go to taffe, all i could do was work & was classed as a pr for tax & work reasons (not sure why but thats they way they work it)

Applied for our pr on 4th Nov 08

and pr was granted 28th Feb 09

so there you have it, it has been a upward struggle sometimes & have had times when i really coudnt have been bothered if they would have shipped me back to the uk, but now its all over it has been worth it.

I do hope that this info will be of use to some of you & i will be more than happy to answer any questions anyone has.

Good luck to you all which ever type of visa you are applying for

Ju :-)

Guest Trina Findlay

Hi Stuju! I arrived on a temporary spouse visa in May last year, so it's useful to know what to expect a couple of years down the track!

Thanks

Trina

Guest smc01

Thank you for that, very imformative!!

Is that right you can't do any tafe courses whilst on the temp spouse visa? Even if you're working at the same time? is that the same with any courses? My OH was wanting to expand his qualifications so as to give him better options for work, what a bugger if we have to wait two years to do that!!

Archived