good to be home

Guest petmarchehol

Guest petmarchehol

hi everyone just an undate to my situation

i have posted to poms in oz for the last couple of months about how miserable i have been in oz and i thank everyone for their replies and support

i have now returned to uk with my daughters and it was the best decision i have ever made. we arrived back last weds and my children have spent 3 days playing outside most of the day which has been lovely to see as in oz we stayed indoors most of the time as so hot or raining .

this is definitely the right decision for me , the sad thing being my hubby didn't come back with us .

i hope that everyone who is in same situation i was makes the right decision for them and can find happiness

i now have to start again in uk but i know i am in the right place

Guest Letasha

Well done for giving it a go and for having the guts to do something about it when u where unhappy. Im sorry to hear about your husband - but i think everything happens for a reason, it might come good in the long run. Its good to hear that you feel a lot more settled here which will definatley benefit you and your girls more than being miserable and far from home. Good luck with your new life, take care.

Guest The Pom Queen

That is wonderful news that you are the children are finally settled. Who knows, maybe hubby will join you at a later stage.

Have fun and keep in touch.

Kate

Hi, Glad that your are now happy and that your girls are happy again. I do hope your husband joins you soon, that is the worry with migrating it must be hard if one of you wants to stay and the other wants to return.

Be Happy x

Guest nikkichap

Well done for being brave enough to return on your own. It's good to hear that you are settling in well and that the kids are enjoying life again. I'm moving back in May with my boys and my hubby will follow at the end of the year. I know how you feel about seeing the kids playing out. My boys can't wait to go out and play. They are sick of the heat and rain. I's going tobe tough without OH but I know happiness is all about being settled. I hope everything works out for you and that hubby returns to you in the future. Good luck. X

Hi,

I was only thinking about you yesterday and wondering how you were.

Glad to hear that you got back home safely and that you feel more settled there. Sorry to hear that you husband didn't return with you but I hope that it all works out for all of you.

Best wishes for the future

Kat x

Hope you don't take this the wrong way.......but why would you go to Mackay if you don't like the rain and humidty. It's worse there than being in VietNam.

Could you not try Adelaide or Perth before spending a fortune going back to the UK. When you get back to UK you may just be faced with all the reasons you wanted to leave there in the first place.

Just a thought. Whatever you decide, though, GOOD LUCK.

Guest nikkichap

Mackay was our only option due to my husband being sponsored. It was probably our only chance to come and it was basicaly, now or never. We came with the intention of giving it 2 years, see how we felt and then either sell our house in the UK and settle here (probably not in Mackay) or return home. I don't mind the heat and rain but it is tough on my boys who were so active in the UK always outdoors. We don't want to waste the next 18 months being unhappy. The UK is the place we want to be. OZ is a great country and will come back for holiday's but jwe ust don't like the daily living. Can't help the way we feel and i feel happier that the decision to go home has been made.

Guest kimbo67

Hi I'm thinking of moving back...as soon as possible. I hate it here and know i don't want to spend another day here than is necessary. sadly, my husband loves it here and I don't think he's going to come with me and the kids. Did u have any problems leaving with the kids on your own?

It certainly makes u take stock of your life doesn't it?!

glad you're now happy.

Good luck.

Guest evalily

hi sorry how things worked out for you,but good you had the courage to come home. we were looking into moving to oz but after much research it's not the dream i thought it was. hope it all works out for you. x

Archived