NURSES - Moving to Australia

Guest JoanneHattersley

Received this from the NMC today.

"Unfortunately a copy of your RN1 transcript could not be located; however I have included a copy of the EU Directive. This document outlines the successful training programme that you completed in order to be registered with this council."

Had asked them for a transcript of my Nursing Degree as the uni transcript only stated pharmacology & they didn't hold any more info as I completed it back in 1991.

Have no idea if this EU directive will state enough for Criteria 8. Will let you all know in due course incase anyone else is in the same boat.

Hi Bigmac.....this is what my case officer said about the EU directive...."The NMC did not have a copy of your transcript of training and sent a copy of the EU directive in its place. This is a general document which does not relate directly to your course of study, but will be included in the application. The university of Lancashire have provided a transcript summary. It would be advisable to see if you can obtain a further breakdown of the module/subject which covered medication management and have the university provide this information to AHPRA"......i've managed to get the uni to send a letter re criteria 8 and a further breakdown, but looking at the fact sheet on this criteria i can't see how i'm going to meet it to be honest

Hi Bigmac.....this is what my case officer said about the EU directive...."The NMC did not have a copy of your transcript of training and sent a copy of the EU directive in its place. This is a general document which does not relate directly to your course of study, but will be included in the application. The university of Lancashire have provided a transcript summary. It would be advisable to see if you can obtain a further breakdown of the module/subject which covered medication management and have the university provide this information to AHPRA"......i've managed to get the uni to send a letter re criteria 8 and a further breakdown, but looking at the fact sheet on this criteria i can't see how i'm going to meet it to be honest

I really don't know what's going to happen here. Can't believe there's a chance I won't get registered even though I've worked constantly as a nurse for over 20 years. Very frustrating!!

I really don't know what's going to happen here. Can't believe there's a chance I won't get registered even though I've worked constantly as a nurse for over 20 years. Very frustrating!!

agreed! i'm about to ring them now for an update as i've heard nothing from them since beginning of march

Hi all, whilst i am still at the "i'll believe it when i see it stage" i phoned AHPRA and was advised "it's good news, the evidence you've provided has met the education criteria 1-8 so that's good, it's now gone to the professional registrations officer for final sign off, it's on her desk as we speak so i've emailed her to get a timescale for you"........here's hoping!

Hi all, whilst i am still at the "i'll believe it when i see it stage" i phoned AHPRA and was advised "it's good news, the evidence you've provided has met the education criteria 1-8 so that's good, it's now gone to the professional registrations officer for final sign off, it's on her desk as we speak so i've emailed her to get a timescale for you"........here's hoping!

That's great news. Thanks for keeping us updated, it offers some hope :biggrin:

Well I woke up this morning and finally have my LOE,

this has been a long (8 months) very stressful process, my application was received last august. Then they asked me to get more information for criteria 2,3and 8 which I provided. Then I get a letter this morning saying they have decided to assess me based on the old criteria, I no longer needed to provide further information, they have looked and my folder and decided I can be registered. And enclosed my LOE. I'm so happy I could burst. We move in 6 weeks and this is the last piece of jigsaw now in place :-)

Its a happy day, got an email with my LOE too and it was the same as

Jensik after further information was sent by Uni for criteria 2,3 and 8

They decided to assess my application under the old system. Am a

bit confused though, the latter says if I present 6months after I will need

to provide certificate of registration is that just the nmc current registration?

I am an RMN and applied to AHPRA in Sept 2013 and received an in-principle letter early 2014 and did not incur any complications. Flying for Manchester to Brisbane in a months time and just need to present in person at the Brisbane AHPRA office with my passport to obtain my registration number.

16 weeks..got mine back last month...anmac was last thing I did before applying...depends what points you are claiming for as to the other steps before applying for 189

Hi Guys

Does anyone know how long its taking to process Modified assessment ANMAC application and what will be my next stages when applying for 189 visa. I already have AHPRA registration certificate.

Thanks in advance

I am not sure if i am in the right place but I am just hoping someone out there can help. My wife is a newly qualified registered paediatric nurse and is now working as school health nurse in UK, she qualified with DipHE. I am the main visa applicant and have points and sponsorship etc. We are looking into the new guidelines for international nurses registering in Oz. Firstly we have read contradicting information as to whether she has to complete IELTS, she is UK citizen and educated here, could someone please clarify? Also as in the community she does not undertake intravenous medicines , we are wondering if this would be a problem in relation to criteria 8 .

Guest woody674

I too am a RMN UK trained at the University of Nottingham graduating 09/2006 and have been worried about applying to AHPRA because I'm a little confused over their acceptance for diploma nurses? Has anyone had any negative feedback or concerns raised suggesting Post Grad. Diploma level RMN's not being eligible for registration? Would be good to hear from you with your thoughts.

Regards

Scott

Edited by woody674

Hi, looking for some advice. I am a qualified nurse holding Australian nursing registration wishing to move to Australia, with my family (my wife {nurse} and kids) in 2years of time. I would prefer to get Permanent residency before moving to Aus (hope I have enough time for it). My questions - when do I start my process to get PR?

- Is it better to go through agency? - what are the procedures? -is it point based? - do I need to get a sponsor to do this? any other useful advice?

Thanks in advance

You will need to go on immi website and see what visa you are eligible for..you dont need a sponsor for some visas..you will need to have your skills assessed if you want a permanent visa..its up to you if you use an agent or not..I preferred not to but other ppl prefer to be guided through it all...start by reading the immi website..lots of easy to read info n tools. Nurse skills assesment took 16 weeks for me....getting high enough mark on ielts test took me three attempts but actual visa from applying to being granted was only 4 weeks. You get points for some visas for age, qualifications, english language competency, partner skills, states and other things

Xlornax, Thank you, Do I need IELTS for this skill assessment? I am already holding Australian PIN number(nursing registration). Or is it enough to get my points without IELTS? Once you get PR how long is valid for? Just wonder do I need to do an entry to keep my PR? Can I apply from here for job from here once I get PR? thanks again

You dont need ielts for skills assessment as you only need modified one but you may need ielts for extra visa points ..only you knw how many points you have or need..you need to validate the 189 pr visa by arriving in aus within one year from grant ( that's what mine said)...then it lasts indefinitely unless you leave aus after 5 years and need a resident return visa or apply for citizenship...yes you can apply for jobs from here