NURSES - Moving to Australia

Guest JoanneHattersley

Start by looking at the immigration website to see what visa you qualify for. If it's a PR visa you'll need to get a skills assessment by ANMAC. You also need to sit the IELTS for your skills assessment & get 7's in all areas as a nurse. Following the skills assessment you submit your EOI & go from there.

Good luck.

Start by looking at the immigration website to see what visa you qualify for. If it's a PR visa you'll need to get a skills assessment by ANMAC. You also need to sit the IELTS for your skills assessment & get 7's in all areas as a nurse. Following the skills assessment you submit your EOI & go from there.

Good luck.

I've been on the immigration website and I've also been to down under live that confirms I defo qualify for a skilled independent visa I just don't know where and what I should be doing next and also with the islets test I was told not everyone needs to sit the so how do you find out if you need it or not

I've been on the immigration website and I've also been to down under live that confirms I defo qualify for a skilled independent visa I just don't know where and what I should be doing next and also with the islets test I was told not everyone needs to sit the so how do you find out if you need it or not

Look at the ANMAC website. For a PR visa you need to have a skills assessment completed by ANMAC & as part of this process you need to complete the academic IELTS. You don't need IELTS if you go for a temporary visa that requires sponsorship. Whichever visa you decide on you also need to register as a nurse which means applying to AHPRA also.

have a look at Ahpra 8 standards for overseas nurses updated 10 feb 14 .

you will need a CV in Ahpra format and CPD info definitely .

I am going to get ANMAC to post their stuff over then wait for Ahpra to request additional info

my ANMAC is in final review ........ yay , so should hear LOD soon .

Hi there, thanks for those replies regarding the reference! Was also wondering about cpd. What do we need exactly, is it just dates when courses and things like that were completed and signed by ward sister, or actual certificates? Might as well start getting that stuff together so I'm prepared for AHPRA when the time comes!

Been looking for someone to sign my documents so they will be acceptable to both AHPRA and ANMAC. Notary costs £190 per hour and local magistrate £25 per copy!!!!! I'm in the wrong business!!! Xx

I thought that too xlornax, unfortunately I'm in Newcastle upon Tyne so a bit to far to travel, although at these prices a trip to Exeter probably wouldn't be much more!! ;)

I'm sure I have a file at work with years worth of certificates from training days, would I send the lot, or just recent ones, like the last year or two?

I thought that too xlornax, unfortunately I'm in Newcastle upon Tyne so a bit to far to travel, although at these prices a trip to Exeter probably wouldn't be much more!! ;)

I'm sure I have a file at work with years worth of certificates from training days, would I send the lot, or just recent ones, like the last year or two?

hey bouncy guidelines for cpd on ahpra web site but it basically 20hrs in last year. There is template on site ( can't put link up soz as not great with tech) I got my ward manager to verify cpd. Even reading article can count as do mandatory study!

Big Mac see you sent ur ahpra just before I did any word from they!!(am praying mine not lost:( the thought of gathering all info again:( then again only posted two weeks.

hey bouncy guidelines for cpd on ahpra web site but it basically 20hrs in last year. There is template on site ( can't put link up soz as not great with tech) I got my ward manager to verify cpd. Even reading article can count as do mandatory study!

Big Mac see you sent ur ahpra just before I did any word from they!!(am praying mine not lost:( the thought of gathering all info again:( then again only posted two weeks.

I had an email from them on 5/3/14 saying they'd received my application & the money was taken the same day. I've asked my uni & NMC for further info to be sent to cover criteria 2,3 & 8 so now hoping they can do that & also hoping it doesn't get lost in transit.

I had an email from them on 5/3/14 saying they'd received my application & the money was taken the same day. I've asked my uni & NMC for further info to be sent to cover criteria 2,3 & 8 so now hoping they can do that & also hoping it doesn't get lost in transit.

Thanks got email ytday stating it arrived also money out same day, now just to wait for them to ask for more info!!! But at least it has arrived so another tick on the to do list