NURSES - Moving to Australia

Guest JoanneHattersley

Hi All, I got my in principle letter of registration through this morning via Email!! Yippeee!!

:smile:

It has advised that I have a year to take/send proof of ID docs to the Brisbane office, to complete the registration. Which I'll do in Feb when I pop over.

The ID docs I need to send include; Passport, Visa Evidence, Proof of Address...it also mentions sponsorship or proof of employment letter...well as I have'nt got a job yet and I dont need a sponsor i'm assuming that passport, visa and address proof will all suffice?

Sorry I'm being a tiny bit thick!

Also just FYI my letter states "Following your application of July 23rd 2013....so thats taken three and a half months, as I was originally advised between 8 - 12 weeks that was pretty spot on, considering I had to resend my docs with magistrates signature on due to my own mistakes...:embarrassed:

Hi All, I got my in principle letter of registration through this morning via Email!! Yippeee!!

It has advised that I have a year to take/send proof of ID docs to the Brisbane office, to complete the registration. Which I'll do in Feb when I pop over.

The ID docs I need to send include; Passport, Visa Evidence, Proof of Address...it also mentions sponsorship or proof of employment letter...well as I have'nt got a job yet and I dont need a sponsor i'm assuming that passport, visa and address proof will all suffice?

Also just FYI my letter states "Following your application of July 23rd 2013....so thats taken three and a half months, as I was originally advised between 8 - 12 weeks that was pretty spot on, considering I had to resend my docs with magistrates signature on due to my own mistakes...:embarrassed:

Congratulations !!

Hi everyone! I am a newly qualified nurse from Scotland and I am going travelling in a few weeks for a few months, ending up in Australia where I hope to find work. Obviously I am aware of the difficulties I will have as a newly qualified nurse with no post grad experience, however I am staying positive, what's the worst that can happen? il come home and get work here :) regarding ahpra application if anyone has any advice on how to avoid the recurring problems people seem to have then please let me know as I want the process to go as smooth as possible (wishful thinking I know!) i understand it is a lengthy process, im expecting it to take a good few months if there isn't ant problems with my application!

Any other help will be most appreciated

Thanks

Sandom1, if you don't mind me asking, do you have a nursing degree or diploma.

Debs

Sandom1, if you don't mind me asking, do you have a nursing degree or diploma.

Debs

Hi Debs, I have both; diploma was my nurse training qualification, I then completed my BSc ten years ago.

Why do you ask hon, do you that having both took longer to check/assess?

Sam

It was just that someone on perth poms thinks that the changes with AHPRA will include not allowing diploma nurses to have registration. I have looked on their web page and although it does say there are changes, it doesn't say what the changes are. I have got my letter of eligibility but am a diploma nurse. I have to validate registration by sept 2014. I suppose I am just worrying that they'll cancel my registration before I validate if they stop diploma nurses. However, the person who posted that couldn't give a direct link to that info so it may just be a rumour. I would have thought they would have contacted me and let me know if that was the case.

Debs

I really hope it not true as I have diploma (have degree in history but don't think that counts lol)

I am staying hopeful that diploma with experience from uk/Ireland will be accepted.

just have to keep checking AHPRA web site.

debs since you already have your letter I presume that can't redraw same! Hope that the case anyway:)

Yeah definitely a rumour debs because my migration agent told me the diploma was more sigificant for registration purposes, im sure you wouldnt have had your letter of eledgibility in sept with your diploma if they were intending to make such big changes....might be worth asking them directly via their web enquiry form? X

Great news!

I realise 20 questions are being fired at you, so I apologise for the 21st!, however you said they requested further documents and these were submitted accordingly. When did they receive the "complete" application if you see where I am going with this?

Cheers.

Hi, I started a separate thread on APHRA some time ago, my docs were received mid August and have recently been advised that there is still no timescales for international applications, however someone posted they had received theirs, having applied in July. Frustrating is the word!!

I applied for mine whilst APHRA were undergoing changes and moving everything to Melbourne. Mine took 14 months but I think things have improved since then. My advice would be not to set yourself a time frame and to be a chilled out as possible! It depends on how effective your caseworker is. Mine was rubbish! When I thought I was nearing the end of the process she asked for a document that I had already sent, then when I emailed her about this I had an out of office reply to say she was on vacation for 2 months!

Guest Guest 47403

Any RMN's recently been through the registration process looking for a CV example just as a guide, anyone able to send me one for the wife obviously with any personal details deleted?

Hi Nomicon, i dont mind answering any q' s at all...all here to help each other :)

The complete application was recieved on 5th September, so all in all took about 9 weeks from then....how long have you been waiting?

Well we submitted the final "correctly notarized" documents on the 4th October, as in they confirmed receipt via email. My wife sent a chaser email on Friday and we received a "it's being worked on, you will be contacted in due course" reply, ala generic "stop bothering us it's only been 6 weeks.

Shall just bide my time a bit more :)

Our flights are booked for the 16th Jan, so this will be the last piece of the puzzle. Well, that and securing a rental!

Guest Guest 47403

When we did the skills assessment we had all the documents certified by a JP so they should be good to go for AHPRA, for those that have had ANMAC forward there documents on what additional documents have you send or had requested, I know the CV will be one of them, has anyone had to send anything else?

Cheers

Baz

Hi All I'm confused...please read below, I received this email following my inquiry into proof of identity docs needed...how can I provide prospective employer/original offer of employment if I havent got a job, often employers have asked for my AHPRA number at application...which I dont have unti Feb when I'm going to complete the process face to face....Help????

I refer to your correspondence to Alison in the Victorian Office of AHPRA regarding my email notifying you of your in-principle registration on 14 November 2013.

To respond to your enquiry, you will need to provide your British passport, Australian Visa and proof of your Australian address in addition to either an original signed statement from a prospective employer verifying your identity or an original offer of employment letter. This means you cannot obtain registration in Australia until you have met the visa, residential and employment requirements. This applies to all applicants who have been deemed eligible for in-principle registration

Hi All I'm confused...please read below, I received this email following my inquiry into proof of identity docs needed...how can I provide prospective employer/original offer of employment if I havent got a job, often employers have asked for my AHPRA number at application...which I dont have unti Feb when I'm going to complete the process face to face....Help????

I refer to your correspondence to Alison in the Victorian Office of AHPRA regarding my email notifying you of your in-principle registration on 14 November 2013.

To respond to your enquiry, you will need to provide your British passport, Australian Visa and proof of your Australian address in addition to either an original signed statement from a prospective employer verifying your identity or an original offer of employment letter. This means you cannot obtain registration in Australia until you have met the visa, residential and employment requirements. This applies to all applicants who have been deemed eligible for in-principle registration

From what my wife has been reading/hearing after talking with a few nursing employment agencies, you need a job offer or letter stating you are employed to "fully complete" AHPRA's process..

She is in the process of registering with one of the agencies now as they will send out a pre-employment confirmation letter, which will allow us to have a bit more clout with letting agents as well as complete the registration process once we arrive in Jan.

Hope that helps, and is somewhat accurate, me being a third wheel in the passage of information...

Hi Nomicon would that be Keighley, West Yorkshire you live in? If so, I live not far at Cowling. I am a nurse and have had my skills assessed and visa 189 granted and just waiting on my ahpra letter. Perth office just emailed me today saying they are just waiting for my certificate of goodstanding and if they do not receive it by 6/12/13 they will withdraw my application. This is quite stressful, it was only sent a week ago so I know it will have not got there yet and I need to be patient. What nursing does your wife do? I worked at the hospital doing surgery and now do community nursing. Whereabouts in Perth are you going? Me, my husband and my three children are going to North Perth. Keep in touch. I cant believe it if you are near me.

Hi Nomicon would that be Keighley, West Yorkshire you live in? If so, I live not far at Cowling. I am a nurse and have had my skills assessed and visa 189 granted and just waiting on my ahpra letter. Perth office just emailed me today saying they are just waiting for my certificate of goodstanding and if they do not receive it by 6/12/13 they will withdraw my application. This is quite stressful, it was only sent a week ago so I know it will have not got there yet and I need to be patient. What nursing does your wife do? I worked at the hospital doing surgery and now do community nursing. Whereabouts in Perth are you going? Me, my husband and my three children are going to North Perth. Keep in touch. I cant believe it if you are near me.

hi there, yup Keighley or just on the outskirts.

The "will withdraw application" letter is a standard one.

We are aiming for Dawesville or Dalyellup. My wife works at Airedale in the ambulatory care unit. Small worlds indeed!

Based on others timelines and responses I am now expecting a decision one way or another by Mid December. We will still be moving out, just requires an adjustment to plans.

am pulling my hair out now...lol 2nd call to Aphra and no useful information... I called them 1st about a month ago and they said they are doing further checks and that's all they can say could not confirm if they received the documents i sent in September. The phone call from today they confirmed that they received the documents and my application is still being assessed and have to keep an eye on my emails. Its just a waiting game and its painful..i have my BSc to finish while i wait, i guess that will keep my mind occupied :-)

am pulling my hair out now...lol 2nd call to Aphra and no useful information... I called them 1st about a month ago and they said they are doing further checks and that's all they can say could not confirm if they received the documents i sent in September. The phone call from today they confirmed that they received the documents and my application is still being assessed and have to keep an eye on my emails. Its just a waiting game and its painful..i have my BSc to finish while i wait, i guess that will keep my mind occupied :-)

Hi, I know how you feel, I am about a week behind you in APHRA acknowledgement and had to provide further documents which they received in September. I will keep an eye out for your cheer when yours arrives, may keep me positive that mine will not be far behind. Paul

When we did the skills assessment we had all the documents certified by a JP so they should be good to go for AHPRA, for those that have had ANMAC forward there documents on what additional documents have you send or had requested, I know the CV will be one of them, has anyone had to send anything else?

Cheers

Baz

I had to resend the my CV and give cpd evidence, also because my yearly NMC renewal date passed, I had to get the NMC to resend confirmation of registration again! At a cost!