Australia in Recession and massive job losses

Guest lovediving

Guest earlswood
That girls way too boney earl,nigella lawson/salma hayek type everytime,keep you warmer as well

Nigella....yes.....love her big tarts.:cute:

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nigella....yes.....love her big tarts.:cute:

Great isnt she! love those posh birds,would'nt be the same if she had a scouse accent......"yer doin me f##### ead in,coook yer own f##### tea soft lad" just not the same................................!

yes maybe kirk, the other alternative was to also have two clips put on,male/female affair because the dentist retained the two roots that used to carry my bridge(if you know what i mean?)thats an extra 600 tho,so the technician is designing the denture so this feature can be added in the future if i want. world of difference in private and nhs though!

you seem to have a good dentist who looks like he knows what he is doing. Not all of them know what they are doing beleive me.

Internet affairs are rife these days...

LOL, I heard that too, bad things these computers,lol

Cal x

OMG lovediving & Earlswood are husband and wife - only 12,000km apart!

Rule number 2.

Please try to keep postings on-topic, do not steer the thread in another direction without good reason. If required please start a new topic within a relevant forum.

Is this a case it's my Ball?

:biglaugh:,why dont you support a proper london team like the irons, essex? allways meant to ask yer that,especially with you being from essex,keep forgeting to ask

Funny you say that Pablo.

My mate Nobby phoned today and asked if I wanted to go see the hammers in the FA Cup tommorrow.

He's a refferee asseser. He gets all the premiership down south. I'd have a tea and sandwiches with the Officials in the players bar before game then into Directers box for the game. But can't be botherd so turned it down. I can't be bothered with football at the moment.

My Dad's from Brixton so that's part of it but Supported Liverpool when I was a youngster. Long story but I blame Jimmy Osmond.

Now lets keep to the subject.

Funny you say that Pablo.

My mate Nobby phoned today and asked if I wanted to go see the hammers in the FA Cup tommorrow.

He's a refferee asseser. He gets all the premiership down south. I'd have a tea and sandwiches with the Officials in the players bar before game then into Directers box for the game. But can't be botherd so turned it down. I can't be bothered with football at the moment.

My Dad's from Brixton so that's part of it but Supported Liverpool when I was a youngster. Long story but I blame Jimmy Osmond.

Now lets keep to the subject.

cant understand that tbh,i know londons massive,and i know we have thousands of fans down there,but i just cant imagine switching teams,good lads the ammers btw,had a good laff with them in bristol before fa cup final 06,proper people imo .

cant understand that tbh,i know londons massive,and i know we have thousands of fans down there,but i just cant imagine switching teams,good lads the ammers btw,had a good laff with them in bristol before fa cup final 06,proper people imo .

I was only 5 when I swapped But I knew Chelsea was in my Heart. Jimmy's a B'stard.

I do Like going West Ham they all give it that over exagerated cockney crap and say they all knew the Krays.

But apart from that they Blinding people top gezzer's and sort of the earths. (With a Pete Beale accent)

Did you meet the Ice creem firm at the FA Cup

Just wondering, how can there be a skill shortage here now with so many people losing their jobs and the unemployment rate at 4.8%.

How are people still getting in on work visas ?

I think any of you planning on coming here should hurry it up if that is what you want because surely this will all change soon as things get progressively worse in employment here.

we are not in recession yet!

Guest proud2beaussie
And they also say 2009 is predicted to be bad for Australia too.

Australia in recession: IMF | The Australian

2009 will be bad for EVERY country,lovediving,there is not a country in the world that will be unaffected,in some way,by the credit crunch.some countries will suffer badly,others less so.but everywhere will be affected to some degree.

Guest lovediving
2009 will be bad for EVERY country,lovediving,there is not a country in the world that will be unaffected,in some way,by the credit crunch.some countries will suffer badly,others less so.but everywhere will be affected to some degree.

Totally agree with you Nigel.

Guest bowbrum03
Just wondering, how can there be a skill shortage here now with so many people losing their jobs and the unemployment rate at 4.8%.

How are people still getting in on work visas ?

I think any of you planning on coming here should hurry it up if that is what you want because surely this will all change soon as things get progressively worse in employment here.

My thoughts exactly. I have been saying this for months.

Construction is DEAD and if anyone says otherwise they don’t know what they are talking about.

Guest bowbrum03
I think you will find it is already like that here, the ozzies will look after their own before others.......

Very true, but even the locals are finding it hard to find work.

I was told last night, 15 construction workers per week on average are been laid off. and this has been going on for months.

Guest lovediving
Very true, but even the locals are finding it hard to find work.

I was told last night, 15 construction workers per week on average are been laid off. and this has been going on for months.

I guess the question is what does one do if you can't get work in Australia, I think the only answer is leave if you are already there or stay put in England if you have work.

My reason for saying leave is because worst case scenario money runs out and no work can be found, unless you are an Australian Citizen you are entitled to nothing here at all so could be in a dire situation. This also includes New Zealanders living here they have no entitlement either.

I have never claimed anything in my life from social security but knowing you do not have any sort of safety net and not being in your home country is a scary thing.

Guest Working to fish
I guess the question is what does one do if you can't get work in Australia, I think the only answer is leave if you are already there or stay put in England if you have work.

My reason for saying leave is because worst case scenario money runs out and no work can be found, unless you are an Australian Citizen you are entitled to nothing here at all so could be in a dire situation. This also includes New Zealanders living here they have no entitlement either.

I have never claimed anything in my life from social security but knowing you do not have any sort of safety net and not being in your home country is a scary thing.

Not true after 2 years in oz you can claim some benefits.

eddie:hug:

Guest proud2beaussie

Sorry lovediving you are wrong,you DO NOT have to be an Australian Citizen to claim any form of benefit,you need to be a Permanent Resident and for most payments to have been in Australia for two years,the two year rule applies to most,but not all,Centrelink payments.

And BTW lovediving,are you aware of the habitual residence test that applies to UK citizens who have been overseas for more than 6 months?

basically it means that there is no guarantee of even a British Citizen being entitled to income support in the UK without having to prove that they have returned to the UK for good,this can mean a delay in payments of anything up to two years.

http://www.multikulti.org.uk/habitual-residence-test-and-right-to-reside/english/index.html

Guest lovediving
Sorry lovediving you are wrong,you DO NOT have to be an Australian Citizen to claim any form of benefit,you need to be a Permanent Resident and for most payments to have been in Australia for two years,the two year rule applies to most,but not all,Centrelink payments.

And BTW lovediving,are you aware of the habitual residence test that applies to UK citizens who have been overseas for more than 6 months?

basically it means that there is no guarantee of even a British Citizen being entitled to income support in the UK without having to prove that they have returned to the UK for good,this can mean a delay in payments of anything up to two years.

Multikulti : Habitual Residence test and Right to Reside : English

Actually this is something that I need to know more about then.

Right, I think the situation may be slightly different for me then because as I have dual nationality and come into the country on a NZ passport I get an automatic SCV visa which entitles me to live and work in Australia but not to claim any benefits unless I become a permanent resident. From what I understand to become a permanent residence you have to pass the residency checks and wait months and months for this, much the same as a UK person arriving here.

The laws changed for Kiwis in 1994 apparently.

I don't think I would ever claim centrelink I would sort something out before that ever happened in any case but it is scary knowing there is no safety net.

Do you become a permanent resident automatically after two years ?

I was only 5 when I swapped But I knew Chelsea was in my Heart. Jimmy's a B'stard.

I do Like going West Ham they all give it that over exagerated cockney crap and say they all knew the Krays.

But apart from that they Blinding people top gezzer's and sort of the earths. (With a Pete Beale accent)

Did you meet the Ice creem firm at the FA Cup

Not that i know of mate,most of our hotel was hammers because of the direction you aproach cardiff from,felt sorry for the little hammer kids,in tears bigtime,we had a game of footy with them outside the stadium,about 500 on each side,funny!

Guest proud2beaussie
Actually this is something that I need to know more about then.

Right, I think the situation may be slightly different for me then because as I have dual nationality and come into the country on a NZ passport I get an automatic SCV visa which entitles me to live and work in Australia but not to claim any benefits unless I become a permanent resident. From what I understand to become a permanent residence you have to pass the residency checks and wait months and months for this, much the same as a UK person arriving here.

The laws changed for Kiwis in 1994 apparently.

I don't think I would ever claim centrelink I would sort something out before that ever happened in any case but it is scary knowing there is no safety net.

Do you become a permanent resident automatically after two years ?

No,you need to apply for permanent residency through the normal channels.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/travel-documents/new-zealand.htm

Archived