Postal type question

We have had no mail since 7th Jan. We know people in the uk have been sending us mail. We also should have had internal mail. We are just not recieving anything. My question is who do you contact about this. Australia post website has nothing on it that I can see to advise. I want my mail lol.

Guest proud2beaussie

On average items sent surface mail from the UK take between 4 to 6 weeks,whilst air mail letters average 8 days (7 to 10 days is quite normal).You also need to ensure that anyone who sends you mail uses the correct address including post code and state.

All good tips from NigelinOz as usual...but, with the amount of junk mail that comes into our letter box, I have to say that if you haven't had anything since the first week of January, something is clearly wrong and you need to contact the PO.

Bob

we have had a few things go missing in the post :-( one big parcel with lots of bits that my mum sent from home that i was missing.

Our problem is they leave parcels etc on the doorstep we live on a main road. We also live close to a care home, we have seen the residents walk past and stop and look in our mail box!! we dont really know what to do as they are all alzheimers paitents so know they cant help it. We are both out at work all day and dont know if things have gone missing in the post or if someone has picked them up walking past!!!

My mum has lodged an investigation back home with royal mail for the parcel but has just received a letter saying they are looking into!!

Any suggestions would be great!

Guest HelenaBooth
we have had a few things go missing in the post :-( one big parcel with lots of bits that my mum sent from home that i was missing.

Our problem is they leave parcels etc on the doorstep we live on a main road. We also live close to a care home, we have seen the residents walk past and stop and look in our mail box!! we dont really know what to do as they are all alzheimers paitents so know they cant help it. We are both out at work all day and dont know if things have gone missing in the post or if someone has picked them up walking past!!!

My mum has lodged an investigation back home with royal mail for the parcel but has just received a letter saying they are looking into!!

Any suggestions would be great!

My mum and sister have sent me a parcel

On the 6th Dec.

Should have been with me for Xmas, heard nothing :-(

I am gutted as its got CD's in it.

I have tried Royal mail but they are 'looking in to it'

:cry:

xxx

Guest proud2beaussie

I would strongly advise that if you are having something of any value,even sentimental value,sent from the UK then you have it sent recorded delivery,this way you have a tracking number and can use the royal mail website to trace the item if it doesn't show up after a reasonable time.

http://track.royalmail.com/portal/rm/track?catId=400145&keyname=track_home

Guest HelenaBooth
I would strongly advise that if you are having something of any value,even sentimental value,sent from the UK then you have it sent recorded delivery,this way you have a tracking number and can use the royal mail website to trace the item if it doesn't show up after a reasonable time.

Royal mail made a huge cock up with mine, none of the tracking numbers work.

Such a shame, but I hope it turns up, will let you know.

Its in the world ... somewhere.

:frown:

Just a simple thing - I suppose your mailbox has a good lock?

I have had some things go missing too - an airline ticket from Qantas and a friend's P&O tickets for a cruise. Our box is locked and I havent had much go missing before but it is a worrying trend.

Yup box is all locked up. Doing my head in a bit to be honest. Will trot down PO tomorrow. The mail here is appalling I sent a birthday card to a friend in queensland and it took 3 weeks

Guest HelenaBooth

well royal mail deny its them they say parcel force sent it.

And yes, you guessed it parcel force says its royal mail

I love the English system

x

...not:cry::frown:

Im quite suprized as (touch wood) we have had no mail problems,

I have received letters & cards only 2 days after they have left the uk (from the uk post mark) & this week i received 2 parcels which were only posted in the uk on monday this week & its friday & they are here.

Maybe check that the postcode is correct & go into the local australia post, i do know that many of our members at work have troubles sometimes but thats becuase they live in remote areas

stuju

Archived