Movie review thread

Guest JoanneHattersley

''The Concert'' I liked it as it was set in Russia and i have not seen a film set there for years.The story was uplifting and had a few twists.It was funny and i needed to laugh.One gets tired of mainstream big spends.Oh ,I nearly forgot I can recommend '' Love,lust &lies'' for women similar to the british series ''Seven up'' set in Adelaide .love the flicks

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
This threads gone pretty quiet! Thought I'd liven it up.

went to see The Road a couple of weeks ago. Very good film, very realistic and believeable. Must be just what it would be like post-apocolypse. we saw The Book of Eli last week, was a bit dissapointed as it was bit too Hollywood. Too many ridiculous fight scenes.

I completely agree - the road was a very grim look at a post apocalyptic world.

The book of eli on the other hand was in my top then worst films.

• 1 month later...

Saw Salt last weekend.

Nice Friday eveing movie.

Anorectic Angelina beating the %&*ç out of Arnie-type guys ... why not?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Rainy holiday = cinema time

1) Tron in 3D why not? Good animation but absolute lack of script, nothing happens

2) The king's speech.Very good, good actors, nice story, good laugh.

Devil - Excellent movie and not too long. It reminded me of old Stephen King short stories.

Little Fockers - The first twenty minutes were terrible and I wanted to leave. After this the film picks up and is very funny.

Due Date - A bit like the hangover, which is no bad thing.

Guest guest32776

Too hot to venture outside in Cairns I have overloaded on dvds - good ones of late include:

1. Harry Brown

2. Eden Lake (best horror flick in years)

3. The Disappeared

4. Horseman (Aussie flick with some really graphic violence - beware)

Guest AnubisUK
Too hot to venture outside in Cairns I have overloaded on dvds - good ones of late include:

1. Harry Brown

2. Eden Lake (best horror flick in years)

Really want to see Harry Brown!!

Is Eden Lake the one about the couple who go camping at a lake and get terrorized by chavs?

Guest guest32776
Really want to see Harry Brown!!

Is Eden Lake the one about the couple who go camping at a lake and get terrorized by chavs?

Yep, it is terrifying as it is just so feasible.... A good horror film should haunt you for a while afterwards and it ticked that box for me!

Harry Brown is also based on an elderly unassuming guy (Michael Caine) taking his revenge on nasty kids on a council estate - 100% recommend it.

• 3 months later...

saw scream 4

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1262416/

was pretty good i reckon, very much the same as the last but with new twists and was pretty entertaining.

sucker punch

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0978764/

now this is probably a marmite film but i loved it haha, its a kinda comic book type movie, lots of great visual effects and tons of action, i thoroughly enjoyed it.

• 2 months later...
Guest blackrabbitz

i have seen 'slaughter house 5' yesterday..script written by the science fiction writer kurt vonnegut..interesting film :)

Hi It,s not a film but does anyone follow "The Street:" ABC Sunday night 11.30pm . Jimmy Mcgovern writer . It is gritty a different story about people living in the same street . It is original and i never watch it without shedding a tear . It tells a story in 1 hour that gets to your soul . It beats all the other American /Australian drama hands down Margaret :spinny::spinny:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Wildred12

I have lots of movies in my mind right now. But I think I'll focus on what you are suggesting. I should try watching some of those movies. If you found in interesting, there's no way it will not entertain me.

Archived