visa validation/stamp?

pablo

hello all, we fly out on 22nd april till 15th may to validate our visas,my question is this.....do we have to go through any special process regarding getting the visa stamped as its for emigration purposes? i mean,how will australian government KNOW we have validated? are they informed by immigration or something?im probably not explaining this very well,but hopefully someone will get the gist of what im getting at?:confused:also will we then get anymore paperwork off oz saying "you now have 4 years to emigrate" kind of thing? got a good deal off dialaflight btw for anyone going,£2,000 including car hire.well i think it was anyway?!

hello all, we fly out on 22nd april till 15th may to validate our visas,my question is this.....do we have to go through any special process regarding getting the visa stamped as its for emigration purposes? i mean,how will australian government KNOW we have validated? are they informed by immigration or something?im probably not explaining this very well,but hopefully someone will get the gist of what im getting at?:confused:also will we then get anymore paperwork off oz saying "you now have 4 years to emigrate" kind of thing? got a good deal off dialaflight btw for anyone going,£2,000 including car hire.well i think it was anyway?!

Hi there,

As far as I am aware, your passport will be scanned and stamped, and this is as much information that immigration need. The Visa inserted in your passport should state how long the visa i valid for.

I know that a 175 PR visa will be valid for 5 years from the earliest date of either your PCC or medicals, and you have to validate the visa within 12 months of these dates.

Hope this isn't too confusing.

J.

thanks a lot j, yes ,just phoned our agent we used to obtain visa, due to lack of response on my thread,we have the old 136 pr visa and have to validate by june 09,as you say it is scanned and visa details are sent through to whomever deals with it,think we then have 4 years from june 09 to make the move properly. so basically the details "are" logged. thx again j

Guest guest24485

Hi there, I have just had our passport validated with our visa details. On my visa grant all it said to do was to contact the nearest Australian embassy and they would go through the process. It cost me £10.10 to send the passports via special delivery ( also had to include addressed special delivery envelope with the stamps on). It took less than 5 days to do this and all they did was stick a nice orangey yellow label inside our passports. I don't know if it varies with visa type. Ours was a labour agreement visa.

Hope this helps. Steve

thanks a lot j, yes ,just phoned our agent we used to obtain visa, due to lack of response on my thread,we have the old 136 pr visa and have to validate by june 09,as you say it is scanned and visa details are sent through to whomever deals with it,think we then have 4 years from june 09 to make the move properly. so basically the details "are" logged. thx again j

not trying to be smart pabs ...but you have sent your passport away to get the sticker in it ...havent you ?????

mrs keily

Hi there, I have just had our passport validated with our visa details. On my visa grant all it said to do was to contact the nearest Australian embassy and they would go through the process. It cost me £10.10 to send the passports via special delivery ( also had to include addressed special delivery envelope with the stamps on). It took less than 5 days to do this and all they did was stick a nice orangey yellow label inside our passports. I don't know if it varies with visa type. Ours was a labour agreement visa.

Hope this helps. Steve

thx steve, what i meant was when we actualy get it stamped in oz mate, i know what you mean though,your talking about when you get the visa granted and send your passport away,we done that back in june 08,we have to visit oz within a year of that date to have it stamped/validated over there. thx for replying though steve

not trying to be smart pabs ...but you have sent your passport away to get the sticker in it ...havent you ?????

mrs keily

Think im soft? addled with all the whisky? well you would be right!!!!!!!:swoon: HOWEVER, yes mrs k,we have got the visa insert steve mentioned above,thx though,because im sure its been forgotten by more than one person before now,better safe than sorry mate,cheers

Guest Brissydeb

Hi, our visa was granted on 23 Dec 08 and I didn't know about sending the passports off to the `visa evidencing unit' until the other day. Agent didn't tell us (M****T)!!!

Is there any time limit on this part.

We have booked flights to `validate' in Oct09.

Thanks

Debs

Stupid question I know, but----Does the actual visa that they stuck in my passport need to get a stamp on it, or will a stamp on any page do???

It's these small stupid things that worry me--the big stuff im coping with!:biglaugh:

from what my agent said today,when we go the desk our details are checked and logged with the government body that needs to know we have validated,thats the "main" thing,dont know about where its stamped though mongoose! thought i was a worrier mate:cool:

Hi, our visa was granted on 23 Dec 08 and I didn't know about sending the passports off to the `visa evidencing unit' until the other day. Agent didn't tell us (M****T)!!!

Is there any time limit on this part.

We have booked flights to `validate' in Oct09.

Thanks

Debs

well you might as well send them asap just to be 110% sure,but i wouldnt think it matters tbh,think you just have to get it validated by 23rd dec 09 dont you?thought your agent would have told you that though wouldnt you?!!!

• 3 weeks later...

hi to you

when you say validate your visa is that only state sponcerd visas or others if so which others and how do you go about getting state sponcerd visas any help greatly appreciated

d

hi to you

when you say validate your visa is that only state sponcerd visas or others if so which others and how do you go about getting state sponcerd visas any help greatly appreciated

d

Mine is a pr visa, im just talking about actually getting it stamped by immi mate, all the rules have changed on visas since i got mine,just type in visa in search,you should find plenty of info

• 1 month later...
Guest janagaraja

Hi Freinds,

I got my visa grant letter yesterday for 176 state sponsored. Presently i live in usa where as my country of orgin is diffrent. My questions are

1. Is it possible to get it stamped in usa since i am holding citizenship from diffrent country.

2. Any time limit for stamping label on my passport? Is it sufficient to get it stamped just before i validate my visa.

Come on freinds any assitance on this regard would be appreciated. Thanks and Regards.jana

Hi Freinds,

I got my visa grant letter yesterday for 176 state sponsored. Presently i live in usa where as my country of orgin is diffrent. My questions are

1. Is it possible to get it stamped in usa since i am holding citizenship from diffrent country.

2. Any time limit for stamping label on my passport? Is it sufficient to get it stamped just before i validate my visa.

Come on freinds any assitance on this regard would be appreciated. Thanks and Regards.jana

Not sure im with you tbh,but if you mean can you get an aussie visa stamped in the usa i would say no,your visa WILL get stamped WHEN you validate,a PR136 visa timelimit for stamp is 1 year after it was granted,not sure on yours but someone will tell you im sure,congratulations btw jana

Guest janagaraja

Thanks pablo. but we have to label our visa on passport then only we can proceed tp oz for validation .Correct me if i am wrong. Can any one clarify my doubt. Helpppppppppppppppp Thanks

T

Not sure im with you tbh,but if you mean can you get an aussie visa stamped in the usa i would say no,your visa WILL get stamped WHEN you validate,a PR136 visa timelimit for stamp is 1 year after it was granted,not sure on yours but someone will tell you im sure,congratulations btw jana

Guest janagaraja

I need to enter oz latest by 2009 jan . Before that i need a visa sticker on my passport right. My visa 176 state sponsored

Guest janagaraja

Thanks mate i will do that right a way. JANA

Hi jana

Wouldn't you send it to Aus. Embassy in USA to get the sticker?

You could phone them to find out.

Good Luck

Sue x

Guest janagaraja

sure . Thanks mate.

Hi jana

Wouldn't you send it to Aus. Embassy in USA to get the sticker?

You could phone them to find out.

Good Luck

Sue x

• 1 month later...

Hi Pablo,

When you arrive you just present your passports to the immi officer in the usual way. Your passport is then scanned electronically and they will probably stamp it too, but basically that is all there is to it. No fuss, no fanfares and certainly no red carpets! All a bit of an anti-climax really.

Good luck with your trip.

Guest Guest9973

Yup - they let him and the lovely Mrs Pablo in.

We had them around on Sat night....until 2.30am! - Bl@@dy taxis can't find us here!

Smashing people:smile::smile:

Archived