Sellling house - has anyone managed to do it?

froggirl

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi I am new to this forum thing but we have put our house on the market today at the same price we paid for it 2 years ago. Having done a lot of work... I am keeping an eye on the oz market and it is dropping also so hopefully we can make up some of the loss in the next house. I can relate to you KJ I to am australia came over 8 years ago with a backpack.....now have a house three kids and two dogs later is alot harder to move back...

Hi

We put our house on the market in Sept last year with 1 viewing we took off over Christmas so we could relax a bit. Just put it back on the market today so fingers crossed it goes this time!

Good Luck to all those trying to sell

Emma

x

Guest littlesarah

Just to update you, we have agreed a price that is £11k under the asking price (£16k below original valuation). Now all we've got to do is hope they don't back out before we complete!

It's not ideal, but at least we get to walk away with some equity & a clean break.

Good luck to all trying to sell in this difficult market.

Sarah

Hi I am new to this forum thing but we have put our house on the market today at the same price we paid for it 2 years ago. Having done a lot of work... I am keeping an eye on the oz market and it is dropping also so hopefully we can make up some of the loss in the next house. I can relate to you KJ I to am australia came over 8 years ago with a backpack.....now have a house three kids and two dogs later is alot harder to move back...

Hi Nicole

welcome to the forum, best of luck with the house sale

Tania X:wubclub:

Hi Sarah

I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you. The last 3 weeks have been the longest ever, from agreeing a price to going to contract. We exchanged contracts today (YIPPEE) but I have been watching prices drop in east kent over the last few weeks expecting our buyers to either offer less or drop out completely. Even their surveyor told me to expect it! So thats it we move out next friday and off to Melbourne early Feb

Ken

Just to update you, we have agreed a price that is £11k under the asking price (£16k below original valuation). Now all we've got to do is hope they don't back out before we complete!

It's not ideal, but at least we get to walk away with some equity & a clean break.

Sarah

Hi Sarah, Well done on your offer, I think in the current market that you have done well to achieve the price you have, I hope it all goes smoothly for you. andy

Guest kirstig123

Excellent news, I think you have done well in current conditions. This thread is giving me some hope that we too will sell at some point. Hopefully Gordon Brown will wave a magic wand and people will buy houses again. We bought our house 5 years ago, but have gutted it and spent loads on it....but its like dunkos just said, it depends on how much you want to go. If our visa comes through quickly I would stick ours in auction I think!! OH will prop disagree though!!

Guest WARDStoOZ

Sarah

Congrats on the offer Sarah :yes:

Dan xx :-) :smile:

Guest Supermidwife

Good luck Sarah, hope it all goes well. Please send a bit of your luck in house selling our way!Ours has been for sale since December 07, and have reduced it by£50k. Got our visas in May 08 and had to go and validate in October. We were just arranging to rent out now that interest rates have dropped but we have had 3 viewings in the last week. Last couple are deciding between ours and one other, so keep your fingers crossed but we've got to the stage where we don't feel it would ever sell:arghh:

Guest The "legdes"

Hi Littlesara,

We are in the same boat as you - have accepted a much lower offer (£60K less than all 5 July valuations) and are waiting for exchange. The survey was done on Friday -so fingers crossed. Our buyers would like to be in on 20/2 - so lets hope that helps speed things along.

Why I say do the maths is that in my opinion its the exchange rate that really makes the difference (much more than the actual selling price). If you have banked the money and can choose a good time to go to dollars that can be much more beneficial than having held on until the last moment for a good price and perhaps not have a great window to exchange in - not to mention all the stress around "will we ever find a buyer ?"

As per prev page - can't remember who it was but they had had their survey. We're just hoping that a drop of 1/7th in the price over the last 7 months is enough to satisfy the surveyors valuation !

The other bad thing now is when we move we will be renting here as we haven't got our visa yet and that's going to cost us double what our mortgage payments are - doh.

The reason we put it up for sale before we got our visa is that 2 couples we know have had their visas for over a year and haven't yet sold. They've both had to do special visits to Oz to get their visas stamped.

Well good luck - I'm sure accepting the offer is the right thing. We had minor second thoughts the day after we accepted but everyday since we've thought it was an ace decision.

Let us know how it goes - oh by the way we had to wait what seemed ages for the survey - nearly a month !

Sarah

Guest ianpyne

Hi All, we have an offer today for the full price,no chain a cash buyer for investment.

Took 11 days to sell so am absolutely chuffed as nuts:spinny:

Guest WARDStoOZ
Hi All, we have an offer today for the full price,no chain a cash buyer for investment.

Took 11 days to sell so am absolutely chuffed as nuts:spinny:

Huge congrats Ian! Do you mind me asking... was your house up at it's valuation or did you put if up for less in hope of a quick sale???

Dan :smile:

Guest ianpyne
Huge congrats Ian! Do you mind me asking... was your house up at it's valuation or did you put if up for less in hope of a quick sale???

Dan :smile:

we asked for 179,950 which was the valuation, with a view to accepting 175,000.The first offer was that but we refused,and they came back with the asking price.

Guest WARDStoOZ
we asked for 179,950 which was the valuation, with a view to accepting 175,000.The first offer was that but we refused,and they came back with the asking price.

Thanks for the info! Congrats again!

Dan :-)

Archived