Subclass 475 (South Aus) - problems after lodging appl with DIAC

Etienne

Hi,

I received a sponsorship letter from the South Aus (SA) gov in Sept 2008. I realised that their rules changed on 1 Jan 2009, but they confirmed that I still fall under their old rules (6 months to lodge an appl with DIAC as opposed to 60 days).

I therfore completed my DIAC application last night online, and where given a TRN as soon as I made the credit card payment. I was taken to a screen with a document checklist, a function to attach scanned documents, and a function to create a password.

• I had a look at the document checklist (and realised that I had MOST of the required documents), so the next step would have been to scan the documents this week and attach them)
  • I wrote down my TRN (as I am supposed to fax it through to the SA gov)
  • I created a password (the function required it be entered twice)

MY PROBLEM:

• When I tried to access the attaching of scanned documents to applications function afterwards, it kept on refusing my password. This worries me as I would like to get the documents attached to my application as soon as possible. I am not sure why my password being refused, but the DIAC site is quite vague on what my alternatives are. It states that "Applications lodged on or after 1 September 2007...If you lodged a paper application or you are unable to attach documents to the application online through the eVisa system they can be emailed to the department...adelaide.gsm.documents@immi.gov.au...When your application has been assessed you will be advised of a further email address to use in providing documents. Please only send documents to that address" ???? - I am now 100% confused, do I email the documents (such as passport bio page, sponsorship letter, etc) to the email address stated, or do I wait for them to ask for ANY documents???
  • The SA gov letter states that I must "FAX a copy of the full Notification document with the TRN number from DIAC together with a copy of this letter to Immigration SA on +61 8 8204 9244" - my online application did not supply a full Notification document, but did supply a TRN. It did however supply a full copy of my application which states the TRN. What exactly am I supposed to fax and is there any way I can make sure they received it and are dealing with it?

Any advise greatly appreaciated.

Et

Guest zedster

hi Etienne

wow, that sounds tricky and confusing. I'm sorry I can't help with this as we haven't yet reached that stage but hopefully someone else can as I'd be interested in how you resolve it.

• 3 years later...

Archived