Victoria State Sponsorship - How Long ?

nickynush

Hi

We sent off our online application for state sponsorship to Victoria on 14th Nov 2008. I've had an email back today acknowledging receipt and saying they will let us know their decision within 8 weeks. I already knew that was the official timescale but was wondering how long have people REALLY waitied for a decision. I'd LOVE to apply for the Visa (176) before Xmas and was hoping to hear from people who'd had a decision within 2-3 weeks. :smile:

Nicky x

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Nicky,

I am also waiting for their decision since 28th October. They have acknowledged on 14th November. Any progress on your application?

Best Regards

Safaet

I had an email from them asking us to give them more detail on why we want to live in Victoria and asking us to sign a declaration. My Brother In Law lives in Sydney and I think they were wondering why we weren't heading there. We emailed our response and the signed form on Friday (12/12) and await their decision - soon hopefully!!

Hi, Not quite the same but I was state sponsored for South Australia. They said 4 weeks and it took exactly 5 from the date of the acknowledgement email.

Good luck

Ralph

• 1 month later...
Guest OgaPoga

Hey, has anyone recently received State Sponsorship from Victoria? And how long did it take? We applied beginning of January, last week received acknowledgement e-mail. Now wondering how long it will take Victoria to come back to us. Nicky/Safaet – any news on your side?

Hey, has anyone recently received State Sponsorship from Victoria? And how long did it take? We applied beginning of January, last week received acknowledgement e-mail. Now wondering how long it will take Victoria to come back to us. Nicky/Safaet – any news on your side?

Yes OgaPoga!!

I have got my sponsorship in 7 weeks and already applied to DIAC on 31st December.

As per the new rule waiting for a CO by 13th Feb!!

Pray for me.

Guest OgaPoga

Safaet - well done :). I am so happy for you!!!!! I hope we will hear back from Vic soon. I am counting days...feels soooooooo long!

By the way, i also read that timeline depends on the panel meeting schedules - some people got their Sponsorship after 2 days, some after 10 weeks - depending when Vic panel meeting took place. Does anybody have any dates for those panel meetings? Is it happening once a month, once in 2 month? Any dates?

Safaet - well done :). I am so happy for you!!!!! I hope we will hear back from Vic soon. I am counting days...feels soooooooo long!

By the way, i also read that timeline depends on the panel meeting schedules - some people got their Sponsorship after 2 days, some after 10 weeks - depending when Vic panel meeting took place. Does anybody have any dates for those panel meetings? Is it happening once a month, once in 2 month? Any dates?

I have no idea...though tried for several occasions!!

We're still waiting!! I had this email last night

"Thank you for your emails regarding the progress of your state sponsorship application.

We are currently dealing with a backlog in applications and correspondence which is causing a delay in our responses to enquiry emails.

We have not yet sent an outcome on your application to you. Currently, your application is being assessed by our Industry Panel - this can take up to ten weeks - and we will contact you to advise on the outcome as soon as a decision has been made.

Kind regards,

Skilled and Business Migration Program"

Has anyone else had to wait this long?

Nicky

We're still waiting!! I had this email last night

"Thank you for your emails regarding the progress of your state sponsorship application.

We are currently dealing with a backlog in applications and correspondence which is causing a delay in our responses to enquiry emails.

We have not yet sent an outcome on your application to you. Currently, your application is being assessed by our Industry Panel - this can take up to ten weeks - and we will contact you to advise on the outcome as soon as a decision has been made.

Kind regards,

Skilled and Business Migration Program"

Has anyone else had to wait this long?

Nicky

Good Luck to your waiting Nicky!!

Guest OgaPoga

Oh Nicky - 2 month waiting. That’s sounds long. I hope they will come back to you any minute. I am not really sure, maybe this was due to Xmas break. I hope we will both get some feedback soon!

Guest Boosonic

Hi, I'm still waiting too. Had my application confirmed as recieved 8th Oct, sent skills assessment docs 1st week of Jan but heard nothing since. I sent an email last week to check on progress but no reply as yet. Guess we will all have to keep our fingers crossed a bit longer.

Regards, Claire.

Guest OgaPoga

Boosonic - you are waiting since 8th of October...ohhh. What do you mean you sent Skills assessment doc just 1st week of Jan? Did they required that as extra info or you only received your skills assessment in Jan?

Guest Boosonic
Boosonic - you are waiting since 8th of October...ohhh. What do you mean you sent Skills assessment doc just 1st week of Jan? Did they required that as extra info or you only received your skills assessment in Jan?

I applied in October and then forwarded my ANMC - skills assessment docs 1st week of Jan. This was not an extra document, I was advised to commence the sponsorship application prior to having my skills assessment and then to forward it on when I recieved it, which is what I did. Hope we don't have to wait much longer, fingers crossed we will all be hearing soon.

Regards, Claire.

Finally! We got a yes to state sponsorship from Victoria this morning. It's been 10 weeks since we applied and OH skill was taken off the list on 12th Jan so we were starting to get worried. We can now put our visa application in today (never thought I'd get to say that!)

Obviously with 176 visas becoming more attractive states are experiencing higher than normal applications so it will take longer. Take heart that a long wait doesn't neccesarily mean bad news.

Good luck everyone

Nicky

Guest Boosonic

We got our state sponsorship this moring too It has taken almost four months but was certainly worth the wait - can't stop smiling!

Guest OgaPoga

Hi Nicky and Boosonic,

Well done!!!!! This now probably will mean you could get your visa very soon, as you should get CO assigned shortly.

We are still waiting for the response from Vict. I hope it will come soon.

Guest suni123

Hi,

I am planning for applying for victoria state nomination, 176 visa AND from the website pointing to the online application they are ask for only the CV. Are there any other documents required to be uploaded? I am think of the following

+ CV

+ ACS assessment result

+ employer reference letter ? (let me know if this mandatory and do they call up the employer for verification)

Should the uploaded be notarized copies/ copies attested by justice of peace which are scanned or originals scanned? PS note I am planning to apply online.

With regards - Suni

Guest Ausunnyboy

I intend to apply 886 state sponsor visa.

Vic Gov sent me acknowledgment email with ref no. and now waiting for the outcome.

I aware that the immigration are now allocating the 886 and 176 till 13 Feb, I don't want to miss this allocation lot.

Given that all documents are ready except the outcome of sponsorship, should I lodge the visa application now or wait until Vic Gov send me the outcome?

I intend to apply 886 state sponsor visa.

Vic Gov sent me acknowledgment email with ref no. and now waiting for the outcome.

I aware that the immigration are now allocating the 886 and 176 till 13 Feb, I don't want to miss this allocation lot.

Given that all documents are ready except the outcome of sponsorship, should I lodge the visa application now or wait until Vic Gov send me the outcome?

I would like to know this too, as I am applying for the same visa and waiting for my approval. What also happens if we have it approved after 13th Feb, does anyone know?

Cheers, Cath

Guest OgaPoga

has anyone received recently any news from Vict? Any new approvals on State Sponsorship?

We are already waiting 3.5 weeks since acknowledgment e-mail........this waiting drives me crazy

Archived