Victoria State Sponsorship - How Long ?

nickynush

Guest juliemtaylor

well done both of you, we are still waiting.... they finally acknowledged receipt one month later asking for info we had already sent via agents email, but I think they couldn't see it was all in one attachment. So he sent the info in several files. We had to apply via email as my OH not on the drop down function.

Please keep your fingers crossed.

Julie x

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Cath76
Thanks Cath!

I have just submitted the 886 application and uploaded the document. I have some questions though.

- It requests me the proof of name change. I just stated that I have a nick name in the application. but why do then need the proof of name change?

- did youaware the processing in BSPC is only up to 2th Oct 2008. Shouldn't they process all the 886 state sponsor before focusing on CSL? I am puzzled.

- do we need to uplodad the scanned signed from 80 and Australia Value Statement?

Cheers

As far as I am aware, you should always be using your birth name, not any short names e.g. Joseph Bloggs not Joe Bloggs.

Remember far less people apply for 885's independently, as they need additional points. They are however just processing 885's on the CSL, so that also is how they are plowing through the applications so fast.

I uploaded Form 80, the Australia Value Statement I think is now included electronically on the application.

Send as much as you can in so it is decision ready when the CO eventually looks at it.

Guest Jimshipway

Hi,

I have applied for Vic state sponsorship on 11 January 2009 and it has been 11 weeks since then, I didn’t hear anything from them yet. The only thing I heard was from my work manager (last week) that she received a call from VIC state regarding my application and querying about the role and association with the company. I was confused whether is good or bad, and from now on how long should it take to receive an answer from VIC state. Does anybody have idea how long it will take? It’s killing me, this long waiting time. Please answer.

Guest Ausunnyboy

Jim, I had the same situation before. don't worry, I got my sponsorship 2 weeks after the australian employer check. be patient

Hi,

I have applied for Vic state sponsorship on 11 January 2009 and it has been 11 weeks since then, I didn’t hear anything from them yet. The only thing I heard was from my work manager (last week) that she received a call from VIC state regarding my application and querying about the role and association with the company. I was confused whether is good or bad, and from now on how long should it take to receive an answer from VIC state. Does anybody have idea how long it will take? It’s killing me, this long waiting time. Please answer.

Guest Gollywobbler
well done both of you, we are still waiting.... they finally acknowledged receipt one month later asking for info we had already sent via agents email, but I think they couldn't see it was all in one attachment. So he sent the info in several files. We had to apply via email as my OH not on the drop down function.

Please keep your fingers crossed.

Julie x

Hi Julie

Java is one of the skills which the NT now say they are looking for:

http://www.migration.nt.gov.au/documents/NT_BaselineList_%202009.pdf

You might want to consult Peter about whether it would be worth making an application to the NT as well?

Best wishes

Gill

Guest Jimshipway

Hey,

it has been two weeks to the australian employer checking from victoria state people and haven't got to hear anything from them.

Shall I ask my agent to get through them once?

Guest Jimshipway

Hi Aussunnyboy,

I got my Vic state sponsorship today.

you were right, it took 2 weeks and few other days to get it after australian employer check.

Vic state sponsorship applied on 11 January 09 and got it on 03 April 2009.

Does anyone know what is being written in State sponsorship approval. I mean for which visa class 176 or 886 class the application is approved.

Mine does not specify anything.....

Guest Ausunnyboy

Congratulations!

My nomination offer specifies ASCO code and occupation, and advise me to apply 176 in the section "Your next step". But I am in fact applying 886. I wonder if that brings to any problem in my PR application since I attached the sponsorship email for my 886 application.

Hi Aussunnyboy,

I got my Vic state sponsorship today.

you were right, it took 2 weeks and few other days to get it after australian employer check.

Vic state sponsorship applied on 11 January 09 and got it on 03 April 2009.

Does anyone know what is being written in State sponsorship approval. I mean for which visa class 176 or 886 class the application is approved.

Mine does not specify anything.....

Guest Jimshipway

I spoke to my agent and he said, because I studied in australia, vic considered me for 886. Also, the fact, my occupation is life scientist and that is my bachelors qualfication, so state also considered for 176, (i do have aus work exp for 176 to qaulify).

now, he said it shd be fine whether i apply 176 or 886.

bt i have already applied for 176.

but my sponsorship letter doesn't specify anything about 886 or 176.

Hello friends,

I got my Victoria state sponsorship within 16days,Applied on 7th March 09,granted 23rd March.The state send the 1100 to diac the 26th March. to change my 175 visa application to 176

Ritu

Guest hearty
Hello friends,

I got my Victoria state sponsorship within 16days,Applied on 7th March 09,granted 23rd March.The state send the 1100 to diac the 26th March. to change my 175 visa application to 176

Ritu

Congratulations....

Just a quick question...did the state send 1100 automatically or only when you confirm acceptance of sponsorship?

Guest cuba267
Congratulations....

Just a quick question...did the state send 1100 automatically or only when you confirm acceptance of sponsorship?

Hi

In our case you had to email them back a confirmation that you accept their offer of SS. A phone call wont do. They automatically sent the 1100 on to DIAC. We rang the DIAC after this to confirm what we had to do next - they asked us to forward an email 'Post application Query form' (available on their website) stating that we had accepted SS from Vic. The only simple bit in this whole process!!!

Guest juliemtaylor

wow you guys must know something or someone we don't - still b**dy waiting...

Julie x Good Luck!

Guest Ausunnyboy
Hi Ausunnyboy,

have u got CO allocated?

Hi I think so, I noticed that all my document in checklist of 886 shows 'met' and application status is "being processed further". On the other hand my 485 application is granted today. I am not sure how long do I have to wait for my 886. What about you Jim? got any update yet?

Guest Jimshipway

Congratulations for 485 visa.

I think we are in same boat. I have applied for 485 too, waiting for that.

I got my VIC sponsorship email. What do I have to do now?

Guest Ausunnyboy
Congratulations for 485 visa.

I think we are in same boat. I have applied for 485 too, waiting for that.

I got my VIC sponsorship email. What do I have to do now?

Thanks.

That’s what I did for my e-lodge of 886:

Lodge your 886 application in DIAC and obtain the Transaction Reference Number (TRN)

Inform Vic Gov that you have lodge application and include the following:

• Your TRN (essential)

• Your acceptance of the sponsorship

• Tell them to sent the complete form 1100 to DIAC on your behalf

After that, upload all supporting documents to DIAC for your 886 application.

hope that helps.

Guest Jimshipway

That's really helpful.

I have already lodged 176. now, I have to just wait for CO.

If your doc checklist says "met" for all documents, then you shd get ur PR very soon. Let me know when you get 886 visa.

Guest Cathy77
Hi I think so, I noticed that all my document in checklist of 886 shows 'met' and application status is "being processed further". On the other hand my 485 application is granted today. I am not sure how long do I have to wait for my 886. What about you Jim? got any update yet?

would you please write how long your 485 took to process.

thanks

Cathy

Guest Ausunnyboy
would you please write how long your 485 took to process.

thanks

Cathy

485 (Mechanical engineering)

Lodge online 25 Feb 2009

Co allocated 6 Apr 2009

Visa granted 7Apr 2009

Now waiting for the 886 state sponsored decision.

I am so surprised at the quick process in BSPC.

Guest Cathy77
485 (Mechanical engineering)

Lodge online 25 Feb 2009

Co allocated 6 Apr 2009

Visa granted 7Apr 2009

Now waiting for the 886 state sponsored decision.

I am so surprised at the quick process in BSPC.

congratulations for 485, you must be very lucky having all your documents met.

Good luck for your 886.Keep update

Guest Cathy77

Cath76,

Just noticed you have applied in Feb but there is no update, haven't your documents showing met? There is sunny boy in the same thread has applied after you and his docs shows met.

I was wondering its profession they are giving priority or well organized documents uploading.well can't say any thing there are students from August 2008 still waiting for subclass 485 and he got it in a less then a two months time. I am just wondering what is the criteria.May be engineers are more in demand.

Archived