Victoria State Sponsorship - How Long ?

nickynush

Guest Cath76

Hi Cathy,

My documents all say "received' but not "met", and the status says "Application being processed further"...trying to be patient but the wait is killing me!

Not sure what priority they work on...I uploaded everything and more and I am hoping it won't take too long to get a CO.

From last weeks update they are only working on July 08's 485 applications...maybe Engineers are more of a priority.

Cath76,

Just noticed you have applied in Feb but there is no update, haven't your documents showing met? There is sunny boy in the same thread has applied after you and his docs shows met.

I was wondering its profession they are giving priority or well organized documents uploading.well can't say any thing there are students from August 2008 still waiting for subclass 485 and he got it in a less then a two months time. I am just wondering what is the criteria.May be engineers are more in demand.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Cathy77
Hi Cathy,

My documents all say "received' but not "met", and the status says "Application being processed further"...trying to be patient but the wait is killing me!

Not sure what priority they work on...I uploaded everything and more and I am hoping it won't take too long to get a CO.

From last weeks update they are only working on July 08's 485 applications...maybe Engineers are more of a priority.

Hi cath 76,

you are so right DIAC is so unpredictable, Wish soon I see your emotion on left side "happy" no need to be mellow.you are almost there.

Cath I have a question.How long your sponsoring state took to contact DAIC and send you state nomination form( form 1100 I guess) and did they send you an email of acknowledgment. Actually I am gathering all information before I go ahead.

Happy Easter

cathy

Guest Cath76
Hi cath 76,

you are so right DIAC is so unpredictable, Wish soon I see your emotion on left side "happy" no need to be mellow.you are almost there.

Cath I have a question.How long your sponsoring state took to contact DAIC and send you state nomination form( form 1100 I guess) and did they send you an email of acknowledgment. Actually I am gathering all information before I go ahead.

Happy Easter

cathy

Thanks Cathy,

Victoria confirmed they sent form 1100 the same day that my state sponsorship was confirmed. They seem to be pretty on the ball. What visa are you applying for?

Happy Easter to you too

Guest Jimshipway

Hi Cath,

I received my sponsorship on 03 Apr 09, and when I send the email to Vic to confirm if they have sent the form 1100, they replied that their record shows my agent has not accepted the offer for sponsorship. and when I spoke with my agent, he seems to be proactive with me, and told me he has sent it. But I really doubt that. now, I am thinking of directly sending an email to state to accept it. What do you think? Can I do that if I have an agent?

Guest Cath76
Hi Cath,

I received my sponsorship on 03 Apr 09, and when I send the email to Vic to confirm if they have sent the form 1100, they replied that their record shows my agent has not accepted the offer for sponsorship. and when I spoke with my agent, he seems to be proactive with me, and told me he has sent it. But I really doubt that. now, I am thinking of directly sending an email to state to accept it. What do you think? Can I do that if I have an agent?

Hi,

What I would do if I were you would be to call your agent first thing on Tuesday morning and ask them to forward you the email they said they sent to Victoria to confirm your state sponsorship and also ask them for a copy of the email Victoria replied.

You can always call Victoria State Sponsorship to ask them what you need to do, they are very friendly and I am sure will be happy to help you.

Cath

Guest Jimshipway
Hi I think so, I noticed that all my document in checklist of 886 shows 'met' and application status is "being processed further". On the other hand my 485 application is granted today. I am not sure how long do I have to wait for my 886. What about you Jim? got any update yet?

sunnyboy, Any luck with ur 886?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest juliemtaylor

well we are still waiting for the Industry panel meeting, seems that everyone else from Jan has heard so unless its an IT problem, we have been unlucky??? Not impressed..

Julie x

Guest Jimshipway

I came to know from my state that the y have sent my form 1100 to DIAC on 09 april 2009. however, after 10 working days, I didn't hear anything from DIAC abt the CO. I also sent post-lodgement query to them and I got the below automated response from DIAC. I assume as per this email, they have different timelines for 176 and 886. For 886, it's 10 working days to get co and for 176, it takes to 2 months to register and then co. any lights on this?

"STATE OR TERRITORY SPONSORED - Subclasses 885, 475 and 176

If you have obtained state or territory sponsorship your visa

application will be processed as a priority. However it can

take up to 2 months from the time sponsorship is approved until

it is registered on our system. Once registered on our system

your application will be allocated to a case officer for assessment

and once conducted they will make contact if they require additional

information or documentation."

Guest OgaPoga

Once we got our State Sponsorship from Victoria (Mid March) CO from DIAC contacted us approximately after 2.5-3 weeks. They give 10 days "as a guideline" but most likely you will have to wait slightly more.

But it is true; it can take up to 2 months from the time sponsorship is approved until

it is registered on DIAC system. And once it is in DIAC system, then within 10 working days you will have a CO. I would thgink that in most cases it happens much quicker.

When was your State Sponsorship been granted? If only 10-12 working days ago, I would not worry, but just wait a week or so. If you have not heard by then, I would contact DIAC again.

Guest juliemtaylor

still waiting for the elusive Industry Panel meeting - anyone have any idea when that takes place for IT???

Julie x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jimshipway

My sponsorship was granted on 01 april09 and i just noticed that there is a change into status. it says "Application being processed further " on 29 April 09. also document checklist: requested for skills assessment. My agent says he has reloaded the skills assessment now. But he has not yet received any email about allocation of case officer.

Jim

Guest riddes01

Our application for State sponsorship took almost 6 months. I am not sure why but the authorities (I don't even know who they are but possibly the Education Authorities in Victoria) advised us to concentrate our research in two areas which included travelling out to visit them. Only when we got back did we find out neither of these areas could sponsor us but a third could, however, further research was required which delayed the process further.

I think it may depend on exactly what skills you have, teaching seems fairly limited at least in terms of the authorities but as I mentioned in previous posts, the schools we visited while out there said they were desperate for teachers (although initially supply).

In general terms I believe that state sponsorship, if the occupation is one that is needed, should take no longer than 4 weeks!

Sorry its a bit of a ramble.

Cheers

Did anyone submit any proof for financial resources? like bank statement, notary statement while applying for VIC state sponsorship? Plz reply...

Guest riddes01

We did not have to provide any documentary evidence! We were asked how much we thought we may be able to take but that was all, they pretty much took at face value what we said - which was nice!!

Cheers

We did not have to provide any documentary evidence! We were asked how much we thought we may be able to take but that was all, they pretty much took at face value what we said - which was nice!!

Cheers

Thanks for the info

Guest CatP
Hi

We sent off our online application for state sponsorship to Victoria on 14th Nov 2008. I've had an email back today acknowledging receipt and saying they will let us know their decision within 8 weeks. I already knew that was the official timescale but was wondering how long have people REALLY waitied for a decision. I'd LOVE to apply for the Visa (176) before Xmas and was hoping to hear from people who'd had a decision within 2-3 weeks. :smile:

Nicky x

Hi we applied 27th of March for victoria SS and we had a decision within 2 weeks, 176 was submitted 9th April and we were told last week to go and get medicals done which is this thursday! Can't believe how quick it has been after changing over from the 175.

Guest juliemtaylor
Hi we applied 27th of March for victoria SS and we had a decision within 2 weeks, 176 was submitted 9th April and we were told last week to go and get medicals done which is this thursday! Can't believe how quick it has been after changing over from the 175.

unbelievable and we are still waiting!!! I don't think they want CSL!!!

Good luck

Julie x

Guest CatP
unbelievable and we are still waiting!!! I don't think they want CSL!!!

Good luck

Julie x

Thanks Julie x Hope it goes a bit quicker for you, what job do you do? My OH is the main applicant and is an electrician and was taken off the CSL for the 175 route but we checked out Victoria's own CSL and he was on there so thought that might be why it was so quick, also it didn't seem like a lot of ppl on here were heading to Victoria so we thought that may be another reason! Obviolsy not so unsure as to why we have been so lucky - mind you we haven't got the visa yet!

Guest juliemtaylor
Thanks Julie x Hope it goes a bit quicker for you, what job do you do? My OH is the main applicant and is an electrician and was taken off the CSL for the 175 route but we checked out Victoria's own CSL and he was on there so thought that might be why it was so quick, also it didn't seem like a lot of ppl on here were heading to Victoria so we thought that may be another reason! Obviolsy not so unsure as to why we have been so lucky - mind you we haven't got the visa yet!

OH in IT and his skill is on the CSL for Vic too, so I think they have only a few panel meetings and we fell in between them... so want to go to Vic and hoping that we will stay on CSL so if we fail in Vic we'll get CSL on a 175?

Julie x

Archived