Food is sooo much better.

Guest earlswood

Guest earlswood

Why does some foods just taste better back home from sausages to take away curries, had faggots and peas with home made chips in my local last night and it was bloody excellent, the choice of delicious real ales has increased so much the time I was away and it just seems so cheap £2.20 a pint of ruddles:spinny:

I do miss chicken treat double chicken burger though, they need one over here.

Have you noticed the change? and what foods do you miss from Oz.

Why does some foods just taste better back home from sausages to take away curries, had faggots and peas with home made chips in my local last night and it was bloody excellent, the choice of delicious real ales has increased so much the time I was away and it just seems so cheap £2.20 a pint of ruddles:spinny:

I do miss chicken treat double chicken burger though, they need one over here.

Have you noticed the change? and what foods do you miss from Oz.

the snapper, its much better than the fish flavoured batter here :biglaugh:

Guest earlswood
the snapper, its much better than the fish flavoured batter here :biglaugh:

Forgot proper fish and chips straight out of the daily mail....., :biggrin:

Guest earlswood
I THINK YOU WILL FIND THAT DUE TO HEALTH AND SAFETY REGS .... CHIPS ARE NO LONGER SERVED IN NEWSPAPERS :nah:

MRS KEILY

I give up.....:GEEK:

Guest earlswood
bloody hell earlsy you are only about 2 miles from me, we'll have to meet up for a pint

Cant mate, Im off to Spain soon.

i'm working right by there at the moment pablo !!!!!!!!!!

packed bricklaying in for a year in 1981,and went concrete repairing/cladding some flats in sandwell, great job,better pay,working in cradles on 12 storey flats,only lasted a year though,we stayed in pleck by a massive gas tank near a bridge on main road into walsall,good people,dead freindly. anyway is this what they call going off topic? keep forgetting all the rules! so snapper...how is that cooked? fried? thought we were the only country big on batter?

Havent read all of this thread, but just wanted to say I am going to miss my Pie & mash with liquer and chilli vinegar :cry:

OMG - Hadnt thought of that - damn - I may have to cancel my visa lol. Ive tried making it homemade but just can get the liquer right!!!!!

Out of interest - where you from kdal - Personally you cant beat Manseys Pie N Mash shop down Walthamstow High Street - I was bought up on the stuff!!

• 1 month later...

We are from the Midlands and if you want to try the best fish and chips in the country (it's official, they have won numerous awards for them) you want to get yourself down to Hagley High Street near Stourbridge, to a chip shop called Our Plaice, they are the best fish and chips that you could wish to eat.

We too are heading back to the UK after only being here 4 months, can't wait to taste real fish and chips again (not that that is the only reason we are heading home!).

Guest earlswood
We are from the Midlands and if you want to try the best fish and chips in the country (it's official, they have won numerous awards for them) you want to get yourself down to Hagley High Street near Stourbridge, to a chip shop called Our Plaice, they are the best fish and chips that you could wish to eat.

We too are heading back to the UK after only being here 4 months, can't wait to taste real fish and chips again (not that that is the only reason we are heading home!).

Might just note that chippy...why are you coming back so early Roo?

Archived