Sunshine Coast, House for lease, car, furniture, white goods all for sale!

Guest cornishpeeps

Guest cornishpeeps

Hi, We have made the decision to go home, somewhat more quickly than originally expected, and as a result we have lots of stuff to get rid of as quickly as possible. We are aiming to get back before Christmas, although with every day passing that looks increasingly less likely. So many bargains on offer!:twitcy:

We need to break the lease on the house- 3 bed on Kawana Island, currently $370 p/w, we are prepared to drop this to $340 p/w and pay the remainder ourselves to the owner in order to get it rented out asap! Have a look at Raine & Horne Kawana Waters website for details.

But we can't really get rid of the house until we sell the furniture- a complete package from super Amart, only 1 month old, as new condition. It includes 3 seater & 2 seater sofas, 7 piece dining, entertainment unit, buffet/sideboard, coffee table, lamp table. Will seperate if necessary but better value if bought as package. It's advertised on trading post, which can be accessed online. Bought for $2799, will sell for $1950 for quick sale. Also a Samsung fridge Freezer, cost $780, will sell for $600, and a whirlpool front loading (english style!) washing machine, cost $660, will sell for $400, both 1 month old.

Could be persuaded to sell the 37" LCD HD TV for $1000, otherwise we will be shipping that one back with us. We also have a queen sized bed (cost $370) 'sorrento' design and very comfy mattress (cost $400), again 1 month old, will sell both together for $450.

And the car. It was bought at beginning of sept. It's a Holden (aka Vauxhall) Viva wagon- look it up on web. We paid $20,000 on the road. It's done 7000 kms, has had it's first service and it in excellent condition, as new. We are prepared to accept $17,000 for a quick sale- it's less than 3 months old!

We also have a bunch of kitchen stuff etc if anyone is interested otherwise we will ship some back to UK.

Please email me if you are interested in any of above: lbradley@fsmail.net or call on 0406 966361.

Hi we are arriving on the 11th Dec if you still have not sold by then we would be interested in the furniture. we are looking to live somewhere neer Nambour as I have a job there so the house is probably too far out but I would be willing to look at distances once we are in the country

Guest cornishpeeps

Hi, I'm afraid the furniture has just sold. And hopefully we have a tenant for the house moving in at the weekend so making a last dash to sell everything! I would suggest getting somewhere temporary (and furnished) like a holiday let to start with (you can find these on realestate.com.au) although prices go up drastically in mid dec for summer hols. Then you can have a good look around where you want to live. If you are working in Nambour you will have quite a lot of choice where you want to live and you can make up your mind between living on the coast and driving a bit further to work or living closer to work and getting a pool! I definately recommmend air con, it is very hot and humid at this time of year. Good luck when you get here and enjoy your first Christmas in Oz. If you are looking for furniture, tradingpost.com.au are a kind of ebay (seems more popular than ebay and you can search by area more easily than ebay). They also do local papers too. Sunshine coast daily is the other paper that you want to get hold of, more adverts are in on saturdays, and Garage sales are popular on Saturday mornings (early!) and are advertised in the paper on Friday and Saturday. Hope some of this helps, we spent ages trying to get our head around where to buy from when we got here. Second-hand goods are much more expensive than the UK and it takes some getting used to/shopping around.

Hope you have a great time, enjoy it!

Good Luck with the move back to the UK I hope everything goes smoothly for you and thanks for the info.

I'm just at the panicky stage of wondering if we're doing the right thing as it is tearing my heart out to say good bye to the family and then I'm excited about the move, I'm getting so confused,LOL!!. :confusedxmas:

But you never know until you try if its the right thing and I'd regret the not trying!

Guest cornishpeeps

You're definately doing the right thing in trying it out for yourself. If you love it and want to stay you've done the right thing and if it turns out not to be for you then you've done the right thing in trying, because then you won't be wondering 'what if?' for the rest of your life. We certainly have no regrets in coming out here, it's answered lots of questions for us and we've had a fantastic time on the way.

Archived