Last Post From Australia..

Guest YellowGecko

Guest YellowGecko

Not leaving Oz soil for another 6 days but have sooo much to do, it's unreal, so won't be online in a while.

18 months ago, I flew to Oz for a 6 week holiday with my then boyfriend, Dion. He's an Aussie who I met in the UK, and he brought me back here to Australia, to see how I liked the place.

I liked it.

I liked him.

Guess he liked me too, because he proposed to me 2 weeks after my arrival and I never went home again!

We married 15 months ago in Oz and had a honeymoon pregnancy.. result of which is now a very cute and very funny 6 month old little girl.

Blah blah.. now you know my boring life story with regards to me being in Oz.

I feel fortunate to have had the opportunity to live here for a time, and I shall miss so many aspects about this continent. But it is time to go home.. and right in time for Christmas.

Luckily I married an Aussie who adores the motherland, so he jumped at the chance of starting a new life in a country he already feels is his home and where he belongs.

Neither of us enjoy heat and humidity, so QLD was never right for us.. but lived on the transient Gold Coast for employment reasons.

Spending our last night in our rental this coming Thursday, then off to Brisbane to a swanky hotel suite for our last night here (and hopefully catching up with a fellow PIO'er) before boarding the Heathrow-bound plane next Saturday night.

I can't wait to show off my new family to everyone back home... but shall be back to visit Oz when little'un is a wee bit older, to show her where she was born and to visit her rellies etc.

I enjoy this forum and the banter that comes as part and parcel of it all and shall still be popping in on occasion. to see what's happening.

Meanwhile, good luck to those making the move to upside down land and also to those who are here and making the move back home again.

TTFN now.

Jo x :wubclub:

Hi Jo,

Great thread & you sound so happy too, although im sure on leaving oz you may have a tinge of sadness.

I really wish you so much luck back in the uk & you are so lucky to have a hubby who is willing to give it a go there too.

The world really is your "Oyster" you will be able to come & go to oz as & when you please.

So bon voyage, have a safe flight & remember to pop onto the site & stay in touch

stuju x

Guest traybears

hi jo,wishing you and your family luck for you journey and return to the uk.i bet your excited about seeing your family again and showing them your beautiful baby,good luck,tracy.xx.

Guest earlswood
Not leaving Oz soil for another 6 days but have sooo much to do, it's unreal, so won't be online in a while.

18 months ago, I flew to Oz for a 6 week holiday with my then boyfriend, Dion. He's an Aussie who I met in the UK, and he brought me back here to Australia, to see how I liked the place.

I liked it.

I liked him.

Guess he liked me too, because he proposed to me 2 weeks after my arrival and I never went home again!

We married 15 months ago in Oz and had a honeymoon pregnancy.. result of which is now a very cute and very funny 6 month old little girl.

Blah blah.. now you know my boring life story with regards to me being in Oz.

I feel fortunate to have had the opportunity to live here for a time, and I shall miss so many aspects about this continent. But it is time to go home.. and right in time for Christmas.

Luckily I married an Aussie who adores the motherland, so he jumped at the chance of starting a new life in a country he already feels is his home and where he belongs.

Neither of us enjoy heat and humidity, so QLD was never right for us.. but lived on the transient Gold Coast for employment reasons.

Spending our last night in our rental this coming Thursday, then off to Brisbane to a swanky hotel suite for our last night here (and hopefully catching up with a fellow PIO'er) before boarding the Heathrow-bound plane next Saturday night.

I can't wait to show off my new family to everyone back home... but shall be back to visit Oz when little'un is a wee bit older, to show her where she was born and to visit her rellies etc.

I enjoy this forum and the banter that comes as part and parcel of it all and shall still be popping in on occasion. to see what's happening.

Meanwhile, good luck to those making the move to upside down land and also to those who are here and making the move back home again.

TTFN now.

Jo x :wubclub:

Have a pint of real ale and a madras curry for mr when you get home Gecko, aussies seem to love the UK after visiting....good luck in your future life back home.:jiggy:

Jo, Wishing you and your hubbie and your little bubs a very happy life in the UK. Bet your family cannot wait to hold your beautiful baby.

All the best

Love Kimxx

What a lovely story hope you enjoy your FIRST christmas as a family and with the snow too (you never know) here's hoping santa brings you all you want too take care keep in touch were looking forward our first christmas in aus 6 weeks and counting, good luck and we'll be waiting for the sequel dvd ha ha all the best mark and rikki and kids

Hi ,

Hope you have a safe journey home and in time for Xmas and some snow!!!! If you are lucky!!!!

I have read your posts and i am happy that it has worked out well for you and remember those woolies as it is getting very chilly here now.

Best of luck to you and your family,

Gail xx

Archived