***Moving 2 Perth 2009??***

the_nanny_uk2

Hi Folks

As there seem to be quite a few in the chat room and on the forum that are moving to Perth next year I thought I'd start a thread so we can all keep in contact with each other. Maybe start a list of when you are going and where you hope to live. That way we can all help each other out and maybe hold a get together in Oz each time one of us makes it over there. Any thoughts greatly appreciated.thumbup.gif

We've just got back from the Leeds Expo where we met up with Clanfraser and his wife and also Scarletsfan and his wife. So good to put faces to the names now. Armed with loads of info now (and toys for the kids off the stands) well worth going.

Ok so we are Jo(39), Gaz(39), Ben(9) and Daniel(4) going to SOR, poss Secret Harbour or Lakelands.

Spk to you soon

j xxx

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dnex721

:jiggy:Hi all

We are aiming to go to perth - March 2009 [ house sale depending]

clarkson area , going on sponsored 457

Bev [40] , Tony [37], Rachel [17]

speak soon

:jiggy:

Guest prettyinpink

Hi, I'm Janette (36), married to Duncan (43), have 2 boys Conor (15) and Cameron (10). We've been in Perth for 5 weeks now but still finding our feet. Live in Leeming, just south of the city. Happy to pass on my experiences so far and help out with any questions.

Would love to meet up when you all get out here.

Janette x

hi everyone we are going to perth in jan and are looking at the rockingham area.we are going to the leeds expo today so hoping for some good info. would love to meet up with peolpe when we get there to hopefully get some instant friends........heres looking forward to seeing you all:jiggy:

Guest The Hoys hoping.........

Hi Everyone,

We are:

Jason (37) Donna (41) Lloyd (10) Georgia(7) and Frankie (the cat)

Heading to Perth ( Bunbury) July/August next year.

Would be lovely to meet people and put some faces to names! :-)

Guest The Hoys hoping.........

Yes, We are definately taking Frankie. He has the once over at the vet, who said he is a healthy cat. She gave us a load of leaflets. We rang a company called Airpets ( a lot of people on here have used them), they gave us a price of £1000 ish + $450 for quarantine costs in Perth.

Guest hartleys

Hi

We are Lisa (35) Darren (37) Jess (10) and Tilly the dog (3)

We are heading to Safety Bay, Rockingham area in Feb 09 and cant wait to get there.

Hope to see you all there

Guest Darwin's coming too

Hi

Lisa (39) Mark (44) and Darwin dog (14 !)

Heading to Mandurah south of Perth or possibly Albany hopefully May/June (depending on visa/house sale)

We're over on 12th December 09, unfortunately only on our reccy this time but nevertheless would still be good to meet up with people as we'll be back as soon as we have our Visa. Be useful to find out about where you all ended up living/working etc. Nothing like having eyes and ears on the ground!

Guest guest17301

Hi,

We are Fiona (33) Pete (34) Courtney (11) and Daniel (2)

We fly out Jan 26th and are hoping to settle in the Warnbro/Waikiki/Safety Bay/Rockingham area.

Would love to meet everyone once out there, lots of us seem to be heading for Perth, lucky us!!

Feeling fragile today...think it's one of them days...lots more emotional days before we go..13 weeks and counting x

Hi we are Steve (35 & a toy boy), Deb (48), Joshua (12) and are hoping to take my 4 siamese cats and 1 Oriental cat over to Perth next year by September at the latest (depending on house sale). My OH is a plumber/gas fitter and we are going over on a skilled visa which hopefully my migration officer has lodged this week for us.

Hoping to live in the Port Kennedy, Secret Harbour area.

I have a daughter (20) but she doesnt want to come so that will be a wrench.

Regarding the cats, it seems that the more you take the cheaper it is to a point!!

Went to the Coventry Expo last week and got a lot of useful information.

Keep in touch and hopefully we will all meet up eventually when we get there!!

Debbie

Hi Nanny UK

With regard to the cats, they can go together in a double crate.

When they get over to Perth and go into quarantine, they take 2 cats to each pen from what I can remember, the first cat is charged at the higher price and the second cat is cheaper and I think you only pay one charge for the import visa which you can put several cats on for the one price.

Its a few months since I went into the cat thing but this is from memory.

Just about to lodge my visa and have my house up for sale so early next year will be looking at the cat thing again. Apparently you have to allow about 5 months notice for the quarantine station in Perth as they get very booked up in advance.

Debbie x

Guest mandy1970

Hi

We are off to Perth as soon as the house has sold. But the way its going we will probably have to validate at the end of Jan.

We are hoping to settle somewhere around Rockingham/Mandurah.

Mandy (38) Colin (42) and girls Iona (10) and Skye (5) Milo our dog (7)

Guest blackjack041

Hi everyone... we are me (Pete 33), Laura (30) and Joseph (9), Thomas (7) and Cadence (4)... heading out to Rockingham area sometime in Jan 09. I am a secondary school ICT teacher and start work end of Jan so we need to meet our tight timescales. Lots of things to sell to finance our trip. We are seriously looking forward to it! Be great to meet up with you guys once we have arrived!

cya

Pete.

Guest blackjack041

Hi everyone, we are Me (Pete 33), Laura (30), Joseph (9), Thomas (7) and Cadence (4). We are heading out to Rockingham area sometime during Jan 09. I'm a secondary school ICT Teacher and start work end of Jan; seems like we have loads to do in such a short timescale! Be great to meet up with you guys once we have arrived!

cya

Pete.

Guest pamzer03

Hi we are Pam (25) and John (28) and hopefully going to Perth next month. My folks live in Kingsley and brother is in Kinross so we will be based in those 2 areas. Cant wait to go!

Guest tony&dee

Hi all, we are heading to Perth in the new year if we sell our house, not sure where yet but we are booked to fly on a reccie on the 4th Novemebr so will pass on any info when we get back.:jiggy:

Guest vickilb77

Hi

We arrive in Carramar on 2 March (booked flights on Friday!) its all a bit scary now !!!

Vicki (31) Simon (35)

x

Archived