***Moving 2 Perth 2009??***

the_nanny_uk2

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry steve & gina that was my fault , not too good at computer things !!

promise i wont touch it again !! he he he xxx

No problem, obviously pleased it wasn't intentional. Just hope we all manage to stay in the list now.:notworthy:

Sorry, these faces are fun, bit like a big kid at times.

Yanchep? you like a lot of driving then

M from K

Hi M from K,

Drivings ok.

Generally not planning to go much further south than Hillarys, perhaps the odd trip to Kings Park now and again. We have everything we want on our doorstep for a nice relaxing happy life. Obviously pleased about Marmion Ave extension to reach some of our favourite places.

Where are you then ? I take it you need city life. I'm imagining Joondalup will do us for a bit of nightlife (not expecting too much), thanks.

Our eighteen year old agrees but this may change, we're happy to see how it goes cos its so lovely there.:yes:

Hi M from K,

Drivings ok.

Generally not planning to go much further south than Hillarys, perhaps the odd trip to Kings Park now and again. We have everything we want on our doorstep for a nice relaxing happy life. Obviously pleased about Marmion Ave extension to reach some of our favourite places.

Where are you then ? I take it you need city life. I'm imagining Joondalup will do us for a bit of nightlife (not expecting too much), thanks.

Our eighteen year old agrees but this may change, we're happy to see how it goes cos its so lovely there.:yes:

Just curious 30km to go shopping at joondalup iVE just turned 50 odd meal out will do joondALUP has 3 bars 18 year old at Yanchep will be stir crazy. Marmion extension they have not opened the shenton ave mitchell freeway yet your 18 year old will be as old as me when that opens if they manage to fund it. So you are minted retired dont have to work, must be if you are having a relaxed life lose the rts

M from K

Just curious 30km to go shopping at joondalup iVE just turned 50 odd meal out will do joondALUP has 3 bars 18 year old at Yanchep will be stir crazy. Marmion extension they have not opened the shenton ave mitchell freeway yet your 18 year old will be as old as me when that opens if they manage to fund it. So you are minted retired dont have to work, must be if you are having a relaxed life lose the rts

M from K

Sorry, didn't you want to mention where you live then ?

It took us about 20 mins from Joondalup to Yanchep and I'm imagining theres not much traffic on the Wanneroo Rd compared to the freeway. Don't believe thats long distances as far as Australia goes.

Obviously need to work but not everything's in the city.

And no not minted, just happy to give it a go, if it doesn't work out we can move on but thats life. Could however be perfect place for us, will only be 8 mins away from Butler so I take it you don't rate that much too either.

If you do reply perhaps you can shed some light on all the fun things you do which we may be missing out on instead of rubbishing Yanchep.

Sorry don't know what rts means.

Sorry, didn't you want to mention where you live then ?

It took us about 20 mins from Joondalup to Yanchep and I'm imagining theres not much traffic on the Wanneroo Rd compared to the freeway. Don't believe thats long distances as far as Australia goes.

Obviously need to work but not everything's in the city.

And no not minted, just happy to give it a go, if it doesn't work out we can move on but thats life. Could however be perfect place for us, will only be 8 mins away from Butler so I take it you don't rate that much too either.

If you do reply perhaps you can shed some light on all the fun things you do which we may be missing out on instead of rubbishing Yanchep.

Sorry don't know what rts means.

I am not rubbishing yanchep at all but you have obviously researched done your reccy did you drive at the peak periods, I have experienced this as so as my wife wanneroo road as well as the freeway and the marmo are packed at peak times ( work times ) my wifes friend lives at two rocks and travels down wanneroo then the freeway. 8 minutes been readin the brochuures honeastly the freeway extensions are way out of their proposed opening times. I love it here but peeps Im not having a dig at you think they are coming here work shorter hours and have a easy life, you are expected to work longer hours and the travelling distances are greater so makes it alonger day its a booga with the shorter daylight most West Australians hate daylight saving so that will be voted out . Its a beautiful place but the life is still as hard as the uk work does not stop and thats a fact wherever you live. Its like a meal the steak can be tough but the dessert is nice

Have fun

Mally from Kally

I am not rubbishing yanchep at all but you have obviously researched done your reccy did you drive at the peak periods, I have experienced this as so as my wife wanneroo road as well as the freeway and the marmo are packed at peak times ( work times ) my wifes friend lives at two rocks and travels down wanneroo then the freeway. 8 minutes been readin the brochuures honeastly the freeway extensions are way out of their proposed opening times. I love it here but peeps Im not having a dig at you think they are coming here work shorter hours and have a easy life, you are expected to work longer hours and the travelling distances are greater so makes it alonger day its a booga with the shorter daylight most West Australians hate daylight saving so that will be voted out . Its a beautiful place but the life is still as hard as the uk work does not stop and thats a fact wherever you live. Its like a meal the steak can be tough but the dessert is nice

Have fun

Mally from Kally

Thanks for your concern but we have done loads of research in Perth and on the web, visited twice, spent 2 weeks there this August, did not see no major traffic on the Wanneroo Rd at peak times (but perhaps some may exist), you haven't experienced the M25 or even Romford at peak times. We understand from our research that Capricorn are pumping in lots of money to get the Marmion Ave extension finished.

Why do you think everyone comes out to be lazy. We have read lots and know what we're in for, we're not silly and know we have to work hard, but like you say its the same everywhere. Just nice to be in a lovely location in your free time.

Anyway best to disagree on this, its our happy Perth 2009 meet-up thread so best to get back to what its meant for.

Guest guest17301

We are flying out 26th Jan, slight change of plan re location! Decided the commute will be too much to Port Kennedy/Rockingham; going to try NOR. I only have a 10 min commute in the UK and realise the distances in Perth are vast but hope for a 20 min commute really. Will have to be less choosy with area/house methinks to begin with. Looked at Clarkson in the past (nice and cheap) but lots of negativity on here? Any thoughts?

Guest The Davidsons

We were in Butler in August and I travelled in by road to Ascot and it took 40 mins at Peak. I do recall one serious traffic hold up. It was for at least 1 minute whilst the lights changed by Ocean Quays!

I also travelled in by train to Subiaco as will be working there. It was a strange journey. I got a seat at Clarkson on a clean train. Changed lines and got another seat too. All this whilst being above ground watching the "traffic" on the freeway moving.....

I commute from Hornchurch to Stevengae 5 days a week, so spend 3 hours a day in my car.....

I cant wait to be "stuck" in those Aussie jams....It must be tough!

struth so where is that barbie going to be ?? lol there are a lot of us going perth!! hi all were hoping to go feb/march 09 not sure when yet , hopefully kalamunda area, but we may change our minds yet! but its going to fun deciding all the best all gone or going!!

Hi all. Add us too. Hopefully Joondalup July 2009.

PIO FORUM LIST

Darwins coming too Lisa, Mark & dog MANDURAH

Dnex721 Bev,Tony & Rachel17 CLARKSON

Aussietool Geoff & Jaq WOODVALE

Prettyinpink Janette,Duncan,Conor15&Cameron10 LEEMING

Stuart Stuart, Paula & jack7 ROCKINGHAM

The Hartleys Lisa,Darren,Jess10 & dog SAFETY BAY

Emmaroo Emma & Mark COTTESLOWE

The Hoys Donna,Jason,Lloyd10,Georgia7 BUNBURY

JLT Jo, SOR ?

Fiona1975 Fiona,Pete,Courtney11&Daniel2 ROCKINGHAM

Wendy Robinson Wendy,Dean,Cameron7,leah4,Dylan 1 ROCKINGHAM

Blackjack041 Pete,Laura,Joseph9,Thomas7&Cadence4 ROCKINGHAM

Pamzer03 Pam & John KINROSS

Tony&dee ????????? ???

Vickyilb77 Vicki & Simon CARRAMAR

Michelledenham Jon,Michelle,Kiera4 & Erin2 NOR

Tracyb37 Tracy,Geoff,Oliver10&Daisy6 KINROSS

Rorissons NOR

Adamsfamily Nicola, ,Zoe10 CARRAMAR

Shar07 Sharon,Mike,Brad12,Jess9 SECRET HARBOUR

Generalis Soberra,Martyn,Katy7,Kyle2 MANDURAH OR BUTLER

Crystalrose ?, ?, Sophie11,Zara8,Aidan7 SECRET HARBOUR

Steve & Gina, Michaela 18, Danny 9, Rachel 3 YANCHEP (OR BUTLER/CARRAMAR/QUINNS ROCKS)

Stoddc1 - Carole , Mark & kimba (dog!) - JOONDALUP

sarahjl - Trev, Sarah & Isabelle 2 1/2 SECRET HARBOUR

valandbaz - Val and Barry - JOONDALUP

hi nanny_uk_2

have you forgot us or done it to tell us something (lol)

Guest The Davidsons

Fiona

When we were in Butler in August all the guys selling houses said stay well clear of Clarkson. We asked lots of questions why and were told simply "locals". Make of that what you will. I find it strange that one area is good, another bad when they are so close in distance! For example I took a drive around Norfolk and felt like I'd entered another world and left quickly. Yet I was one block from somewhere which was nice!

Everyone is different, we all like different things, so you must do what is right for you. Good luck with whatever you decide to do

Guest Tottenhamjohn

Hi Nanny Uk2, didn't notice our names on list ,

Tottenhamjohn(39 and 13mths),Sam(37),Jamie(12)and Hollie(10) BUTLER,PERTH

Guest michelledenham

You know what,

I live in Essex and if I want to go anywhere shopping i.e, basildon, chelmsford, southend, maldon or lakeside it takes me at least 20mins to get there...... So unless you actual live 'on the high street' I think you have to drive everywhere, 'don't you'?

Sorry Gina, couldn't help but comment. Why does everyone think 'Yanchep' is so bloody far out! Most people in this country travel at least an hour to and from work everyday........ So what's the problem.

Anyway, we should be discussing more important things like ' what colour / shape balloon are you bring? We don't want to clash!!!

Guest prettyinpink

OK......I promise I'm not going to mention Yanchep........ok well just the once and that was to say I thought it was lovely when I went for the day.

ANYWAY...... back to the subject of a meet up......we all seem to be varied and wide across Perth so I would suggest something like the 1st weekend of every month to have a PIO meet up, and to possibly make it a regular thing? How do peeps feel about that? That way if it's a regular thing, whoever may not make it to the first, can make it to subsequent ones. We could also vary the venues, one month have it up in the North......another month have it down South and sometimes we could even have it in the middle lol......like Kings Park?

What are everyone's thoughts on that proposal?

Janette x

OK......I promise I'm not going to mention Yanchep........ok well just the once and that was to say I thought it was lovely when I went for the day.

ANYWAY...... back to the subject of a meet up......we all seem to be varied and wide across Perth so I would suggest something like the 1st weekend of every month to have a PIO meet up, and to possibly make it a regular thing? How do peeps feel about that? That way if it's a regular thing, whoever may not make it to the first, can make it to subsequent ones. We could also vary the venues, one month have it up in the North......another month have it down South and sometimes we could even have it in the middle lol......like Kings Park?

What are everyone's thoughts on that proposal?

Janette x

I really like your ideas so totally agree here.

As scary as it looks, especially the toys, I must get lots of sorting, packing boxes and clearing done now or hubby's threatening to throw it all in a skip. :huh:

The idea of a meet up is a great one! We are lucky as we have friends that have moved to Perth last year but they said that they have found it quite lonely at times. My friends hubby didnt want to go to any meet ups which has been hard on my friend as she has been the one left at home with only the kids for company. Shes made friends now through playgroup and school but she did find it hard. So a meet up sounds fantastic! x

Excellent idea Jeanette, its good. I think maybe making set venues for NOR, Kings Park ans SOR, that way people know there'l be a meet on at those places and we alternate that each month. As new people come out they will be able to join up at the meets each month and put faces to the posts. Just need to decide on places and time slots now......ideas??

Guest prettyinpink
us too ! sounds great idea . were sharon , ivan , grace and jack the dalmation , by the way.

Sharon, would you be bringing Jack to the meets? As if you wanted to, we could find a doggie friendly beach perhaps.

Guest yorkshirelass

Hi - For all you people heading out to Perth in 2009.......if you havent managed to sort out your short or long term rental....I have a great fully furnished house in Woodvale NOR which we have just put out to rent and taking bookings as from today. Check out the thread on real estate and rentals on pomsinoz homepage or follow this link to check it out Open2view - Property ID# 74646

I would be more than happy to have a chat and give you loads of info on local schools, the area etc.

Good Luck with your move!:jiggy:

:wubclub:

Sharon, would you be bringing Jack to the meets? As if you wanted to, we could find a doggie friendly beach perhaps.

he would be forever your friends especially if he gets a sausage or two! lol, no serious we would love to pop in down around for a meet up, so will keep checking out the posts we are hoping to be oz bound feb/march so look forward to meeting some of you :yes:

Hi Folks

As there seem to be quite a few in the chat room and on the forum that are moving to Perth next year I thought I'd start a thread so we can all keep in contact with each other. Maybe start a list of when you are going and where you hope to live. That way we can all help each other out and maybe hold a get together in Oz each time one of us makes it over there. Any thoughts greatly appreciated.thumbup.gif

We've just got back from the Leeds Expo where we met up with Clanfraser and his wife and also Scarletsfan and his wife. So good to put faces to the names now. Armed with loads of info now (and toys for the kids off the stands) well worth going.

Ok so we are Jo(39), Gaz(39), Ben(9) and Daniel(4) going to SOR, poss Secret Harbour or Lakelands.

come on jo add us on your list PLEASE

Spk to you soon

Archived